Lost Ark Online

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Well just when I thought I was going to be chilling elsewhere they go and release the class I want. Guess they get another few months out of me.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

Lancemaster switcheroo

Done reading it, still feels like slow updates, 1 class per month means some classes are 6+ months away. Feiton powerpass for lancemaster is nice, assuming it releases at the same time. Valtan for may means no real endgame content for the next 1.5month, since South Vern has no endgame content itself I believe(the bridge shit but that's not really endgame content, challenge guardians are coming in may and no word on the abyss dungeon special shit).

Cinge Cinge Looks like you're getting Lancemaster!

1 class per month is a good enough cadence for me. I know some people will argue it's slow and I know they're not making the class from scratch but really, we've gotten spoiled if we think that the release of an additional class every month is somehow too slow, especially when they're adjusting to provide a more desired class (Lancemaster was #1 in their polls).

I am pleasantly happy with the announcement of Valtan in May alongside Challenge Guardians. I was convinced they would delay this (not because it's not ready) but just because they didn't want people to feel 'rushed' to 1415. This sets a pretty clear target for people to work at in April (oh boy, auction house prices!). I'm also happy that they're forwarding the UI improvements along. I suspect the internet will be in uproar but I think this is a solid road map. Also Lancemaster PVP will fill my time up nicely, so there's that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cinge Cinge Looks like you're getting Lancemaster!

1 class per month is a good enough cadence for me. I know some people will argue it's slow and I know they're not making the class from scratch but really, we've gotten spoiled if we think that the release of an additional class every month is somehow too slow, especially when they're adjusting to provide a more desired class (Lancemaster was #1 in their polls).

I am pleasantly happy with the announcement of Valtan in May alongside Challenge Guardians. I was convinced they would delay this (not because it's not ready) but just because they didn't want people to feel 'rushed' to 1415. This sets a pretty clear target for people to work at in April (oh boy, auction house prices!). I'm also happy that they're forwarding the UI improvements along. I suspect the internet will be in uproar but I think this is a solid road map. Also Lancemaster PVP will fill my time up nicely, so there's that.

Sweet! What I really wanted to play since start. Nice surprise, most rumors or thoughts, pushed it months away.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So we have 30 days to get to 1415. Got it. Aint no beating around the bush or being tentative or w/e. They put it out there, so people are going to expect it now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So we have 30 days to get to 1415. Got it. Aint no beating around the bush or being tentative or w/e. They put it out there, so people are going to expect it now.
They'll be feeding us events to make it happen I think, which is fine with me. I wonder if they'll add honing changes with south vern patch though to just make it easier for everyone to do Argos. Even the Feiton powerpass is a bit surprising to me, I totally expected a Rohendel MAYBE Yorn powerpass, so casuals don't feel like it's "too much", but whole Feiton actually speeds up a bunch. More importantly, it means no fucking story to do lol. Well other than Punika but that's probably ok.

Next week pushing my last 3 alts to 1340 and my main maybe to 1400 not sure how that'll work out in mats, and then we'll see what they patch on the 14th.

At the very least switching Destroyer back is great for me since my main concern was them patching only destroyer, since I have no interest in that. Literally any other class would have been fine and this one is good, Arcana or Summoner would have been great too(and I guess I'd have played Scouter to check it out).

On the class release rythm, IF they keep 1 class a month I think it's somewhat ok, although I still feel they could speed it up, what they need to not do is "take breaks" from releasing classes because then you're looking at 8+months for some shit and that's just bad.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean, its 30 days at minimum. Knowing AGS and its history with New World - that could very well mean 60 days at its earliest. Im just thinking that since they said next month, your average person is going to hear 30 days to get 1415 from this. Every 6 upgrade attempts costing 1k gold is going to cause a lot of grumbling, regardless of how many mats are floating around.

On another note though, Valtan looks like a really clean fight. Counters look like theyre used quite often so thats a bit intimidating for a learning mechanic lol. I feel like Im seeing a lot of videos with shitty Artillerist dying half way through the fight and it just baffles the fk out of me. Appropriately geared and with proper engravings, you're just a beefy MF - even with Grudge. Makes no sense.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I mean, its 30 days at minimum. Knowing AGS and its history with New World - that could very well mean 60 days at its earliest. Im just thinking that since they said next month, your average person is going to hear 30 days to get 1415 from this. Every 6 upgrade attempts costing 1k gold is going to cause a lot of grumbling, regardless of how many mats are floating around.

On another note though, Valtan looks like a really clean fight. Counters look like theyre used quite often so thats a bit intimidating for a learning mechanic lol. I feel like Im seeing a lot of videos with shitty Artillerist dying half way through the fight and it just baffles the fk out of me. Appropriately geared and with proper engravings, you're just a beefy MF - even with Grudge. Makes no sense.
Artillerists suck dick on that fight.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't decide if I want to make a "glavier." I seem to remember seeing something that said they were ass at PVE. Not sure if it actually matters though.

I also feel like they might be too similar to deathblade.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Oh good tip on reddit, make a martial artist now and you'll start getting rest even in Trixion. Not sure if that works, I know it works when you're out of Trixion since I had rested after knowledge transfer but probably does.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh good tip on reddit, make a martial artist now and you'll start getting rest even in Trixion. Not sure if that works, I know it works when you're out of Trixion since I had rested after knowledge transfer but probably does.
It does. Mine I made on day one but never logged into until like 3 weeks in had full rested.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I haven't really cared much about gold up till now, as I'm out. What's a good way to get some?

pepegacard-card.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I haven't really cared much about gold up till now, as I'm out. What's a good way to get some?
There's a few one time sources of gold you could look into hitting up. Notably Punika rapport if you're there yet and have some spare rapport gifts, Masterpieces collectibles if there's some you can get easily or if you have a bunch but haven't claimed them(you get gold chests out of them every few rewards) and if you're very desperate you can do the guardian killing quest which involves fighting every guardian and doing sidequests on their islands in the world before which takes a stupid amount of time, for a little bit of gold.

Past that weekly sources are abyss dungeons and weekly una tokens. Also adventure islands on certain days reward gold, and chaos gate you can run for maps that generate a bit of gold via stuff you sell, and you can use Rift pieces to buy more maps(T1 or T2 maps iirc are worth more than T3, check the prices on the shard bags). And then obviously selling things on the AH you don't need, like materials and shit. And well swiping that card.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
TBH, I've not sold anything on the AH since I started and I started cleaning out my inventory. Made 500g pretty quick, that should last me a little bit since I don't spend much outside of honing and research. I have quite a bit I can offload.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Anyone that's been playing forever that can comment on what happened to all the ship mechanics? I played on the Russia server when they first opened up and I definitely remember using the skills the boat has like the harpoon and fishing net. I don't see shit in the NA ocean except the energy barrels. What gives?

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, how long would it take me to get 1370 when playing about 2 hrs a day and not paying? Months?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Anyone that's been playing forever that can comment on what happened to all the ship mechanics? I played on the Russia server when they first opened up and I definitely remember using the skills the boat has like the harpoon and fishing net. I don't see shit in the NA ocean except the energy barrels. What gives?

All those ocean activities were completely removed, I think when Season 2 launched, because they were terrible.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Ok, how long would it take me to get 1370 when playing about 2 hrs a day and not paying? Months?
yeah probably about 75-90 days with just 2 hours a day.

edit - and that's being efficient with playtime, not fiddle-farting around on islands that don't help progression.