Lost Ark Online

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Biggest mistake I think Ive made so far is not running bots like others here are.

Much easier to acquire gold and items when you have multiple bots running chaos to sell mats / gems / loot . Removes the tedium of having to farm all day when you remove those barriers.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
At least you didn't buy ~20k worth at 700-900 range like me <_<.

I mostly only use them to buy lifeskill pots, 10x card packs and potion chests though and have about 9k left. Most of the honing shit isn't worth it and definitely not considering the price I paid.
T3 leapstones are good value, that's the only thing I buy. Also because I'm mostly leapstone or shard capped, and shards I get a bunch every week from events but leapstones not so much. I'm also buying some T2 shit in advance for lance, I don't plan on maining her or anything but I figure if I can boost her to T3 asap it's still gonna be worth it, probably. And yeah weekly rapport pack, and sometimes the leap essence packs, but not much more.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Biggest mistake I think Ive made so far is not running bots like others here are.

Much easier to acquire gold and items when you have multiple bots running chaos to sell mats / gems / loot . Removes the tedium of having to farm all day when you remove those barriers.
"Others here are" ? Do tell...
the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

There are defiantly a few using automated shit or just flat our pissing their cash down the toilet. Either way I don't really care how much dummies want to flush down the drain as long as it's reasonable for someone not to access content. Which honestly it's fucking borderline, when you realize how much shit Amazon left our trying to claw $20 from your fucking pocket you just want someone to take a fucking baseball bat to Jeffy Beezys ghoul fuck face. All this game would take is just a few minor tweaks to retain probably 10x as many players but they seem dead set on doing jack and shit against the bots and driving as many non-whales away as possible.

When you sit back and think what an average healthy person plays per week.. well a healthy person probably uninstalled this shit garbage.. but if you think of an average player who might play couple hours a day 3-4 times a week you know enough hours of equal a part time fucking job.. well guess what you are probably still in T2 getting shit slammed by the Amazon horse cock they are force feeding up your shit pipe.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
T3 leapstones are good value, that's the only thing I buy. Also because I'm mostly leapstone or shard capped, and shards I get a bunch every week from events but leapstones not so much. I'm also buying some T2 shit in advance for lance, I don't plan on maining her or anything but I figure if I can boost her to T3 asap it's still gonna be worth it, probably. And yeah weekly rapport pack, and sometimes the leap essence packs, but not much more.

Not putting any chars further than 1340 meant I haven't had the need for greaters or shards since I was waiting for LM to get released and at this point I have probably 300-400 bound on at least 3 of my chars and 100k+ shards on each. I did the T2 stock up for LM as well and hopefully will be enough with whatever event freebies, pvp, bloodshards, pirates etc to supplement it. Think I'm going to get Scrapper to 1385 first for honing buff since she's loaded with bound mats and then juice up the LM when I swap to main and then get the remaining alts to 1340 for that 900g orehas gold and begin the grind for Valtan ;[

Do you mean alts? Who runs bots here lmao. Multi account andy voldeth is the closest thing to "grey area" as far as I'm aware.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
There are defiantly a few using automated shit or just flat our pissing their cash down the toilet. Either way I don't really care how much dummies want to flush down the drain as long as it's reasonable for someone not to access content. Which honestly it's fucking borderline, when you realize how much shit Amazon left our trying to claw $20 from your fucking pocket you just want someone to take a fucking baseball bat to Jeffy Beezys ghoul fuck face. All this game would take is just a few minor tweaks to retain probably 10x as many players but they seem dead set on doing jack and shit against the bots and driving as many non-whales away as possible.

When you sit back and think what an average healthy person plays per week.. well a healthy person probably uninstalled this shit garbage.. but if you think of an average player who might play couple hours a day 3-4 times a week you know enough hours of equal a part time fucking job.. well guess what you are probably still in T2 getting shit slammed by the Amazon horse cock they are force feeding up your shit pipe.

I do find that the game suffers from a fair amount of actual content. The 'daily cycle' gets completed pretty fast (even a casual player can keep up). The stuff that people are grinding away on is so minor that it doesn't really impact much (but some of it is a fuck ton more enjoyable to do).

