Lost Ark Online

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just what a weeb would say.

anakin skywalker hate GIF

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
T3 announcement is getting mixed reception, largely because it makes it rough to make alts from the get go. You'll want to grind all the way to T3 asap on your first char to get access to weeklies and shit in there cause they give a lot more rewards than weeklies in previous tiers. That means quite a lot of time investment before you can really look into leveling an alt, and then the alt will have a similar time investment to get all the way to T3.

It does depend on what they do include though, and what sort of catch up mechanic, if any, there is for our version. There's no way to know seeing as we're getting a completely unique build basically.

Naming convention is also complete ass, fucking old korean games suck at names. No space, no caps, so single word, no deletion, good luck getting a nice name. Guilds are also single word, or look dumb as shit(Firesofheaven).

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
The mixed reception is well earned. I think most people anticipated that we'd be getting T2 only, which made the general strategy for making some alts and focusing on a myriad of other little things before T3 (when it becomes significantly more difficult to transition to a new main) as what most people were going to do. With the release of T3 the optimal route becomes a lot more grind intensive, as well as focusing on a single main a lot earlier than I would have liked (not having access to Scouter or Lancemaster in T3 will feel strange). The trade off is that there's going to be a lot more things to do and the more challenging / interesting content is going to come a lot faster than most people would have anticipated. Incredibly excited for launch regardless but definitely need to map my plan out differently now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
T3 announcement is getting mixed reception, largely because it makes it rough to make alts from the get go. You'll want to grind all the way to T3 asap on your first char to get access to weeklies and shit in there cause they give a lot more rewards than weeklies in previous tiers. That means quite a lot of time investment before you can really look into leveling an alt, and then the alt will have a similar time investment to get all the way to T3.

It does depend on what they do include though, and what sort of catch up mechanic, if any, there is for our version. There's no way to know seeing as we're getting a completely unique build basically.

Naming convention is also complete ass, fucking old korean games suck at names. No space, no caps, so single word, no deletion, good luck getting a nice name. Guilds are also single word, or look dumb as shit(Firesofheaven).
I wonder if we will have the same catch up mechanic as RU did?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I wonder if we will have the same catch up mechanic as RU did?
It's really unclear what they're doing for our version seeing as how it's a unique launch. They will add catch up mechanics later for sure but as for the release stuff it's hard to tell. Seeing as how they want to add raids(the big ones, since they call a bunch of shit raids in this game) asap, I assume they'll have some sort of decent way to get gear and materials that's similar to more advanced versions, but yeah it's very vague from the announcement.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess, unless they feel like actually explaining shit, but since it's only like 2weeks before early access I figured if they wanted to release details they would have done so already during that post. Maybe they'll make a follow up post to expain stuff with the reactions they're getting from some people, but it'd be probably easier to understand if they released the info to begin with. People are just left guessing what's going to happen at that point which is a bit weird for a 5+ years old game.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I was going to post this. Great news that some T3 content will be available at launch and combat level will be 60.

60 level cap doesn't mean too much, since you can't grind xp, you're only getting it from things that are daily/weekly limited, so it takes a while. Clearing the MSQ and finishing Punika will get you to like 52. Levels 50-55 are like 42ish million xp, and then it almost doubles past 55 to 70ish million each. On the plus side, if you do pass 55 at least your xp won't be wasted. When RU got Rohendel and Yorn, the level cap was still 50, which sucked.

Releasing early T3 content at launch without a catchup mechanic just sounds like pure greed to me, trying to milk those whales early. Which makes no sense, since milking them at each tier would have meant more profit long term.

On the plus side, the amount of epona badges you can earn per week for your gold bags is based on the highest GS you have reached, so as soon as you hit t3 you can start earning a decent amount (2kish), and saving it up if you're waiting for some other class to be your true main. Especially helpful if you run alt accounts.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
60 level cap doesn't mean too much, since you can't grind xp, you're only getting it from things that are daily/weekly limited, so it takes a while. Clearing the MSQ and finishing Punika will get you to like 52. Levels 50-55 are like 42ish million xp, and then it almost doubles past 55 to 70ish million each. On the plus side, if you do pass 55 at least your xp won't be wasted. When RU got Rohendel and Yorn, the level cap was still 50, which sucked.

Releasing early T3 content at launch without a catchup mechanic just sounds like pure greed to me, trying to milk those whales early. Which makes no sense, since milking them at each tier would have meant more profit long term.

On the plus side, the amount of epona badges you can earn per week for your gold bags is based on the highest GS you have reached, so as soon as you hit t3 you can start earning a decent amount (2kish), and saving it up if you're waiting for some other class to be your true main. Especially helpful if you run alt accounts.
If there is ANYTHING AGS learned from New World, it’s to get the cash shop right and be greedy to the point players will allow it right from the start.

• 1Worf

Mick

<Gold Donor>

SERVER LIST​

This is the list of servers that will be open for players to select, beginning from the Head Start on February 8th. Additional worlds may be opened based on population levels.

