Lost Ark Online

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Amazon launched this shit as near perfect as you could on the 8th, with 500000+ concurrent users. OMFG A SMALL DELAY TODAY DITCH AMAZON.
This is true - on launch day i got in immediately with no issues at all and played without any hitches - However if you didnt login in the first 10 minutes then you had Steam delaying you

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The delay on the first day was bad but most players still got in within 1 hour despite 6k+ Ques. The next day had no Ques at all. That was the only hitch with the launch. I might not like certain aspects of game play(Not a fan of 8 button action plus class action), but I feel they handled the game launch pretty well considering. Now, they might fuck up that record starting today. We shall see.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Stoked I get another platinum pack today, need da scrapper skin and the red Cerberus

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't know, it took me like 25mins to download the game after I decided I didn't want to decrypt, and then got in instantly fine. Picked an empty server, made my char with my name which somehow wasn't taken ~30mins after servers were up, and played fine the rest of the time.

That said I played a smaller server so I didn't have to bother with queues and shit, hell yesterday I logged in at 8PM and had no queue(server was "Busy" but still no queue).

Overall I'd say it was a fairly smooth launch, there were some Steam issues for some ppl but that's just Steam fucking up when it's getting hammered by 500k nerds, and they've been opening more servers at a decent pace. Even they are probably surprised by the success of the launch but they still had somewhat decent prep for it. Just sucks they didn't finish server transfer tech in KR before this though, they could have offered free transfers to new servers to make it easier. All in all, people had issues for what, an hour? For a mmo launch, one that was massive based on their concurent user numbers, that's really solid.

Anyway personally I'm progressing at a decent pace, cleared Rohendel story yesterday and got to ilvl 500. Can maybe get to 600 today depending on RNG and how many islands I do. Scrapper feels kinda weak though, don't know if it's cause I'm rushing the ilvl and not progressing side stuff(I only have skill points from the 4 quests for example and no runes and only green class engravings so atm I only have 5pt class 5pt random shit on my stone) or cause the class is a bit weak. It's nice enough but making me doubt if I should pick another class. I kinda wish they had released Summoner as I feel I'd like that better.

There aren't too many classes I'm interested in anyway besides Scrapper, my Deathblade alt is kinda ok, I want to make a Demonhunter too but I need to find time to level it(guess I could pay 600g to boost it but I need these class engraving book quests at some point, the other 2 boosts really show how much you lose by boosting even if you save 12hours). It doesn't get very good until T3 or so I hear though, and blue class engraving books are somewhat rare so can't really afford to check it out as much.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The queues were due to Amazon slowly upping the population cap. The vast majority of the responsibility for the smooth launch goes to Smilegate. The game/client is really smooth and polished, and in 2 years on RU I've never come across any issues. Some guy who played in KR claims the the max server cap is 35k. Don't know if it's true.

For anyone who hasn't claimed shit from their founders pack, if you're planning on staying on the server you're on, you should claim it. The skins won't be locked to a class unless you open the chests they come in. When I read the post about it I think it said only things that have already been claimed would be resent. I'm too lazy to read it again, but you should. The new shit they are sending will be untradable, but the old stuff isn't. So, you could sell some of it if you want some gold. IMO if you do plan to sell, wait a while, will be worth way more later.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The queues were due to Amazon slowly upping the population cap. The vast majority of the responsibility for the smooth launch goes to Smilegate. The game/client is really smooth and polished, and in 2 years on RU I've never come across any issues. Some guy who played in KR claims the the max server cap is 35k. Don't know if it's true.

For anyone who hasn't claimed shit from their founders pack, if you're planning on staying on the server you're on, you should claim it. The skins won't be locked to a class unless you open the chests they come in. When I read the post about it I think it said only things that have already been claimed would be resent. I'm too lazy to read it again, but you should. The new shit they are sending will be untradable, but the old stuff isn't. So, you could sell some of it if you want some gold. IMO if you do plan to sell, wait a while, will be worth way more later.
Well I mean its a 8 yr old game, lol. I hope they have problems worked out by then. lol.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Well I mean its a 8 yr old game, lol. I hope they have problems worked out by then. lol.
1644601768507.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ok three, point still remains, this is not some new game that has the devs chewing fingernails to see if the shit works when the masses are released upon it.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I don't know, it took me like 25mins to download the game after I decided I didn't want to decrypt, and then got in instantly fine. Picked an empty server, made my char with my name which somehow wasn't taken ~30mins after servers were up, and played fine the rest of the time.

That said I played a smaller server so I didn't have to bother with queues and shit, hell yesterday I logged in at 8PM and had no queue(server was "Busy" but still no queue).

Overall I'd say it was a fairly smooth launch, there were some Steam issues for some ppl but that's just Steam fucking up when it's getting hammered by 500k nerds, and they've been opening more servers at a decent pace. Even they are probably surprised by the success of the launch but they still had somewhat decent prep for it. Just sucks they didn't finish server transfer tech in KR before this though, they could have offered free transfers to new servers to make it easier. All in all, people had issues for what, an hour? For a mmo launch, one that was massive based on their concurent user numbers, that's really solid.

Anyway personally I'm progressing at a decent pace, cleared Rohendel story yesterday and got to ilvl 500. Can maybe get to 600 today depending on RNG and how many islands I do. Scrapper feels kinda weak though, don't know if it's cause I'm rushing the ilvl and not progressing side stuff(I only have skill points from the 4 quests for example and no runes and only green class engravings so atm I only have 5pt class 5pt random shit on my stone) or cause the class is a bit weak. It's nice enough but making me doubt if I should pick another class. I kinda wish they had released Summoner as I feel I'd like that better.

There aren't too many classes I'm interested in anyway besides Scrapper, my Deathblade alt is kinda ok, I want to make a Demonhunter too but I need to find time to level it(guess I could pay 600g to boost it but I need these class engraving book quests at some point, the other 2 boosts really show how much you lose by boosting even if you save 12hours). It doesn't get very good until T3 or so I hear though, and blue class engraving books are somewhat rare so can't really afford to check it out as much.
Scrapper is basically the games “baseline” class and always motr in terms of balance. It is pretty tanky and can be hard hitting if you go shock but it’s slower and less “safe”. I think it’s the best designed class I’ve played a fair amount of but definitely not flashy or really big dick deeps. I did demonic past few days but found myself missing Scrapper so used pp on it and now have to start finding engravings

Cybsled

For gunslinger I changed the weapon swap function to a mouse button, but just 1. I’d rather quickly hit swap a couple times than waste another button for cycling. Much better than the default z c shit they use

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

You get grudge or cursed doll engraving yet?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Ok three, point still remains, this is not some new game that has the devs chewing fingernails to see if the shit works when the masses are released upon it.

Right, but that's my whole point. All Amazon had to do for launch was not touch anything, and it worked out fine. Not breaking something that isn't broken is much of a reason for praise. Scratch that, for Amazon, it probably is.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

and you're here spending $200 on this thing

Amazon is whatever the opposite of the Midas touch is

Lol. It looks like basically the same thing that happened in Archeage with the cash shop token dupe. People would open it and step through a portal and when they came out the other side they'd have the currency and the token still.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Right, but that's my whole point. All Amazon had to do for launch was not touch anything, and it worked out fine. Not breaking something that isn't broken is much of a reason for praise. Scratch that, for Amazon, it probably is.
All amazon did was choose how many servers they had for launch, and published them to the masses before hand which they fucked up, just like they did in New World. I mean didnt they see how many pre oorders they had? Im not sure why and how they could fuck something like this up? Rather have more servers at launch then needed than less, which leads to all these problems.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user