Loki

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This particular subversion of gender norms isnt obvious to you? The violent one is the female and the male has to try and talk her out of her rage. How many times has this happened in previous art or in real life?

As to the males being right in the end, that doesnt change the rest of the sjw trash in this show. The wise latinx judge being looked up to isnt any different because the ending turned out a certain way. The god of mischief, capable of fooling entire pantheons of gods, being so incompetent that he gets drunk and blows his cover in front of normies when his life is on the line isnt any different because the ending turned out a certain way. And on and on...this is a terrible argument and you should have realize that because Mist made the same one.

Either this is sarcasm, or you've never been with a woman before cause this shit happens all the time in real life. Chicks are always losing their shit because of their dumb emotions while the guy rolls their eyes and thinks "oh not this shit again". I'm also guessing you're talking about the half black chick when you say latinx? Because she's in power because she's banging the boss. I'm guessing you also believe that's never happened before in real life.

I also hate the fact that I'm agreeing with Mist, but I'm sure with enough posts he was bound to get something right by accident.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Either this is sarcasm, or you've never been with a woman before cause this shit happens all the time in real life. Chicks are always losing their shit because of their dumb emotions while the guy rolls their eyes and thinks "oh not this shit again". I'm also guessing you're talking about the half black chick when you say latinx? Because she's in power because she's banging the boss. I'm guessing you also believe that's never happened before in real life.

I also hate the fact that I'm agreeing with Mist, but I'm sure with enough posts he was bound to get something right by accident.
Women dont fly into murderous rage, its not one of their typical emotional outbursts. Violence like that has always been attributed to men except when the gender roles are being subverted purposely.

As for the latinx thing, in the first episode the brown judge leans down to the white man and tells him something about listening to her and he says that it is how it should always be. Its the most cringe thing in that episode.

• 1WTF

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Women dont fly into murderous rage, its not one of their typical emotional outbursts. Violence like that has always been attributed to men except when the gender roles are being subverted purposely.

There's an entire show dedicated to this female behavior called Snapped.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Women dont fly into murderous rage, its not one of their typical emotional outbursts.

mike-tyson-laugh.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
So from what I am gathering from this conversation
Wormie has never met a woman in his life.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I don't think its fair to call it a murderous rage. It wasnt some emotional moment. The TVA fucked her entire life since she was a child. She spent literally her entire life running from them and vowing revenge.

Now, given the chance to get that revenge, she finds the source of all her suffering is within her grasp and vulnerable.

Sylvie did nothing wrong, and I'm not sure its even fair to say it was driven by emotion let alone murderous rage. She simply continued on her life long mission and completed it. Loki had a moment of weakness where he was tempted and gave in, but Girl Loki stayed true to the mission.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah you guys are right. How could I forget all the stories told over the ages about a woman committing violence while a man is trying to talk reason into her. Silly me.

Sterling

El Presidente
Well this thread sure went in an awesome direction. This show was probably my favorite before Hawkeye and I still feel like the high points are probably better than Hawkeye, but that show is much more consistently good. This one is too up and down.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Loki was mediocre with high points of cool. overall hawkeye is the best consistent story and just fun. loki at bits was a slog.

Fadaar

That guy
Would Loki be rated so highly if Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston didn't carry the fuckin show on their backs as well as the multi-Lokis episode? Probably not. Hawkeye was a much better actual show (IMO) with a good boost from Renner, Stenfield, and Pugh.

• 1Salty

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Would Loki be rated so highly if Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston didn't carry the fuckin show on their backs as well as the multi-Lokis episode? Probably not. Hawkeye was a much better actual show (IMO) with a good boost from Renner, Stenfield, and Pugh.
That makes it appear as if Renner, Steinfeld, and Pugh were not critical reasons as to why Hawkeye was good. Without the chemistry between the 3 characters, Hawkeye would have been much worse. Just the story alone did not make Hawkeye the best show. I would argue that the 3 actors in Hawkeye did more for the show than Owen and Tom did for Loki.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah you guys are right. How could I forget all the stories told over the ages about a woman committing violence while a man is trying to talk reason into her. Silly me.

We really need a backpedal reaction for shit like this

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This particular subversion of gender norms isnt obvious to you? The violent one is the female and the male has to try and talk her out of her rage. How many times has this happened in previous art or in real life?

Just except you got BTFO and move on.

You should be used to it by now

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Loki (as a series, the entirety of it) isn't about the action. It's the story.

Ditto with WandaVision.

Is it any coincidence then that multiple sites consistently put these two on the top of the list for best show?

Perhaps its a commentary on whose watching it and where. Think about it.

• 1Garbage

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hawkeye is the only series I'll maybe watch again, I'll watch a second season of Loki because I'm a nerd and love Hiddleston and want Owen Wilson on a jet ski

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My ranking for the phase 4 series so far would be
1. Hawkeye (surprising the hell out of me)
2. Wandavision
3. Loki - Only ranks so low because I hate time travel. They did a good job of it till the end. I actually enjoyed that they were using it to eliminate multiverses, which I also hate.
4 What if

And nothing else. There are no others to list. Not a bad series in the lot.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I suppose I should give Wandavision another try. and watch Hawkeye.

Do I need to watch Black Widow to give a shit about Belova showing back up?