I think those pissing away cash are idiots. The cool stuff that's coming is all equalized; just seems silly but hey, if they pay for more classes to get released, fair trade I guess?
I logged in late, but luckily as Pal it’s easy to pug.

haha, I saw you log in a bit late -- really hoping that we get you for future runs though. You definitely picked the class that everyone wants to befriend.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It's amazing to me that 24/7 there are ads up for gold selling sites for Abyss dungeons with zero ways to even send a report about it. Probably workers at Amazon selling the gold themselves as a side hustle for how little they actually fucking care. Again it's like they want to follow Blizzards playbook of failures.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's amazing to me that 24/7 there are ads up for gold selling sites for Abyss dungeons with zero ways to even send a report about it. Probably workers at Amazon selling the gold themselves as a side hustle for how little they actually fucking care. Again it's like they want to follow Blizzards playbook of failures.
Na I was curious the other day so went to check what's the rate nowadays, and it was fucking 1euro for 400g, the same as the currency exchange. They tell you it's 1$=1k in ingame ads sometimes but I checked a few google results and one of the luterra spammer sites and they were all the same price. They're definitely fucking with the bots. It's just they're slow as shit to react to anything, like how it took them 3weeks or whatever to fix rapport farming. To fix the ads in the party finder they basically need Smilegate to make them a patch to fix it probably. They could have an employee sit there and flag that shit manually but I think like every GM thing they have minimum wage employees and outsourced companies to do customer service, and they don't want to give them any ingame power to avoid any PR nightmare when one of them abuse it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
View attachment 406598

It's done. Around 250 gifts needed to get all these rapports up so had to wait 3 resets. Actually didn't use all I prepared, I overprepared in case of but have around 70epic gifts left and a dozen of legendary. Part of this is the fact it took longer so I used rapport actions for bonus, and because I hadn't bothered calculating the "free rapport" you get from the quests as well as those little dialogue options that unlock at at rank ups. For example Azena gets like 12k free rep once you get to Friendly and do her quests+dialogues, which is quite a significant amount.

Now that it's done I'm considering getting another one, I'm thinking likely Punika since it gives good gold, Nia is already done so it's actually less rep than East Luterra/North Vern(which has a quest that's still buggy on Ealyn, affects only some ppl but sucks), but also considering Yorn cause it's a lot less rep, although I'd need to spend 1.8k gold buying the purple collectibles and 1.2m silver on the rum and then still have to RNG the Una task food item. Might do both though cause while I want 9 for Bifrost key, 10 is Delain Armen card which would be nice to have too. Although I might just wait for South Vern, the only req on that is the rep and it's not that high, the food all look very easy, just a bunch of silvers, the issue would be collectibles.
Gotta say, I'm super impressed by this as I've started to grind out 100%'s. I've got the first 3 done and Tortoyk, Anikka and Shushire seem like decently easy ones. Arthetine looks a bit tougher. And the 8th I'm just going to hate.

Either way though, you must've been farming legendary rapport vendors for a while. Figure even the crappiest NPC would take 3 legendaries (well, not quite) to max out. And then you get the main ones with 70k required and holy shit.

Sadly, I feel like I've "wasted" a lot of rapport. Like Nineveh I don't actually need anymore cause I've got the hearts I need. I'll still come back, but it's weeks and weeks of wasted daily rapport. Worse though is that I spent a lot of time getting the required virtues specifically for her, and then...don't need her anymore. Bummer.

I've been trying to bring my bard up to replace as my main and I'm enjoying it a lot more lately. Igrexion was fun because I ran it as DPS so much that I kind of knew what I wanted the support to do (comparing support runs vs all DPS). Hitting the shit zone now though, at about 1359. Even with the increase it's still a lot of fails.

Also knocking out mokokos as I do all this. At about 1040. Whole right side of the map is done. At I think 51 islands now too.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Gotta say, I'm super impressed by this as I've started to grind out 100%'s. I've got the first 3 done and Tortoyk, Anikka and Shushire seem like decently easy ones. Arthetine looks a bit tougher. And the 8th I'm just going to hate.

Either way though, you must've been farming legendary rapport vendors for a while. Figure even the crappiest NPC would take 3 legendaries (well, not quite) to max out. And then you get the main ones with 70k required and holy shit.

Sadly, I feel like I've "wasted" a lot of rapport. Like Nineveh I don't actually need anymore cause I've got the hearts I need. I'll still come back, but it's weeks and weeks of wasted daily rapport. Worse though is that I spent a lot of time getting the required virtues specifically for her, and then...don't need her anymore. Bummer.

