Lost Ark Online

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Who the hell thought it was a good idea to limit whispers to every 15 seconds until you are level 17?

Nevermind - they must have known I was coming sooner or later.
Thank the gold spammers for that shit. They ruin everything.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So I'm level 25 but I've not claimed shit as it all seems to be one-per-accounr and I have FOMO if this isn't gonna be my main dude.

Should I just go with it? Theres just so many doodads and collectibles and such.

willzilla

<Bronze Donator>
Who the hell thought it was a good idea to limit whispers to every 15 seconds until you are level 17?

Nevermind - they must have known I was coming sooner or later.
It's smart.. prob helps cut down on bot spam for bot accounts just flooding the servers when it's free to play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
So I'm level 25 but I've not claimed shit as it all seems to be one-per-accounr and I have FOMO if this isn't gonna be my main dude.

Should I just go with it? Theres just so many doodads and collectibles and such.
Unless I drastically misread the tooltip, stuff like the Founder costumes can be transferred to other characters a limited number of times (3 if I recall correctly).

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is going on over in Korea where you mine Copper Ore nodes to get Iron Ore???

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is going on over in Korea where you mine Copper Ore nodes to get Iron Ore???
Animated GIF

Especially when I can attack from behind, but when I watch others play, it looks like everyone else is, too. I don't know if it's a perception thing (maybe a level thing since I'm only 32) or it might be that the difference in damage output between classes only shows up on Bosses with millions of HP.
Woah, it sounds like you're talking about a game that's balanced! Crazy!

Outside of the "true support" classes like Bard and Paladin, classes do VERY similar levels of DPS. Just about any class is capable of MVPing. In a game like WoW, FFXIV, etc., dps usually looks like this..

|--TOP DPS CLASS---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BOTTOM DPS CLASS--|

In Lost Ark, it's more like this..

|--TOP DPS CLASS-----------BOTTOM DPS CLASS--|

A really well played X is going to shit all over a moderately played Y, no matter the difference in their "MAX THEORETICAL DPS!!!" - which is judging based on a stationary target with ZERO mechanics involved. Bosses are so varied and different in this game that MAX DPS JUICER!!! just varies pretty wildly from fight to fight.

Last edited:

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Everyone's abilities all have similar multipliers and cooldowns across classes, so it comes down more to managing your cooldowns and avoiding boss abilities so you don't get knocked down, staggered, thrown away, or otherwise reducing your DPS uptime.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I feel like I just got done helping Geralt and Boromir travel to Rivia to throw the one ring into Mt Doom.
1644519969936.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
|--TOP DPS CLASS---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BOTTOM DPS CLASS--|

In Lost Ark, it's more like this..

|--TOP DPS CLASS-----------BOTTOM DPS CLASS--|
The problem is, all that matters to people are ordinal differences, not the actual spread. In THE GAME THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED, the logging community also attributes buffed dps you give to other classes to the buffer. So you look at the rDPS of the class, not the personal DPS. Even then, if the classes are 1% apart, people will zoom in on your second graph until it looks like the first and then complain on the forums.

Ultimate 'balance' is a fool's goal.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The problem is, all that matters to people are ordinal differences, not the actual spread. In THE GAME THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED, the logging community also attributes buffed dps you give to other classes to the buffer. So you look at the rDPS of the class, not the personal DPS. Even then, if the classes are 1% apart, people will zoom in on your second graph until it looks like the first and then complain on the forums.

Ultimate 'balance' is a fool's goal.
Well, the thing about Lost Ark is EVERYONE has rDPS. Every class contributes a synergy buff in some shape or form.

And of course people are going to bitch about a 5 DPS difference. No game is EVER going to achieve 100% balance, because there are so many variables. All I'm saying is that Lost Ark gets a LOT closer to 100% than most other games.

Also, if BDO is any indication, Koreans are pretty good about ignoring forum noise. Unless a MASSIVE community uprises and forces them to "take notice", they typically just let the whiners REEEEEEE without giving them too much weight.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Also, if BDO is any indication, Koreans are pretty good about ignoring forum noise. Unless a MASSIVE community uprises and forces them to "take notice", they typically just let the whiners REEEEEEE without giving them too much weight.
Speaking of 'forum noise', what is all the chatter about censorship that is going on? Are people upset that there aren't physics enabled labia hanging out of their shorts? Does ASG have control over the game that supercedes the Koreans? I know /vg/ was complaining about the % of 'diverse' options in the presets vs KR/RU.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Honestly im enjoying this game quite a bit, im sure im running out of cutscene infused dungeons but im enjoying Vern quite a bit. Controls are a bit wonky and could use more functionality like WASD so i can change movement. However as it stands i give it a 9/10 overall. I've long since wished Diablo was made into an MMO and this checks those boxes for now. Im sure ill come to a point where the grind will be tedious but ive not enjoyed an MMO this much in some years. Hell this is the most ive used my PC since i built.

Shitgoingdown.jpg
Shitgoingdown2.jpg

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
From what I hear, it was the promotional materials for the western release had more...modest outfits, etc. I think (not 100% sure on this) that originally a lot of the character face skins were replaced with the diversity options instead of adding on to them which I think they changed. Also the original outfits people thought got removed, but I guess are still obtainable in the west, they're just not what you start with.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of 'forum noise', what is all the chatter about censorship that is going on? Are people upset that there aren't physics enabled labia hanging out of their shorts? Does ASG have control over the game that supercedes the Koreans? I know /vg/ was complaining about the % of 'diverse' options in the presets vs KR/RU.
No fucking idea, honestly. And I couldn't give a fuck less. I can create characters with BOOBA, black looking characters, asian, white, indian, blue man group, etc. But, I've never been one to obsess too much about avatars, ESPECIALLY in a game that has an isometric viewpoint. There are so many fucking sliders and shit that you can make a character look like almost anything you want.

Maybe it's outfit related? I have no fucking idea, since I don't give a flying fuck about cosmetics either. I'm just here to JUIIIIICE and GRIIIIIND, if I could ever finally decide on a fucking class and quit bouncing between about 4-5 of them.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I was more concerned that ASG might not be as resistant to forum shitters as Smilegate.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I was more concerned that ASG might not be as resistant to forum shitters as Smilegate.
LOL the director for Smilegate already shit all over AGS on the day of launch. The guy has a pretty low opinion of them. I don't think SG really gives a fuck what Amazon thinks and already forced them to delay the game for Legion raids. The game is doing insanely well in Korea, it isn't like they need a Western audience to be successful.

• 1Like