Loki

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It could be a different TVA altogether, since the sacred timeline is toast and there are multiple timelines now, it's safe to assume there's now multiple TVA's as well.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
What I don't get is how bald chick in end game doesn't know about the tva. She even explains to hulk they will create a branch that fucks with time if she gives him the stone. Plus how does this kang dude think he's the first one that knows about time and the multiverse when the avengers straight up defeated thanos with changing time. I don't know shit doesn't make sense to me.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
What I don't get is how bald chick in end game doesn't know about the tva. She even explains to hulk they will create a branch that fucks with time if she gives him the stone. Plus how does this kang dude think he's the first one that knows about time and the multiverse when the avengers straight up defeated thanos with changing time. I don't know shit doesn't make sense to me.

Magic has no place in the TVA so she may not have been aware, hard to tell I guess.

Jive Turkey

Karen
I didn't like Kang's portrayal until I realized that's not Kang. That's the loony toons time caretaker version of a Kang. Badass Kang will most likely be badass Kang. More Thanos and Doctor Doom than fucking Mr. Mxyzptlk.

I think they purposefully didn't explain more about Sylvie to save up for Season 2. Obviously she'll see what she's done and want some redeeming. I'm honestly guessing she gets thrown into the Phase 5 group to replace Thor. Wouldn't be awful as long as they scale up her physicality.
That guy's name is seriously Kang??? lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
dog GIF by Red & Howling

• 3Like
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
He Who Remains wasn’t the baddest Kang, just the one who discovered a WMD and wiped out everyone with it.

Also, anyone get Slyvie=Thor parallels? Thor chops off Thanos head without thinking, Sylvie kills variant Kang without thinking. Both actions result in worse shit happening
thor lopping off thanos' head was an abrupt move, but it wasn't done without thinking. the reason why thanos was able to make the snap is because thor DIDN'T abruptly kill him at the end of infinity war. he wanted thanos to know that he was beaten, and that thor was getting revenge for asgard. thor makes a stupid little quip and thanos just smiles "Shoulda gone for the head" and then snaps his fingers. it was demonstration that for all of thor's growth, he still is an arrogant child. that's why he makes a big deal later on with mjolnir and still being worthy. it was a surprise to him and if you notice, he stops behaving like a kicked puppy after that.

so thor lopping off his head in endgame was thor learning his lesson and taking the killing blow when it presented itself instead of trying to get answers just to make them feel better.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Avengers messing with time I guess created a new branch, so the TVA would have purged the original timeline if that continued.

The Ancient One maybe knew that multiverses were possible but didn't know that any multiverse appearing was destroyed by the TVA.

It's interesting that Ant Man 3, Spiderman 3 and Doctor Strange 2 are all dealing with multiverses. Are we going to see three Kangs?

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
It could be a different TVA altogether, since the sacred timeline is toast and there are multiple timelines now, it's safe to assume there's now multiple TVA's as well.

Not really.

If there's a TVA, it'd be working to preserve one sacred timeline. Nu-Moebius and co. are clearly stressed out about the fact that things just started to branch, so it seems only logical that the day before they were happily working away on preserving one single sacred timeline as mandated by their founder/mission/etc..

If anything, it suggests a later stage in the "resurrection" / "I'll just end up right back here" promise/prophesy of "He-who-remains-not-Kang". Another multiverse war happened and another Kang-Variant once again won and did the whole "let's reduce it to one timeline"-thing all over again.

Last edited:

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Anybody else catch the Greta "How dare they" voice line in the timeline audio montage? Fucking lmao.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not really.

If there's a TVA, it'd be working to preserve one sacred timeline. Nu-Moebius and co. are clearly stressed out about the fact that things just started to branch, so it seems only logical that the day before they were happily working away on preserving one single sacred timeline as mandated by their founder/mission/etc..

If anything, it suggests a later stage in the "resurrection" / "I'll just end up right back here" promise/prophesy of "He-who-remains-not-Kang". Another multiverse war happened and another Kang-Variant once again won and did the whole "let's reduce it to one timeline"-thing all over again.
Each TVA is going to disagree about which branch is the Sacred one. They all would have been on the Scared one at some point before branching off with their differences.

Loki has ended up on a branch where Kang has ego enough to have his face on the statues and not be a hidden manipulator. Which is bad news.

I bet they'll have a few movies tackling a multiversal war then integrate then somehow which will lead to a timeline with Avengers AND X-Men.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Each TVA is going to disagree about which branch is the Sacred one. They all would have been on the Scared one at some point before branching off with their differences.

Loki has ended up on a branch where Kang has ego enough to have his face on the statues and not be a hidden manipulator. Which is bad news.

I bet they'll have a few movies tackling a multiversal war then integrate then somehow which will lead to a timeline with Avengers AND X-Men.

Maybe. But if there're 2 or more branches / TVAs, they (and the Kang behind it) would know about it (and one would've pruned the other one). 2 TVAs on two (or more) branches contradicts the existence of the TVA in the first place.

The TVA is created by the victorious Kang after eliminating all but one timeline and tasked to maintain it.

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider

It's a matter of layers. A dog riding in a car knows that it's something that moves around and makes him end up in different places. A human driving it knows how to control it; put it to best use and how to avoid it becoming dangerous. A mechanic knows how the car actually works and can make adjustments to it. An engineer can actually design a car and fundamentally make it work differently.

I'm guessing bald chick is more like the human driver in this example, maybe with a few clues about time mechanics. Kang would be more of a true mechanic. Maybe some godly entity would come close to being the engineer. Loki is the dog.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Maybe. But if there're 2 or more branches / TVAs, they (and the Kang behind it) would know about it (and one would've pruned the other one). 2 TVAs on two (or more) branches contradicts the existence of the TVA in the first place.

The TVA is created by the victorious Kang after eliminating all but one timeline and tasked to maintain it.
Yeah so the Sacred Timeline has TVA existing all throughout time because Kang went back in time to make it.

So now, no matter where they branch off, there's a TVA.

So one could branch off 1000 years before our time with an evil Kang, then we see something radically differently in our time. Even though from our point of view as a viewer, it's only just happened.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm trying to decide if there was some significance of the guy eating an apple.

Some play on, "An apple a day keeps the Doctor away" maybe.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This was pretty good on a narrative and story stand point. I hate most stories involving time travel and such but Marvel seems to do it pretty well.

I cant decide if Johnathan Majors is a good actor or not. He was so shitty in Lovecraft Country. He definitely channeled his inner Benecio Del Toro for this episode.