I've been trying to bring my bard up to replace as my main and I'm enjoying it a lot more lately. Igrexion was fun because I ran it as DPS so much that I kind of knew what I wanted the support to do (comparing support runs vs all DPS). Hitting the shit zone now though, at about 1359. Even with the increase it's still a lot of fails.

Also knocking out mokokos as I do all this. At about 1040. Whole right side of the map is done. At I think 51 islands now too.

Yeah, sad part is damn near every guide once Lost Ark was released was like "Yo pump angel mommy milkers with rapport First thing." So here you are on dipshit islands with your dick in your hand pissing away rapport that could have been better used is so many other places. Ultimately the issue was veteran players giving shit advice and all the YouTube dingleberries remaking same content pumping it out for views who knew jack and shit.

When you try and slam through the 3 years of content in a couple of months though it was bound to have issues like this. I am on Ignea number 7 at the moment and slowly moving through them it really isn't the worst thing in the world if you try and slap those wandering merchants when you can.

I am glad you are enjoying Bard, I think supports are a lot more important than people like to admit, just because 99% of the current content can just be plowed through with DPS doesn't mean you won't want/need these on more lengthy content. I went ahead and pushed my Paladin up to 1340 as an alt because honestly the more supports in the guild the better when we finally reach a point we want to do multiple runs for alts, and the guys with a roster of 6-12 DPS are more a hindrance than a help at that point.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah that's why I spent a bunch of time before the release doing as much research as I could and filtering out the shitty guides. There were plenty of guides telling you shit like "you should farm Thirain to trusted first to get +10 kindness" and it's like, that's 80k rapport you're wasting" on a really hard to cap zone for 10 stats, even though you get plenty of virtue stats if you do all the rest that's much easier. I figured if I need kindness, I'll just bomb the NPC rather than do Thirain. And I check every NPCs like that. I also figured I'd focus on giant hearts first and foremost, and for these I didn't need many virtue points.

For Giant Hearts right away my plan was to do as few rapports as I could, which is why I got started on Tooki asap(although I missed the spawns the first few days before I knew how it worked, so I was like 2 or 3 days late). I picked Calvassus and Beatrice as the 2 rapports needed for 12 hearts, because they were BY FAR way lower than the others. Sasha wouldn't have been a bad pick though with Ignea Tokens in mind, but Nineveh was an obvious trap between the high virtue reqs, high rapport and being on a fucking island so all you get is an island token with it.

Gravel Gravel as I mentionned in the posts I actually didn't get too many legendary gifts from vendors, they're really not common, I only farmed merchants for like 2, or 3 days I forgot exactly, but I only got like 4 or 5 legendaries from that. I had a bunch from island quests(a few give boxes), events(login events the first month, welcome challenge, shit like that) and starting week 3 of the game I bought out every weekly rapport packs in the shop(they sell 1 legendary box + 3epic boxes for 120crystals, x5 times a week, all selective). That's where all the legendaries came from, not really the merchants. The merchants did have a lot of epic gifts though, and while these look meh, they add up really quickly. A lot of gifts are 330points, and if you get the "right" ones it's 450(selective boxes always give you these, and merchants give you some for specific NPCs, for example Yuul in Anikka or Morina in Yudia). You can usually buy 4-5gifts every 30mins or so, sometimes less sometimes more, but yeah camp that for a few hours every day and you come out with a lot of "free" rapport.

A large part of that initial push though is the one time relics you get for 80% tomes, as well as the couple from events. That's 100k rapport right there when I had all of them, which obviously is a substantial amount when I needed like 380k or so. Bit more if everything at 0 but once I started farming these I spent a week running rapport actions only in these zones, on high value targets, so that was like 4.1k rapport every day going towards that amount. But ultimately it was quite a lot of effort spread out over a decent duration, just the last push was very quick when I found out how easy it was to farm merchants. My original plans when I did the math that I mentionned here was to get it done over the next ~2-3weeks with the daily rapport actions and buying the shop boxes and stuff, but that basically got compressed down to like 3days when I started doing merchants(but still took 5days or something due to daily gift cap which I forgot about).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Somehow missed that part about the shop boxes.

