Lost Ark Online

ansar

Trakanon Raider
I guess my Google Voice number was the problem. Once I submitted a real number it worked first time.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That really sucks, this is the only AARPG I want to try.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That really sucks, this is the only AARPG I want to try.

I tried it. In RU and KR. It's terrible. Love the graphics/animations and combat. The rest is shit. And all the cool instance stuff? Yeah, after that castle siege at 30 they're ain't no more shit like that.

it's just a very average, typical asian grinder, in a pretty arpg-looking package.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
By the time this game comes stateside PoE2 and D4 will probably be out or in beta and no one will give a care about it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
What I find hilarious is that RU launched with only 3 servers and on top of that only one was consistently high pop, and another, the un-official english server was high occasionally. Which it probably wouldn't be except for the RU publishers not caring if you use VPN, plus the player made english patch. And they chose to launch in Russia first instead of the West. Retarded. The game sucks, but while it's still shiny they could have made way more with a Western release first. Most of the suck is at endgame. Unless you start a couple months after launch, then there is also major suck soloing all the leveling dungeons, because in 2019, the devs are too stupid to incentivize revisiting old content.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This game was fun, but I think it's getting way overhyped - it's not that great and suffers from end game made-in-korea fuckery. Still, had a fun few weeks with it and a few of the classes are really fun to play.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Hard to still be excited after so many years, but I’ll play it if they bring it, even if it just for a month or so.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
This game was fun, but I think it's getting way overhyped - it's not that great and suffers from end game made-in-korea fuckery. Still, had a fun few weeks with it and a few of the classes are really fun to play.

There's a lot of changes with Season 2, some good some questionable, but yeah, it's still pretty Korean. I'm wondering what version NA will launch with. Normal launch version? Season 2 version? Pre-Season 2 with some of the newer classes? The original launch version is pretty shit IMO, but a large part of that is most of the classes I like weren't in at launch.

Japan is launching with Season 2, so NA should get that version hopefully.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
There's a lot of changes with Season 2, some good some questionable, but yeah, it's still pretty Korean. I'm wondering what version NA will launch with. Normal launch version? Season 2 version? Pre-Season 2 with some of the newer classes? The original launch version is pretty shit IMO, but a large part of that is most of the classes I like weren't in at launch.

Japan is launching with Season 2, so NA should get that version hopefully.
Definitely needs to be season 2, as it added quite a bit of good stuff to the game. Launch version was still pretty fun to level up in, play a few classes but I ran out of steam quickly at end game.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Definitely needs to be season 2, as it added quite a bit of good stuff to the game. Launch version was still pretty fun to level up in, play a few classes but I ran out of steam quickly at end game.

Yeah, I played at RU launch for like a month with a Devil Hunter main. Then I played the KR version for a couple weeks (kept getting re-verify banned). Really liked the Lance Master and both Assassin classes, plus the catch up mechanics- Duo versions of the 4 man raids (4 man is way overtuned and a huge gold drain) and bosses dropped way more upgrade mats. Couldn't go back to RU after that, so quit for a few months. Played again recently after RU added LM and Ass, playing 6 characters, because with the daily/weekly limits playing just one sucks ass. Taking another break until RU gets Season 2. Really should be grinding gold/silver until then, but it just gets so repetitive.

Game would be much better if they focused a bit more on the MMO aspects. It's just log in, do your 3 raid dailies, 3 quests dailies and done(forgot about the Chaos Event mini-dungeons, more boring repetitive shit). The ocean content is aids, the 15 minute 1.5 per day tradeskill gathering instances are retarded. The silver money sinks are pant-on-head. Money sinks for a currency that is not part of the economy (only gold is). The questing is really, really boring. NPCs talk too damn much, and you can only skip the dialogue one line at a time. And this lame shit is why the game takes so fucking long to translate. I could go on. I don't bother with PVP with 160ish ping, will probably give that a shot in the NA version if I can stomach the 1-50 experience again.

I know Season 2 helps with some of these issues. Here's hoping that they continue in that direction. The upcoming Scout and Reaper classes look really fun.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I played at RU launch for like a month with a Devil Hunter main. Then I played the KR version for a couple weeks (kept getting re-verify banned). Really liked the Lance Master and both Assassin classes, plus the catch up mechanics- Duo versions of the 4 man raids (4 man is way overtuned and a huge gold drain) and bosses dropped way more upgrade mats. Couldn't go back to RU after that, so quit for a few months. Played again recently after RU added LM and Ass, playing 6 characters, because with the daily/weekly limits playing just one sucks ass. Taking another break until RU gets Season 2. Really should be grinding gold/silver until then, but it just gets so repetitive.

Game would be much better if they focused a bit more on the MMO aspects. It's just log in, do your 3 raid dailies, 3 quests dailies and done(forgot about the Chaos Event mini-dungeons, more boring repetitive shit). The ocean content is aids, the 15 minute 1.5 per day tradeskill gathering instances are retarded. The silver money sinks are pant-on-head. Money sinks for a currency that is not part of the economy (only gold is). The questing is really, really boring. NPCs talk too damn much, and you can only skip the dialogue one line at a time. And this lame shit is why the game takes so fucking long to translate. I could go on. I don't bother with PVP with 160ish ping, will probably give that a shot in the NA version if I can stomach the 1-50 experience again.

I know Season 2 helps with some of these issues. Here's hoping that they continue in that direction. The upcoming Scout and Reaper classes look really fun.

I was really tempted to do the translation install and all that for the RU data center > But just like a beta, I knew I wouldnt want to "redo" a character if I got banned or it came to NA. It takes some real boredom for me to truly level a second character of the same class, much less the same experience all over again. But like others, I really just want to play it and see how I like it. I may not play but a month or two, but everything I read or watch about this game hits so many buttons.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I was really tempted to do the translation install and all that for the RU data center > But just like a beta, I knew I wouldnt want to "redo" a character if I got banned or it came to NA. It takes some real boredom for me to truly level a second character of the same class, much less the same experience all over again. But like others, I really just want to play it and see how I like it. I may not play but a month or two, but everything I read or watch about this game hits so many buttons.

Installing the RU client and english patch is easy. You just download the my.com game launcher, make an account on the website, install, download english patch, run it, turn on your VPN and run the client. RU won't ban you for using a VPN, or for streaming with the english patch, like KR does.

If you level a class to 10 you go to Beatrice's pad in the heavens and before you pick your subclass you can try them all out at max level with all skills, and you can summon a training dummy, or a bunch of mobs, or a boss to beat on. The combat (and graphics) are the only really great thing about this game, the rest is all pretty standard, or KR weaksauce, at least til we get Season 2 in RU, I think next month.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm afraid this game is going to miss it's chance. If it could have made it to US 2019/2020, it would have done really well. I still think its an incredible game but the window will probably shrink in terms of how much any will care if it continues to delay its release. They may not even care but I would have love to have seen it hit the US already. I hope some folks in the future borrow some of their ideas regardless.