Loki

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
LOL!!!! I knew the shitheads of FoH were going to shit on this series. Don't even know why I ever even stop by. This series was a brilliant intro into phase 4 and it went right over their heads..
Bye

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
LOL!!!! I knew the shitheads of FoH were going to shit on this series. Don't even know why I ever even stop by. This series was a brilliant intro into phase 4 and it went right over their heads..
Except most of us generally liked it you fucking half-wit.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
US Agent isn't a villain and that actor was probably the second best thing in the show.

He spent half his time fighting the heroes and then aligned himself with Elaine at the end.

So call him whatever you want, but being the second best thing in a show with zero good things isn't high praise

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Brad2770

Binged it today. Never felt like it dragged. Really liked the soundtrack. Hated the love/incest-ish plot. Really hope female Loki gets murdered so we can have non-simp Loki back.

• 1Salty

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I think youre being too critical of the love story plot. If he's doing everything for himself how is he a simp? I think its got more depth and humor to it than you're giving it credit for. The show painted a tragic story of Loki's life. Always the betrayer and as a result forever alone, and thinks he deserves to be. Then he falls in love with himself. This is the timeline changing nexus event, a timeline where Loki did something no Loki had ever done. But in the end Loki betrays Loki and he's forever alone again. Because Loki can't help but betray those close to him.

Its not like they made it into a romcom with a storybook ending. This was a tragedy that included some elements of love and loss. I thought it was great, love story and all.

Cybsled

The pacing was overall fine. The only part it seems like people felt it dragged was the episode where they get stranded on the moon.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The moon episode seemed like a better Dr. Who episode than actual Dr. Who for the last 5 years. The rest of Loki was just fine. Nothing more or less. It took me reading this thread to understand the blowback of his self-love interest and even then it doesn’t detract from the show much. My immediate reaction was along the lines of others in that he’s just super conceited and naturally would love himself.

I think after watching a couple MCU movies recently overall the series just feels like it neutered Loki and turns him in to a caricature of himself. He was totally gimped and explained away as some Time Authority power nullfier hand waving. Didn’t really do anything at all. The last two episodes drove it home when he cowers behind Sylvie in most shots and let’s… herself lead?

Also didn’t like the acting for not-really-Kang. Guess it is better to say the way he was portrayed as the acting could have been just fine to get across what the point was. My impression wasn’t of a tired, old, worn out, eccentric, genius, all knowing, whatever. My impression was just that he was retarded. Maybe that’s what happens to you though at the end.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm finally getting around to watching Loki. God damn, the first episode was incredible. This show rules.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm finally getting around to watching Loki. God damn, the first episode was incredible. This show rules.
It's downhill from there. And then uphill. and then downhill. and then uphill. and then downhill.

Major consistency problems, but at least there are plenty of great moments instead of mostly being shit piled on shit like Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Also didn’t like the acting for not-really-Kang. Guess it is better to say the way he was portrayed as the acting could have been just fine to get across what the point was. My impression wasn’t of a tired, old, worn out, eccentric, genius, all knowing, whatever. My impression was just that he was retarded. Maybe that’s what happens to you though at the end.
Yeah, people just have a thing for praising black actors as a way of virtue signaling. The weird thing is even extend sto FOH. "OMG Idris Alba is such a good actor, did you see how he turned that sword to open the bifrost? swoon"

He didnt come across as ancient, genuis, eccentric, or dangerous. He came across as a smug college know it all. Kang was Theo Huxtable during his insufferable college years.

But "yay what a great actor"

(awesome series, but this is supposed to be the next big bad?)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
this is supposed to be the next big bad?
No. Kang the Conqueror is supposed to be the next big bad. This was He Who Remains.

I mean he may end up sucking as Kang, but he wasn't playing Kang in Loki.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
No. Kang the Conqueror is supposed to be the next big bad. This was He Who Remains.

I mean he may end up sucking as Kang, but he wasn't playing Kang in Loki.
Did I completely misunderstand or are you splitting hairs? I thought He Who Remains was just the version of Kang that won the first multiverse war.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did I completely misunderstand or are you splitting hairs? I thought He Who Remains was just the version of Kang that won the first multiverse war.
I'm certainly not trying to split hairs. He's not a variant of Kang the Conqueror, he's a variant of Nathaniel Richards. Kang the Conqueror is a different variant of Nathaniel Richards. He Who Remains did end the multiversal war but he did it by temporarily ending the multiverse, not by conquering it. Even if he did effectively control reality via the TVA, conquest was never his goal, stopping his variants was. He Who Remains is also hundreds of millions of years old, which is why he's so unhinged. Kang the Conqueror will presumably be portrayed far more seriously.

So I mean, yes they're the same person in the way that Loki and Sylvie are the same person, or Loki and any of the other Loki variants we saw are the same person.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The opening sequence from the 6th episode of Loki & Sylvie looking on at the building in the distance, reminded me a lot of those old '90's era Fantasy Castle Desktop images.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I still consider this Marvel's deepest cut to date on a philosophical/meta/implications level. It is layered with layers of meaning too (heh).

The idea of the "Devil" giving man free will but only because he was a pawn in it all is simply amazing to me.

Thus far, Loki > Wandavision > What If > TFAWS