EU Central​

• Neria
  • Kadan
  • Trixion
  • Calvasus
  • Thirain
  • Zinnervale
  • Asta
  • Wei
  • Slen

US East​

• Azena
  • Una
  • Regulus
  • Avesta
  • Galatur
  • Karta
  • Ladon

US West​

• Mari
  • Valtan
  • Enviska

SA​

• Kazeros
  • Agaton

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So the general consensus is that people were mad and upset because they thought the game would launch with a lack of content.

Now they have stated they will be releasing up ti t3 content, and peeps made and upset there there is TOO much content to lvl alts.

Proving again, no one is ever happy with shit. People are going to bitch either way.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So the general consensus is that people were mad and upset because they thought the game would launch with a lack of content.

Now they have stated they will be releasing up ti t3 content, and peeps made and upset there there is TOO much content to lvl alts.

Proving again, no one is ever happy with shit. People are going to bitch either way.
It’s impossible to please everyone. In anything in life.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

SERVER LIST​

This is the list of servers that will be open for players to select, beginning from the Head Start on February 8th. Additional worlds may be opened based on population levels.

EU Central​

• Neria
  • Kadan
  • Trixion
  • Calvasus
  • Thirain
  • Zinnervale
  • Asta
  • Wei
  • Slen

US East​

• Azena
  • Una
  • Regulus
  • Avesta
  • Galatur
  • Karta
  • Ladon

US West​

• Mari
  • Valtan
  • Enviska

SA​

• Kazeros
  • Agaton
Awesome, which US East server are we (t)rollin on boyo's

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

It really isn't that. The point is people thought they'd have time to prepare stuff before they have to "rush" to endgame. Not necessarily a long time, but for example in XIV when the expansion launched, it didn't have the raids at launch. It did have some "endgame" fights but they purposefully delayed the raid for a month, they always do that when an expansion launches. It lets people just enjoy the story and level their classes and figure the expansion changes at their own casual pace, without feeling the need to rush to cap to get those weeklies running asap. A month is a perfectly fine amount of time to delay this type of content imo, and I say that as someone who played the game 12hours a day for that whole month. It gave me time to level all 19 classes to cap.

So they could have launched with just T1, but there would have been a lot of "content" to do. A lot of things you're gonna have to do anyway, collecting all the island shit and leaves and rocks and other stupid shit, that give account wide skill points and engraving books and whatever else. Yes in terms of actual endgame content, it would have been barren. But assuming it was only for 1month? Plenty enough. If you poopsocked the entire month and didn't play alts, you'd run out of things to do, but even if you played 4hours a day and wanted to check out 3-4 classes, you'd likely still not be bored with just that. Then after a month, T2, same thing. Now there's less content since you probably cleared some of the account wide shit already, and already leveled some alts, so that one's more boring and maybe you take a 2weeks break. But then after a month, T3, and now you can start the endgame grinds and stuff. You have all your classes leveled, you know what you want to main, you've done the tedious collection shit and you have a good grasp on the game progression systems and mechanics(probably). Maybe you got bored for a few weeks, but that's still acceptable for a mmo launch? If you knew content was coming a month later, it would be acceptable to wait I think.

Instead you get T3 right away, which to be efficient, you want to get to asap. That means ignoring as much of the T1 and T2 content as you can afford to rush your way to T3. You do have to do some of the content to get upgrades and stuff, but your main initial goal is to get to T3, so you can start the weeklies at T3, because they rewards 3-10x more gold(depends on the activities). Once you're there you'll have somewhat more content, but not that much more? The T3 content won't include a lot more than the T1 content, you just will be able to do T1 and T2 content too, but you might not actually want to bother. People say "oh but you can farm rare cards", but if you're on a fresh account, there's much better ways to increase your character's power than running T1/T2 content for low drop rate items. So really you'll mostly only be doing the limited T3 content(which doesn't include any of the legion raids). You'll still need to do the account progress stuff for skill points/engravings and such. And if you want to make alts, well maybe you can take more time on these and slow roll them through content, but they'll still have a lot of content to run through, all the questing and shit. There's no skip for alts, they all have to go through the questlines(until they do release the skips).

So you have "more stuff" to do, but not really that much more, and you don't have as much choice in how you do it, assuming you want to be efficient about it. Obviously if you're just gonna casual your way through everything, then it's technically more content, but using the 1month release schedule, you wouldn't see any difference since you'd barely be done by the time new content releases.

Ultimately, it is what it is, it's not a huge deal or anything, but it could likely have been done better, imo. 1 month staggered releases, with proper announcements that such content is coming(so you know you don't have to wait 3months for T2 even though it barely contain shit and is more of the same), with classes mixed in these too so people who want to main classes not available don't have to play some random shit to stockpile gold for who knows how long. I think that'd have been better.

That and caps in the names, fuckers removed that from the KR/RU version for no fucking reason, the naming conventions are already ass enough but I can't even use 2 words for my name. I'll probably just try to grab my name on whatever server with a generic rolled char and then redo the char later, but it won't help for my alt names.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Never tried this game before, but I'm itching to play an MMO. How steep is the learning curve? And what server is everyone thinking (I'm East Coast).