Losing your Job

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yes at the headquarters in Middleborough. I currently work for Decas Cranberry Products, a small family owned competitor for the last 3 years. They have a bunch of turnover and their boiler operators are disgruntled as the boiler has a horsepower of 499, which is ONE hp below the continuous monitoring law. So they ahve me do shitty production work, basically turning me into a glorified productionworker who tends the boiler maybe 20% of the time.

Now Im going to work in a fucking huge plant as a boiler operator apart of teamsters union, continuous operation as they run 2000+ hp and go through millions of cubic ft of gas and water. Pension after 5 years, overtime, its fucking awesome im so happy.

Its been 14 years in the making, building my resume, putting me in position to land one of the best fireman jobs in the Commonwealth. And yes I can probably get tons of concentrate and Craisins. I can mail some to you guys,

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Yes at the headquarters in Middleborough. I currently work for Decas Cranberry Products, a small family owned competitor for the last 3 years. They have a bunch of turnover and their boiler operators are disgruntled as the boiler has a horsepower of 499, which is ONE hp below the continuous monitoring law. So they ahve me do shitty production work, basically turning me into a glorified productionworker who tends the boiler maybe 20% of the time.

Now Im going to work in a fucking huge plant as a boiler operator apart of teamsters union, continuous operation as they run 2000+ hp and go through millions of cubic ft of gas and water. Pension after 5 years, overtime, its fucking awesome im so happy.

Its been 14 years in the making, building my resume, putting me in position to land one of the best fireman jobs in the Commonwealth. And yes I can probably get tons of concentrate and Craisins. I can mail some to you guys,
bro i can feel your happiness from my monitor.
so happy for you. good job.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Congratulations, Jozu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I had my quick intro interview with the HR screening from my old company. I know the drill: HR Screen, manager interview, director interview.

She admitted that she didn't have a lot to talk about since she saw I had worked there before but said it's just part of her checklist for the position that she has to complete, which includes a small written assessment to gauge design skills. Due Monday.

I open the document and they're still using the one I personally created for them. :)

Shitrep?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thanks bros.

Can we shitpost a bit tho? lol.

Honestly, one of the things im most looking forward to is telling my current 2 bosses that im quitting. I gotta give my 2 weeks but im thinking of the way I can do it. I got sick time, personal time, and vacation time, which they have to pay me for. I was thinking of giving one week and then just taking 2 or 3 sick days and never going back, or maybe just take the money? Like Ive thought of soooo many things to say when I go into that smug fucks office and just be like....

LOL I FUCKING QUIT. HERES MY 2 WEEKS

*walks out*

He is a total dick, and so is my facilities boss. He wouldnt even give a recommendation for my last interview. That place is really unreasonable and treat their employees like dogshit.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Personally, even when upset at a boss or I'm really unhappy and I move on elsewhere, I always keep it professional in terms of putting in a notice. I've never wanted to take the chance of word getting back to my new employer, which I've seen with others and had a job offer rescinded. Also, since you are staying in the same industry, you may end up working with one of the people from your previous job at your new job so why cause possible future issues for yourself? Ya dig?

Obviously those are the exceptions and not the norm, but why take any chance. If you want to duck out and take your paid time then do that and just exit stage left with minimal said. Personally, unhappy or not, I'd take the hourly pay + what they owe. Extra money is always welcome.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I know Gin has higher alcohol (generally) than vodka. But for some reason I can drink lots of vodka and just get normal drunk, but like 2-3 gins get me white girl trashed. Why is that?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I m always pretty cordial when I quit otherwise you just look like a dick

Never know, one day you may have to work with them again

• 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Thanks bros.

Can we shitpost a bit tho? lol.

Honestly, one of the things im most looking forward to is telling my current 2 bosses that im quitting. I gotta give my 2 weeks but im thinking of the way I can do it. I got sick time, personal time, and vacation time, which they have to pay me for. I was thinking of giving one week and then just taking 2 or 3 sick days and never going back, or maybe just take the money? Like Ive thought of soooo many things to say when I go into that smug fucks office and just be like....

LOL I FUCKING QUIT. HERES MY 2 WEEKS

*walks out*

He is a total dick, and so is my facilities boss. He wouldnt even give a recommendation for my last interview. That place is really unreasonable and treat their employees like dogshit.

Thoughts?

Grats on the job, but even if they are complete chimpanzees (which it sounds like they are) you never know when you'll see them again and in what context. On a company personality test years ago, I placed as a "hard red", aka an asshole know it all who can only be approached in professional, concise terms - and when I quit my corporate job to strike out on my own, I basically lit the place on fire during a meeting and walked out, never to be heard from again. Years later, when my company was just starting to gain momentum I had a big package of minerals I was looking to sell - finally find a buyer at Chesapeake, and low and fucking behold, the A&D guy in charge of purchasing was my old boss from years earlier. Chesapeake declined purchase and I had to hold those fucking minerals for way longer than I wanted to - I left his office that day proud that I was making a ton more money than that douche canoe, but annoyed with myself that I let my emotions get in the way of business. Ultimately, you can and should be able to swallow just about anything professionally - while it is fun (and hilarious) to belittle dipshits in public, it's not great if it's (potentially) to the detriment of your career and earnings. Just my .02

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Congrats, Jozu Jozu - I won't hold you to the Craisin thing. I don't want another Snuggie debacle.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure how small the world is for boiler operators for juice companies, seems small and highly skilled/specialized. Despite it feeling good don't do this...