Lost Ark Online

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Can’t even remap the keys cause it’s been disabled.

Last edited:

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
They also seem to have fewer classes than the other language versions? I noticed only two mage advanced classes.

They 'westernized' the class releases to try to appeal to our demographic (it's completely out of order). The advantage is we got more male selection (and the assassin classes, which is always a plus) alongside the two supports (instead of just having bards).

I had forgotten just how shitty the default keybinds are. I legitimately remapped almost everything. There is a significant depth of complexity to abilities but unfortunately that doesn't develop very much until you hit some of the later content.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is this a timed alpha / beta, or an ongoing one like Everspace and Last epoch?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
This test is only til the 16th.

One of the reasons the combat feels clunky at the start is the skills you start with don't really flow together well, plus they are really weak til you start getting skill points to rank them up a bit. Never had a problem with the default keybinds, way better than having dozens like most mmos.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This is pretty dam enjoyable - i wondered why Diablo never made it more mmo like - i figure it be pretty much like this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Hmm might have to play, was planning on playing Last Epoch by now live but since thats like forever delayed and this snuck up in NA might as well.

To help fill my epeen complex, what class has best glass cannon damage.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Also reading some feedback from RU/Korea, sounds like you have to pay alot of cash to go around time gates for farming etc? Is that true? Plus sounds like hardest raids and good amount of PVP everything is normalized?

Think i'm going to refund, zero interst in this. Play Epic 7 with the wife and love it but one game with some cash required is enough. Want a damn game where gear matters and where not everything is freaking gated.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I just can't get used to the right/left mouse buttons being swapped and not attacking when I click. The qwer and asdf is a pain also.

Malkav

French Madman
I just can't get used to the right/left mouse buttons being swapped and not attacking when I click. The qwer and asdf is a pain also.
You can change it in the settings.

God damn it people, isn't it the first thing you're supposed to do when you launch a new game? Look at keybinds and settings?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can swap the mouse buttons back to the normal positions, it's in the settings..somewhere.

• 1Solidarity

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I just can't get used to the right/left mouse buttons being swapped and not attacking when I click. The qwer and asdf is a pain
You have to access the settings while in the game world otherwise you won’t have access to all of them from the game menu.

Something that also might help is go to Settings -> Gameplay -> Display and change auto move to “toward the cursor” and make sure “cursor aim” is checked.

• 1Solidarity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also reading some feedback from RU/Korea, sounds like you have to pay alot of cash to go around time gates for farming etc? Is that true? Plus sounds like hardest raids and good amount of PVP everything is normalized?

Think i'm going to refund, zero interst in this. Play Epic 7 with the wife and love it but one game with some cash required is enough. Want a damn game where gear matters and where not everything is freaking gated.
Yes, there daily limits to the endgame content, with cash shop tickets to extend how many times you can run. It sucks, but then again you would be paying to run out of stuff to do faster.

Not sure how the NA shop will handle that given we are not huge fans of such systems. Since the game is free, you can always wait and see. There is nothing important in the founder packs other than the beta access and head start.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Yes, there daily limits to the endgame content, with cash shop tickets to extend how many times you can run. It sucks, but then again you would be paying to run out of stuff to do faster.

Not sure how the NA shop will handle that given we are not huge fans of such systems. Since the game is free, you can always wait and see. There is nothing important in the founder packs other than the beta access and head start.
....and the pet since we don't know yet if they'll include it in the cash shop and I would say that a pet is mandatory, especially this one since it loots for you.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I really, really want this to be good. PoE needs a competitor, and Lost Ark has the gameplay chops to potentially be one, but fuck me if it's not gonna end the same way Black Desert did with an asinine cash shop that isn't "required" to play the end game but in reality totally is.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I really, really want this to be good. PoE needs a competitor, and Lost Ark has the gameplay chops to potentially be one, but fuck me if it's not gonna end the same way Black Desert did with an asinine cash shop that isn't "required" to play the end game but in reality totally is.

When did BD end? Still love that game. I will play BD and LA over WoW any day.

I personally hope Amazon Games won’t fuck yo something else but with their current record them not doing something about P2W wouldn’t surprise me.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Just to be clear, it's pay-to-progress, not p2w. 99% of pvp happens in the arena, where everything is normalized and gear doesn't matter. As for pve progression, you need gold and mats to upgrade your gear. Your have weekly limits to how much gold/mats you can earn, but you can use gold to buy mats off the AH. Whales have no limit to progression, since they can both buy mats straight from the cash shop, and buy the cash shop crystals that they can sell to players for gold, and certain other items that they can sell on the AH. Gold is the only thing that limits your gear progression and if you want to swipe away you can cap your gearscore in like a day.

Seriously doubt Amazon's cash shop will be all that different from RU. The ENTIRE endgame is specifically designed around the gold cockblock.

I've played RU off and on since launch and I have 4 alt accounts just to earn gold from the weekly gold bags and using labor points to farm ore to sell. This allows me to make ~4x more than your average free player (not 5x cuz I don't do the dungeons that give gold, too much of a pain to pug.) And it's never enough. Plus, there's the skill books. The ones you want are rare and cost a shitload. Occasionally there are events where you can get a few stacks of your choice for free, and that drives the price down on those. But the main ones that everyone uses are gonna take you a lot of time and gold to acquire.

I love the combat, game has excellent graphics/sound/music. The rest of it is a steaming pile of shit with a credit card slot.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
When did BD end? Still love that game. I will play BD and LA over WoW any day.

I personally hope Amazon Games won’t fuck yo something else but with their current record them not doing something about P2W wouldn’t surprise me.

BDO is more popular and less P2W than ever, unlike most other KR games.