Lost Ark Online

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
yeah probably about 75-90 days with just 2 hours a day.

edit - and that's being efficient with playtime, not fiddle-farting around on islands that don't help progression.

I'm never efficient, so I'll add a month to that estimation. I think soon it'll be, make a waifu time

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone that's been playing forever that can comment on what happened to all the ship mechanics? I played on the Russia server when they first opened up and I definitely remember using the skills the boat has like the harpoon and fishing net. I don't see shit in the NA ocean except the energy barrels. What gives?

All those ocean activities were completely removed, I think when Season 2 launched, because they were terrible.
Dont a bunch of the skills still get used in the sailing co-ops in the evenings, though? The only one I havent really seen get used is the Whaling shit? Wherever that is if its still in the game.

Daidraco

yeah probably about 75-90 days with just 2 hours a day.

edit - and that's being efficient with playtime, not fiddle-farting around on islands that don't help progression.

I'm never efficient, so I'll add a month to that estimation. I think soon it'll be, make a waifu time
Thats not the case anymore with how the events are rolling out. Thats my g/f's type of playtime, probably less, and she's far ahead of where I was in item level compared to me with the same play time. She's well into tier 2 (1060ish) and only got 50 last Monday. The events are just flooding players with mats and honing materials. Then add in the fact that if a player isnt being stupid with Gold and saves it up, they'll be able to sperg out in the AH with mats being at like 1gold per 10 in tier 3. If you're actively playing every single day for 2 hours, maybe more on the weekends, you can hit tier 3 inside of a few weeks. If not everyday, then a month.

If the game would have started like this, it would have retained far more people.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Thats not the case anymore with how the events are rolling out. Thats my g/f's type of playtime, probably less, and she's far ahead of where I was in item level compared to me with the same play time. She's well into tier 2 (1060ish) and only got 50 last Monday. The events are just flooding players with mats and honing materials. Then add in the fact that if a player isnt being stupid with Gold and saves it up, they'll be able to sperg out in the AH with mats being at like 1gold per 10 in tier 3. If you're actively playing every single day for 2 hours, maybe more on the weekends, you can hit tier 3 inside of a few weeks. If not everyday, then a month.

If the game would have started like this, it would have retained far more people.

that's actually good news. I got some vacation time coming up next month. I think my plan will be get to 50 and farm what I can until vacation and then go hardcore for a week and see where I'll end up

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dont a bunch of the skills still get used in the sailing co-ops in the evenings, though? The only one I havent really seen get used is the Whaling shit? Wherever that is if its still in the game.

The co-op events for sailing still use harpoon and the net/dredge thing for some of the events

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
ignea.jpg

It's done. Around 250 gifts needed to get all these rapports up so had to wait 3 resets. Actually didn't use all I prepared, I overprepared in case of but have around 70epic gifts left and a dozen of legendary. Part of this is the fact it took longer so I used rapport actions for bonus, and because I hadn't bothered calculating the "free rapport" you get from the quests as well as those little dialogue options that unlock at at rank ups. For example Azena gets like 12k free rep once you get to Friendly and do her quests+dialogues, which is quite a significant amount.

Now that it's done I'm considering getting another one, I'm thinking likely Punika since it gives good gold, Nia is already done so it's actually less rep than East Luterra/North Vern(which has a quest that's still buggy on Ealyn, affects only some ppl but sucks), but also considering Yorn cause it's a lot less rep, although I'd need to spend 1.8k gold buying the purple collectibles and 1.2m silver on the rum and then still have to RNG the Una task food item. Might do both though cause while I want 9 for Bifrost key, 10 is Delain Armen card which would be nice to have too. Although I might just wait for South Vern, the only req on that is the rep and it's not that high, the food all look very easy, just a bunch of silvers, the issue would be collectibles.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

A lot of those noobie zones can be wiped out in a few days for anyone curious. Most of the rapport NPC's, you can get like a lvl of rapport every day or every other day from just the daily allotment and no gifts. Its why I always roll my eyes at people riding around on that white Bug with no abilities. I have it too bro, get over yourself while I run by you twice the speed on a proper mount. Feiton was my main target in the beginning and now that that continent is done, Im just kind of working my way through the rest of the game. But great job so far, Pyros Pyros . I would have done Punika first myself, but Moake is being a stingy bitch.