I kind of missed that boat by not making a shit ton of gold and BC in the first couple weeks. I think I'm at under 3k BC without any future months of aura purchased (one month remaining), and about 55k gold.

Oh well, I'll get there eventually. If I knock these out too quick, I really won't have shit to do. Today I was already kind of annoyed at running chaos dungeons. And I already hate guardians. So all that leaves is the weekly content and Procyon.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, sad part is damn near every guide once Lost Ark was released was like "Yo pump angel mommy milkers with rapport First thing." So here you are on dipshit islands with your dick in your hand pissing away rapport that could have been better used is so many other places. Ultimately the issue was veteran players giving shit advice and all the YouTube dingleberries remaking same content pumping it out for views who knew jack and shit.

When you try and slam through the 3 years of content in a couple of months though it was bound to have issues like this. I am on Ignea number 7 at the moment and slowly moving through them it really isn't the worst thing in the world if you try and slap those wandering merchants when you can.

I am glad you are enjoying Bard, I think supports are a lot more important than people like to admit, just because 99% of the current content can just be plowed through with DPS doesn't mean you won't want/need these on more lengthy content. I went ahead and pushed my Paladin up to 1340 as an alt because honestly the more supports in the guild the better when we finally reach a point we want to do multiple runs for alts, and the guys with a roster of 6-12 DPS are more a hindrance than a help at that point.
I have one t3 paladin now and a second that will be t3 next week. The one t3 paladin should be 1340 with the rest of my alts this week. But, it'll be weeks before it's ready to push to 1370. My second wardancer will be 1370 well before then which is okay since I don't see too many(any?) wardancer alts in the guild.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Somehow missed that part about the shop boxes.

I kind of missed that boat by not making a shit ton of gold and BC in the first couple weeks. I think I'm at under 3k BC without any future months of aura purchased (one month remaining), and about 55k gold.

Oh well, I'll get there eventually. If I knock these out too quick, I really won't have shit to do. Today I was already kind of annoyed at running chaos dungeons. And I already hate guardians. So all that leaves is the weekly content and Procyon.
Honestly that sounds like a healthy amount of ressources. A lot of ppl who missed the boat are struggling with less than 5k gold, 55k offers you a nice cushion. For the weekly boxes I missed like 3 resets of them since I didn't think they were worth it early on, and even now I'd argue it's only worth if you can spend the gold(if you're T3 with several alts), but 600blue crystals a week on them isn't that bad for me, I usually make 10-15k gold a week or so, not entirely sure because I basically spend a bunch of the excess every few days on blue crystals or honing to stay roughly at the same amount. 600 blue crystals at current EU prices is around 2400g which is fine. Could do without them though, the fact the legendary boxes are selective is a big selling point of these boxes, but since I have very high virtue, selective legendaries are about exactly the same as random ones for me, since I'm not bombing any NPC anyway. It's still better value than the mari shop ones(1leg is 83, 3selective epics is 56 so 139 vs 120) so I still buy these, but I don't touch the mari ones.

Guardians I just do every few days which helps. Chaos I don't mind running on all my chars, changes the gameplay a bit and stuff, but yeah I don't have much to do already, honestly after lance master launches unless the events are super good I'll probably take a break for a few weeks. I'll have to get my ass from 1400 to 1415 for Valtan somehow so I don't think I'll stay away the whole time until May's patch, but we'll see.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am a little bit away from where I want to be on my main. I hit 1385 and even have the weapon at 1390 along with 1 piece of armor. I want 1400 and then I put this main in farm mode. At that point I will bring up some more alts to T3(Have 1 ALT so far at T3). Yes, I am doing this kind of backwards and newbie like but I also just play to play. I also started concentrating on reps and boosting up the zones. I will say that this game does not lack for things to do. Its just whether or not I WANT to do them. I play the game for the combat and the grouping and find the rest of it...passable at best. I am actually a bit low on silver. Apparently a lot is used in the later portions of the game. Slow and steady then, rather than throwing everything at it.

Some days I get pissed at the game but I find it is still fun.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I have one t3 paladin now and a second that will be t3 next week. The one t3 paladin should be 1340 with the rest of my alts this week. But, it'll be weeks before it's ready to push to 1370. My second wardancer will be 1370 well before then which is okay since I don't see too many(any?) wardancer alts in the guild.

