Loki

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well now it's been explined to me why "Kang" was boring because of story reasons... yeah why didn't they write the story to make him not be boring?
I think Chris here phrased the question the best way, and my guess is they didn't realize they were ending the season with such a wet fart. Maybe they had easily amused/less critical test audiences.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I dunno, did you never watch the Cosby Show?

We watched it as a family every week. I figured a lot of us had, and were familiar with it. When Theo went off to college, he went through a smarmy know it all phase. The physical appearance and mannerisms of He Who Remains are a dead ringer for Theo Huxtable during his knowitall college years.

It isnt about being clever, its more that once you see it you can't unsee it. I've referred to him as HWR more than Theo Huxtable but I always have to remind myself.

Don't recall that, but it went off the air when I was 5 or 6 and wasn't all that into it so I'll accept he had some weird crazy know it all phase.

Either way, they haven't even introduced Kang the Conqueror yet and only some vague foreshadowing that He Who Remains will even be in any way connected to some great bad. Even when they do, he's still much more Lex Luthor than he is Thanos

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
His role was cast in Sept 2020.
Imagine the pitch meeting.
Bored Over It GIF by Veep HBO

literally just added at the last minute to be "Floyd the conqueror, he who can breathe"

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think Chris here phrased the question the best way, and my guess is they didn't realize they were ending the season with such a wet fart. Maybe they had easily amused/less critical test audiences.
The series was structured like a novel and the final episode was a denouement, with the big climax in episode 5.

Might have tested well if they just ran the whole thing together as a 4.5 hour movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I watched the whole series in one sitting and thought he sounded like a retard. So congratulation, they ended the season with a 45 minute conversation with someone who was literally retarded after spending an infinite amount of time being retarded. And I use that in the literal sense of the word, not an insult. He mumbled, meandered, and was a mess. He didn't come off worn out, tired, consumed with the burden of knowledge and infinity, or whatever other description you want to throw. He came off mentally handicapped.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What are you people arguing about even? 99.9% of this show sucked ass. 70% of it was woke garbage, the other 29.9% was the deconstruction of previously created stories. The 0.1% was the alligator loki.

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What are you people arguing about even? 99.9% of this show sucked ass. 70% of it was woke garbage, the other 29.9% was the deconstruction of previously created stories. The 0.1% was the alligator loki.
What exactly was woke about this show? lol.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
What exactly was woke about this show? lol.
The deconstruction and the demand for repentance and punishment of the white male? The wise latinx judge who another white male must always look up to? The white men all being incompetent buffoons while the women were all strong and clever and amazing at everything? Its a long list of obvious garbage. The whole thing was trash.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The deconstruction and the demand for repentance and punishment of the white male? The wise latinx judge who another white male must always look up to? The white men all being incompetent buffoons while the women were all strong and clever and amazing at everything? Its a long list of obvious garbage. The whole thing was trash.
He Who Remains is really a metaphor for Obama who filled the oppressive time government (the fantasy version of the TSA meets the DMV meets the FBI) with diversity hires, and lied to them about everything to expand his own power! He uses his oppressive time police to spy on and try to imprison Loki, who is actually Trump, a reckless narcissist with tyrannical tendencies who just happens to be right about a few things. In the end, despite trying to undermine him the whole way, Kang/Obama is prepared to just hand the whole thing over to Loki/Trump without a fight, while Sylvie, who represents HILLARY CLINTON obviously, keeps trying to murder both of them, which was really her plan all along. In the end, Sylvary Clinton wins and all of Loki/Trump's allies pretend they don't even know the guy.

It's ackchyually quite based when you think about it.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 4 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
He Who Remains is really a metaphor for Obama who filled the oppressive time government (the fantasy version of the TSA meets the DMV meets the FBI) with diversity hires, and lied to them about everything to expand his own power! He uses his oppressive time police to spy on and try to imprison Loki, who is actually Trump, a reckless narcissist with tyrannical tendencies who just happens to be right about a few things. In the end, despite trying to undermine him the whole way, Kang/Obama is prepared to just hand the whole thing over to Loki/Trump without a fight, while Sylvie, who represents HILLARY CLINTON obviously, keeps trying to murder both of them, which was really her plan all along. In the end, Sylvary Clinton wins and all of Loki/Trump's allies pretend they don't even know the guy.

It's ackchyually quite based when you think about it.
Constructing a strawmen is clearly a sign of a good counterargument.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
You do realize the white guy was right about everything at the end and nothing you're saying makes any sense, right?
How is him being right or wrong change the SJW bullshit injected into the story which made it suck?

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How is him being right or wrong change the SJW bullshit injected into the story which made it suck?
I mean, if you really want to look at the story through your insane lens, the whole thing boils down to two white guys who end up redpilling the two deep-state black chicks about how the government is lying to them.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I mean, if you really want to look at the story through your insane lens, the whole thing boils down to two white guys who end up redpilling the two deep-state black chicks about how the government is lying to them.
I will pass on bothering with this. If you want, you can find a Lithose post about it.

• 1Edgelord

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If Kang is from the 31st century, does that mean that Deltron 3030 is now part of the MCU?

(It does kinda fit if you don't think about it too hard!)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

You're pretty off on this one. The males were right about everything the whole time and it was the dumb bitches holding them back with their dumb shit. Dumb chick at the end then dooms the multiverse because of her shitty emotions she can't control.

Calling this 70% sjw is pretty lazy. I'll go 20%-25% at most due to unrealistically diverse casting choices, but at least they weren't Mary Sues and were all corrupt or idiots

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Dumb chick at the end then dooms the multiverse because of her shitty emotions she can't control.
This particular subversion of gender norms isnt obvious to you? The violent one is the female and the male has to try and talk her out of her rage. How many times has this happened in previous art or in real life?

As to the males being right in the end, that doesnt change the rest of the sjw trash in this show. The wise latinx judge being looked up to isnt any different because the ending turned out a certain way. The god of mischief, capable of fooling entire pantheons of gods, being so incompetent that he gets drunk and blows his cover in front of normies when his life is on the line isnt any different because the ending turned out a certain way. And on and on...this is a terrible argument and you should have realize that because Mist made the same one.

• 1Edgelord