Lost Ark Online

Malkav

French Madman
Why do they always let clowns write these communications?

You never start a major incident communication with "Unfortunately".

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Welp, delayed. So much for trying to get in before the masses since it's a work day.

I really hope SG is already considering a new publisher or thinking of self-publishing.

I can tell that Gold River REALLY wanted to make a good first impression on Western audiences and AGS is really fucking shit up for them.

Hopefully they didn't sign a publishing deal that lasts too long.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Why do they always let clowns write these communications?

You never start a major incident communication with "Unfortunately".

200.gif

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I finished entire story arc and got the message to hit 460 to go to Rohedol or something. Still unsure who I want to main, zerk is fun but doing the bosses made me realize melee still sucks for allllllll the AEs! I likely just need to tune off other peoples effects so it makes things easier to see at times.
Also F Sigmund when some don’t know the fight 😂

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I really hope SG is already considering a new publisher or thinking of self-publishing.

I can tell that Gold River REALLY wanted to make a good first impression on Western audiences and AGS is really fucking shit up for them.

I don't think they have done a bad job at all as far as major MMO launches go.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I finished entire story arc and got the message to hit 460 to go to Rohedol or something. Still unsure who I want to main, zerk is fun but doing the bosses made me realize melee still sucks for allllllll the AEs! I likely just need to tune off other peoples effects so it makes things easier to see at times.
Also F Sigmund when some don’t know the fight 😂
On Gunlancer, when fight advice is, "just stay out of AEs"

sadface GIF

I know it has been live in other regions for years but I think this has been the best overall launch I can remember.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Is it me or are Steam achievements somehow fucked up? Was looking at my list, and I have the achievements for 100% Adventure Tome in Yudia and West Luterra (which I for sure didn't 100%) and some achievements for ridiculous things like selling 20 000 items or clearing 250 sudden quests (which I definitely did not since i'm barely lvl30).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Is it me or are Steam achievements somehow fucked up? Was looking at my list, and I have the achievements for 100% Adventure Tome in Yudia and West Luterra (which I for sure didn't 100%) and some achievements for ridiculous things like selling 20 000 items or clearing 250 sudden quests (which I definitely did not since i'm barely lvl30).
Yeah, I noticed that shit too. Im sure its just fucked.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Oh, I agree that when you can actually log in, it has been pretty great. Very little lag.

The issue is not being able to log in at all or the character creation locking, especially during soft launch and now launch. Players tend to "forgive" you more as long as they can play, especially with friends, even if it's laggy as shit. However, not allowing people to play at all is what pisses people off the most. Especially when you have major streamers playing this.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont know why all these MMORPG ass clowns dont just adopt the WOW mega server shit by now. Shits been around for years and im sure its not some secret sauce anymore. The whole 2-5K per server bullshit leads to problems during launch and even more after when people quit and servers are 400 peeps. There has to be a better way to do this shit these days.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>

Amazon launched this shit as near perfect as you could on the 8th, with 500000+ concurrent users. OMFG A SMALL DELAY TODAY DITCH AMAZON.

Malkav

French Madman
What type of degree do you think "Head of Social Media" has? There is your answer

I sure hope they have some people more qualified than social media clowns in their PR department. But I guess we live in clown world nowadays yeah.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
On Gunlancer, when fight advice is, "just stay out of AEs"

sadface GIF

I know it has been live in other regions for years but I think this has been the best overall launch I can remember.

I havent done anything on Gunslinger, i leveled a Zerker up to 50 and did everything with him. Gunslinger sounds awesome to master but the learning curve is steep. If they had WASD i could have had it down in an hour or 2 but how controls are now is a different issue.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Amazon launched this shit as near perfect as you could on the 8th, with 500000+ concurrent users. OMFG A SMALL DELAY TODAY DITCH AMAZON.
They handled the New World launch pretty well too considering that was at peak something like 900K. Small problems at beginning with 200K queues, lol but they got the shit resolved with more servers being available within hours. Again, thets the problem with 2.5K concurrent player servers. Not sure how many is in Lost Ark but still the same problems persist.