My main goal isnt Ignea's atm, but working on the lower end / low tier rapport NPC's to get the virtue stats in order to do the rapport quests on the high tier NPC's. I know you can gift bomb and skip the quests entirely, but the virtue stats are my personal goal. You get something like a 150 chances to buy gifts a day from wandering merchants, but God almighty does doing that suck that absolutely life out of me. Its like grinding endless Chaos.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah I have only finished 4 Igneas at the moment and closing in on a 5th. Some of the rapport is just a long needless slog of bullshit just like many of the collectibles in the game. I am just hoping to get a sizable portion knocked out so I don't have to worry about it later.

I am still curious if Amazon is going to be adding more character slots beyond the 12 as they add new classes. At some point I will be forced to buy gold crystals for character slots it seems but will hold out on that as long as possible. - Once you level up a character it seems stupid to ever delete one as it can always be a silver bitch.

I think a might want to make a scrapper and Lancer coming up but it will depend on how rapey Amazon is with character slots.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
A lot of those noobie zones can be wiped out in a few days for anyone curious. Most of the rapport NPC's, you can get like a lvl of rapport every day or every other day from just the daily allotment and no gifts. Its why I always roll my eyes at people riding around on that white Bug with no abilities. I have it too bro, get over yourself while I run by you twice the speed on a proper mount. Feiton was my main target in the beginning and now that that continent is done, Im just kind of working my way through the rest of the game. But great job so far, Pyros Pyros . I would have done Punika first myself, but Moake is being a stingy bitch.

My main goal isnt Ignea's atm, but working on the lower end / low tier rapport NPC's to get the virtue stats in order to do the rapport quests on the high tier NPC's. I know you can gift bomb and skip the quests entirely, but the virtue stats are my personal goal. You get something like a 150 chances to buy gifts a day from wandering merchants, but God almighty does doing that suck that absolutely life out of me. Its like grinding endless Chaos.
I had done most of the low req virtue already. It wasn't that many though, but I did Elia/Ryeon's Ghost/Azena to amicable super early on. It was part of my prelaunch preparation, I figured out which NPCs to do rapport actions with early on to get the easy shit early as efficiently as possible. And I've been using rapport actions every day since the start, but some NPCs it just takes super long. Sasha is like 50days or something like that for example so without gifts it's somewhat unreasonable unless you're just looking very long term.

And yeah didn't pick Punika because I still need a crab and who knows when this dickhead will drop it. Still looking for the omnium star off him too. That's why I'm not sure about rushing it for the next token, if I had the crab food it'd be a no brainer but for now it's a bit weird.

Also trying to upgrade my gear and ran out of shards again, shit sucks. I bought all the shards off the event vendors on my main too, thought "oh nice that's a good amount". Now I'm 1393 and out again lol. Also kinda out of leapstones though but I have 5 boss rush tickets to run so can probably get some, shards not so much. Guess I'll just do it slowly with event mats, I don't need to do P3 argos other than for gold anyway I think, because I can get 2 pieces off P2 next reset, although not sure if the amount of blood in the box is RNG or not. Might try to get P3 next week just to finish the set, but then again Valtan is so far it doesn't really make much of a difference.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I know it is subjective but the mount looks pretty damn good for free. Also its speed ability is nice. The Ceberus is still top dog.

Last edited:

Raes

Vyemm Raider

I was referring to the rng ocean minigames. You used to have daily "energy" for ocean stuff and would use it to dive for treasure, scoop up fish, blow up sunken wrecks etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

I know it is subjective but the mount looks pretty damn good for free. Also its speed ability is nice. The Ceberus is still top dog.
This one?

1-7-1024x620.png

Or this one?
1649184848189.jpeg

Cause the Golden Terpion has the Heavy Weight title of bad ass mount.

Daidraco

The purple in that mount is RGB. The Q ability is just speed. Its ok. The Cyrstals are pretty nice, though!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Those merchant discord bots are great. Got my last seria today only took 3 days on and off of watching for pings.

Now do I hate myself enough to farm 4 solas to finish the set or hope for some RNGesus to drop me two legendary duplicates.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Those merchant discord bots are great. Got my last seria today only took 3 days on and off of watching for pings.

Now do I hate myself enough to farm 4 solas to finish the set or hope for some RNGesus to drop me two legendary duplicates.
Is that on our discord or another one?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

This is good too I used it a bunch, depends a bit on your server but Seria and legendary gifts are almost always updated, the rest well I did it myself a bunch on my server but yours might have more ppl doing it. It's also great if you want to know where and when the merchants are spawning in advance without having to memorize the times and shit.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users