Loki

Cybsled

Mobius obviously likes Earth (I mean, he thinks the best thing ever created in all of creation is the Jet Ski).

Plus this isn't the first Loki they have dealt with. Not super surprising either that he would basically have become an expert on all things Loki and have a soft spot for Earth stuff.

Xevy

Log Wizard
If Mobius isn't a Loki or Kang in disguise, he was stolen from the 90's era obviously so him knowing about DB Cooper before being snatched wouldn't be particularly surprising. And the fact he knew it was Loki could've been from a million different reasons. Maybe they were watching Thor when he made the bet or Heimdall watching it or whatever the fuck. Knowing everything that happens means you know everything that happens.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
What kind of lazy ass civilization waits until the last minute to evacuate? Planets don't exactly sneak up on you.

Neither does, say, climate change.

Still get entire countries and cultures singing the denial song, lol.

Probably got retards in every civilisation.

• 3Picard
  • 2Worf
  • 2Pathetic
Reactions: 9 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can't get over the whole Demolition Man glowsticks they use. They couldn't copy Boba Fett for disintegrations so they had to go cattle prod.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Someone has to know that they're all actually variants, either Mobius, Ravonna, or both.

If the show were longer than 6 episodes I'd allow for the possibility that Sylvie was lying but there's no way they have time for that to have been a lie.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't get over the whole Demolition Man glowsticks they use. They couldn't copy Boba Fett for disintegrations so they had to go cattle prod.

It's the way they hold them two-handed like they can actually fire.

If I was in the TVA I'd be dual-wielding the fuckers Eskrima-style.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad they casted a female as the other loki. If not it would have been really awkward when the lokis start fucking each other.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
I'm glad they casted a female as the other loki. If not it would have been really awkward when the lokis start fucking each other.
1624542393812.png

Loki is a speciest series, all we have seen are humans so far. Other species exist in this universe! Boycott Loki until it accurately represents the vast multi species diversity that is the Milky Way + Andromeda. Where are the Groots? The ... um, well, thats the only other MCU alien species i know

Khane

Got something right about marriage

The best part is they don't even use them like prods. They swing them around like baseball bats. Someone needs to teach these TVA agents the way of just the tip.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Is it just me or do they do an absolutely awful job of keeping the 'sacred timeline' consistent with the characters in the show. I say this because we know that there are tons and tons of variants but we also know that the TVA culls all timeline variances rather quickly because of how quickly they must undo small variances in order to maintain the sacred timeline.

This puts them in a very strict box because it means that there are exactly ZERO other timelines that could go way out of whack. How could different Loki variants have wildly different magic powers if they must all start from the sacred timeline version (our version) of Loki? Sylvie claims to have been jumping around in time so long that she has forgotten what their mother is like but we know that this variant had to experience at least some of the same life as our Loki. If that is the case than how is this variant not the ultimate baddie for the TVA since they would have been trying to catch this one for decades, if not centuries. It also precludes us from getting a King Loki that was more than a few hours into his reign unless he is meant to be a King some time on the sacred timeline. Well, I guess Sylvie's fucking up of the timeline allows anything to go from this point forward; but before the end of episode 2 no variant could have been in existence for more than a few hours or days.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Is it just me or do they do an absolutely awful job of keeping the 'sacred timeline' consistent with the characters in the show. I say this because we know that there are tons and tons of variants but we also know that the TVA culls all timeline variances rather quickly because of how quickly they must undo small variances in order to maintain the sacred timeline.

This puts them in a very strict box because it means that there are exactly ZERO other timelines that could go way out of whack. How could different Loki variants have wildly different magic powers if they must all start from the sacred timeline version (our version) of Loki? Sylvie claims to have been jumping around in time so long that she has forgotten what their mother is like but we know that this variant had to experience at least some of the same life as our Loki. If that is the case than how is this variant not the ultimate baddie for the TVA since they would have been trying to catch this one for decades, if not centuries. It also precludes us from getting a King Loki that was more than a few hours into his reign unless he is meant to be a King some time on the sacred timeline. Well, I guess Sylvie's fucking up of the timeline allows anything to go from this point forward; but before the end of episode 2 no variant could have been in existence for more than a few hours or days.
Unless Slyvie is from one of the multiverses that the TVA wiped out. Those were allowed to spin out for quite a while before the Time Keepers reset the timeline. Some variants are free will "mistakes" and some are probably refugees from old timelines.

Xerge

<Donor>
This has to be a 'to be continued...' episode or some shit. Other wise it's pure filler. The actor is literally carrying this show like Kano carried MK, and Tom isn't a big guy.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think it was needed to lay the groundwork for how the two Lokis interact. I also have a sneaking suspicion that Loki (Hiddleston) was doing the drunk act and faking the timephone being damaged as a means to build trust with Sylvie to draw out what she knows and her plans. It would not surprise me if the device is intact and even charged since Sylvie seemed to be fooled by other illusions he generated. Looking at it through that prism, the episode is a lot more interesting. Problem is, I am not convinced the writers are that creative or intelligent.

This is clearly the worst episode so far of this series, but anyone saying this is worse than the Falcon and the Social Justice Warrior or WandaVisions worst parts is edge lording. If nothing else it added some depth to both Sylvie and Loki with their exchanges. Biggest issue with it, imo, was the complete absence of Owen Wilson. The actress for Sylvie is decent, but she lacks TH or OW's comedic timing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
I don't think the show has fully fleshed it out yet but I don't think the idea is that the "Sacred Timeline" is the ONLY universe, its just "the most important". You cannot fuck with it, the TVAs primary purpose is to keep it stable according to the wishes of the Time Keepers. Which suggests its super important to them, likely they are not actually around yet and its the timeline that "creates" them in the future, and they sent/created the TVA in the past to ensure they are born without disruption. They are telegraphing so hard the TVA and Time Lords are evil its a bit cringey.

Infinite other universes exist and do their own thing with the TVA acting as oversight, an infinite number exist with a female loki (or a tranny loki, or a black loki, or whatever) who all led their own life from beginning to end. Variants only start popping up when they try to fuck around and alter things by using time travel, I'm not clear on whether variants happen when one of them tries to fuck with "the sacred timeline" or just fucks with their own universe. Time travel must be a component of being declared a variant, since without it you are on your own little universes sequence.

Once you introduce multiverse and time it all gets messy and lame, since infinite is an impossible concept for human beings to really understand, and an infinite number of universes means nothing you do really matters, everything that can happen does happen. I do like the idea of the "Sacred Timeline", it introduces the idea that one single verse out of the infinite is important for reasons TBD.

• 1Like

Cybsled

I do hope that in a future MCU project, they at least acknowledge AoS as an alternate timeline. Even if it is a jokey “there was even one timeline where Coulson died, then came back to life, then died again. Then an evil version showed up, then died. Then Coulson came back as a robot!”

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I do hope that in a future MCU project, they at least acknowledge AoS as an alternate timeline. Even if it is a jokey “there was even one timeline where Coulson died, then came back to life, then died again. Then an evil version showed up, then died. Then Coulson came back as a robot!”
Thanks for the spoilers jackass

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

so is there any jokes of the "sacred timeline" NOT being the movie one, but instead 616? or, given how comics are dying... maybe 616 is no longer the sacred one... the movie timeline IS now sacred.

(ain't giving disney money, and have not pirated yet)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I also have a sneaking suspicion that Loki (Hiddleston) was doing the drunk act and faking the timephone being damaged as a means to build trust with Sylvie to draw out what she knows and her plans.
You mean, the over-the-top "oh, I must have fallen on it... oh, shit, I just dropped it and now it's all in small pieces" scene?

• 1Like