Loki

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
All the Disney+ shows have been generally interesting to watch but once you get some distance from them and the shiny wears off they feel pretty bleh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I loved WandaVision but I have a huge, huge boner for 60s-80s sitcoms so it scratched that perfect itch. Thats a show I intend to rewatch, just the first few episodes that are basically episodes of I Love Lucy, Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith, Brady Bunch, etc with an MCU skin is an absolute insane thing to do in 2021 for younger viewers who have no clue or context what those shows are.

Falcon & WS sucked balls, I'll never watch it again and there's not much good to say about it. Winter Soldier was cool.

Loki was interesting, Hiddleston and Owen Wilson elevated the HELL out of the show and the multi-verse stuff is interesting. It all depends on the future, if multiverse stuff turns out to be great Loki will be a neat starting point, if multiverse shits the bed and ends up being stupid and nonsense then Loki won't really mean much. Its hard to praise too much a show that hinges on future properties, and there were definitely 2-3 episodes that were NOT GOOD which is a problem for a 6 episode series.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I generally liked this but female Loki was as interesting as a wet fart. The real draw of this is the Hiddleston-Owen Wilson buddy show but unfortunately they ditch this for far too long.

There is some fair criticism to level at this show even if you enjoyed it.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Falcon/WS was okay, my biggest complaint was WS getting his ass kicked constantly and his power level being put to the same levels at Falcon.

that shit drove me crazy.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Falcon/WS was okay, my biggest complaint was WS getting his ass kicked constantly and his power level being put to the same levels at Falcon.

that shit drove me crazy.
Ya, even my g/f - a non comic book movie/show fan - was like "Why is Bucky so weak in this?"

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Falcon/WS was this...

Daniel Bruhl Dancing GIF

Ftfy

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This was really great until the fairly anticlimactic ending.

This was basically just Multiverse Wizard of Oz.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This was really great until the fairly anticlimactic ending.

This was basically just Multiverse Wizard of Oz.
As a huge Kang mark, I didn’t feel it was anticlimactic at all I guess. If anything I was even more excited.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Out of all the series they've released - I think Loki is my favorite.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Hawkeye>loki>wandavision=what if>falcon is my rankings. I feel overall that the quality of all the episodes were best with hawkeye, and it had yalena & Kate

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Out of all the series they've released - I think Loki is my favorite.
Oh I think this was super good, the costume design and the special effects and especially the cinematography was very neat. It was cleverly written throughout (though probably a little too wordy, the scenes between Mobius and the Judge got very repetitive, I would have deleted at least one of them as an editor) and then after all that clever writing, the end just kinda fell flat, there was a lot of talking and yet didn't really drive home why the characters did what they did at the end.

I think what we're supposed to take away is that they're fundamentally different; Sylvie believes in free will, which effectively requires an uncontrolled, branching multiverse with no one pulling the strings, and Loki was totally fine with the idea of ruling the sacred timeline, but they could have made the conflict a little more clear. For instance, I see people here posting that Sylvie killed Kang because she just wanted blind revenge, and I definitely don't think that was her motivation at all.

I guess my problem with the ending is that, for a scene with a ton of talking, so much time was wasted and so much important character motivation was left unsaid.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I loved almost everything about this show but having the ultimate power ruling the timelines turn out to be Theo Huxtable was so anticlimactic.

To be clear, I don't mean the fact that he's black, I mean the fact that he was playing Theo Huxtable. Nothing mysterious or awe inspiring or intimidating. Just a college kid with a know it all attitude.

Still a great fucking show but I think the casting and direction for this character was by far the low point.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I loved almost everything about this show but having the ultimate power ruling the timelines turn out to be Theo Huxtable was so anticlimactic.

To be clear, I don't mean the fact that he's black, I mean the fact that he was playing Theo Huxtable. Nothing mysterious or awe inspiring or intimidating. Just a college kid with a know it all attitude.

Still a great fucking show but I think the casting and direction for this character was by far the low point.
Though he did a great job but the sound mixing was fucking horrible, no matter what I did I could not get the dialogue volume up on that scene.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

He's not supposed to be awe inspiring or intimidating. You do realize he's not the new big bad, right?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
He's not supposed to be awe inspiring or intimidating. You do realize he's not the new big bad, right?
Is this gonna be another hairsplitting over Kang the Conqueror vs He Who Remains?

Look, I don't know what he was like in the comics. I'm just saying that directing the ultimate power to act like Theo Huxtable back from college and full of himself was weird. I dunno what they were going for there, but I don't see how it came across as anything but a disappointment.

Brad2770

Is this gonna be another hairsplitting over Kang the Conqueror vs He Who Remains?

Look, I don't know what he was like in the comics. I'm just saying that directing the ultimate power to act like Theo Huxtable back from college and full of himself was weird. I dunno what they were going for there, but I don't see how it came across as anything but a disappointment.

I think your response here is exactly what they wanted.

“This guy?! We are supposed to be scared of this guy?”

He even said something along the lines of “Wait until you meet my variants.”

What-If Dr. Strange is probably a mild taste of what we are going to see with variants.

• 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard

Thank you, I couldn't really put my finger on what I didnt like about Kang but this is a perfect summation...he was Theo Huxtable and thats not intimidating at all.