Yeah I am not planning on pushing any alts to 1370 just yet either.. My plan at the moment is simply get my main to 1400 then get my 5 alts to 1340 for now and chill there and bank materials for a bit. Use the next month or whatever to gather silver, gold, mats... While finishing as much of the garbage horizontal shit as possible. (Tripods, accessories, gems as well I guess)

Thing is I still want to try out a few other classes and there are a number of them I would like to run through to decide which will be my main 6 I guess.

-Destroyer
-Lance Master
-Scouter
-Summoner
-Arcana
-Artist
-Aeromancer
-Scrapper
-Female Cuntzerker

are all classes I would like to play for sure and intent to make at some point in time

- Bard
- Shadowhunter
- Artillerist

are the classes I wouldn't mind having to give a go at

-Striker
-Deathblade
-Deadeye
-Wardancer

are the ones I just don't think I give a bag of pickled pig dicks about. Which is odd since at first I thought I might go fag bowman, but once I realized he was just a 1/2 melee eagle tard I said fuck it.

Thing that still frustrates me if that it seems the Korean accounts can make up to 24 characters.. or sometimes even more but we seem to be stuck on a hard 12 with no information if/when/how they are going to extend it. Which is honestly fucking stupid. If I drop any money on this game it will be a one time $99 for max royal crystals to since that would be the best bang for my buck on character slots, but if they keep the 12 dildo limit then there is zero point in buying that big of a pack.

I am kind of waiting to see what happens when the Glaiver is released since I know there are people already with maxxed out slots who are going to raise hell at these worthless shit biscuits and I am sure their forum will be aids with people screaming at how worthless of faggots Amazon is. Which should cause them to comment on the issue.

Thing is the whole system is a retarded limitation, if I can just as Voldeth Voldeth did and make a 2nd account for free, make new characters for nothing with free powerpasses and get double the log in rewards, double the Una's gold, and twice as many gold lockouts.. Koreans really are a dumb breed and seem to tolerate these companies straight up bricking in their mouth. Although us retarded Western round eyes seem to be just as dumb it seems.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
is 15k gold enough to get from 1350 to some useful ilevel? I feel its time to stop selling shit. (No alts in t3 if that changes something)

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
is 15k gold enough to get from 1350 to some useful ilevel? I feel its time to stop selling shit. (No alts in t3 if that changes something)

Honestly I feel like anything that isn't pushing you to T3 isn't worth selling at all. You'll make far more gold from having more characters who can farm legendary T3 accessories than any amount of mats with how far they have fallen.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider

I know I keep harping on this but no one should be stopping before 1370 to sell mats. in your case, you should absolutely push to that level.

Greater leapstones will instantly become the material that you're most lacking at around 1400 (and especially for the final 1410 - 1415 push). Even if they increased the honing success chance. Get your main to 1370 and get an alt to 1370 using the added weekly materials as well as do your Guardians for greater leapstones. I know, they suck to do and everyone would rather skip them but those leapstones are liquid gold and I guarantee you the market price for greater's will be absurd prior to Valtan, so position yourself to succeed there.

In so far as to whether or not 15k gold is 'enough'. It's more than enough for your push to 1370 but it's nowhere near enough for the relic accessories, legendary books, etc that you'll need to buy come Valtan, much less for the terrible push that will be 1445 for hard mode.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I know I keep harping on this but no one should be stopping before 1370 to sell mats. in your case, you should absolutely push to that level.

Greater leapstones will instantly become the material that you're most lacking at around 1400 (and especially for the final 1410 - 1415 push). Even if they increased the honing success chance. Get your main to 1370 and get an alt to 1370 using the added weekly materials as well as do your Guardians for greater leapstones. I know, they suck to do and everyone would rather skip them but those leapstones are liquid gold and I guarantee you the market price for greater's will be absurd prior to Valtan, so position yourself to succeed there.

In so far as to whether or not 15k gold is 'enough'. It's more than enough for your push to 1370 but it's nowhere near enough for the relic accessories, legendary books, etc that you'll need to buy come Valtan, much less for the terrible push that will be 1445 for hard mode.

Total speculation I know, but would you suggest saving and stocking up on tradable leapstones? Do you think they will see a big spike in price when new content hits?

Also is it worth using extra Una daily coupons on the main to stock up on Leaps?