Lost Ark Online

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
I already got my money's worth (Gold Pack) and then some...

It sure is nice of them giving us a duplicate pack we purchased for free!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That is extra strange

But wait, there's MORE. It's even extra-er strange. The costumes aren't even the same.

1645334666058.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To echo Brahma's point, you're not too far in (if you're enjoying it) to roll East Coast. There are several advantages to this, mostly notably additional servers for the auction house and queues. The ping difference is negligible and it has the added benefit of having a fair amount of us on the server to help with things (there are groups and assistance available for most guardians & abyss dungeons)
Kinda wish I had just bit the bullet and dealt with the EST vs PST time zones, just to have all the hype around all the people and everyone doing shit!! but I just hit 50 and doing ok over on lonely US West. Lol
Once I get to 50 I can’t use a boost on another server right? If I wanted to play on Regulus I’d have to just roll a fresh guy there?
Sucks you gotta do it where you did your 50. I was thinking about using mine on US East to have a guy over with FoH, but not happening!
I think I got the record on being slow. Still only lvl 41. Kinda want to hit the part you get a boos ticket so I can switch to Sorcerer. Gun slinger is cool but a bit hard for my boomer ass.
Nope! Just hit 50 tonight, but I also saw a TON of other people questing in the late 40's areas, so I think this weekend is when a TON of people are going to be hitting 50. Not sure if that means anything other than more people grouping and more people not having a clue what's going on? lol
Tried my best to kinda read the story but once I hit that Tortoya and later Anikka I cant take it anymore. I skip everything pretty much. Just want to get to the farm-game now.

How long do you need to progress into lvl 50 msq to unlock the boost ticket?
Bro, create that G spam key on a mouse button macro and spam it all day!
Not very long IF you skip straight to the relevant parts. Basically you have 3 continents after you get the boat, Tortoyk, Anikka and Arthetine, and then you go to North Vern and that's where the 50 content unlocks and all that shit and where you get the boost. But you can kinda go there whenever you feel like, the story isn't really linear at that point, the only necessary part is doing North Vern, the other stuff is optional, so you can just stop once you're 50(or a little bit before, you get like 25% of a level doing the first north vern questline, but you have to be 50 to continue after that) and just go there and ignore these. You'll have to come back to them eventually to do adventure tome and what not but you can do it on a powerpass char that has the story cleared and the TPs unlocked so it's faster.

For example on my Demon Hunter since I was doing sidequests to see if I missed anything important on my main, I was somewhat overleveled. Also instead of doing Tortoyk, I went straight to Arthetine, didn't even land in Anikka, and did 42-50 in Arthetine, then went to North Vern. Haven't done Tortoyk or Anikka. My main who's almost in T3 has yet to do Anikka either.

Once in North Vern you do a questline there but it's shorter than usual cause 2 of the zones are optional, so it's like an hour, hour and a half or so, and once you've done that, you unlock Shushire, which is optional too but useful if you want to optimize the first day of reset for gear(it's a very small advantage mind you). After that, you just do whatever until your gear is upgraded enough for the next mandatory quest, Rohendel, which need 460 gear.
Thank you for this shot re-cap. Just hit level 50 a few minutes ago and I'm just into Arthetine I think. It's still having me run around the town and ride monorails when I hit 50. Gonna keep grinding until I get to North Vern like you said and unlock some more things.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fuck my Deathblade finished T1 and still has 110 star's breath bound to it, fucking cube tickets. Second char in T2 at least, just in time for the last 1080 > 1100 push.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I just hit T2 and i think i had 10+ fails getting items to +15
Yeah my first time was terrible. On blade though with the 20% from stronghold and all the cube tickets giving death breath, I basically had 80% chance to +15 on every slot, didn't miss one. Just needed enough mats. My bard is also sitting on like 150 leapstones and 60k harmony shards so should hit T2 in not too much time.

The amount of stupid shit that sells for way too much money even at T1 is pretty surprising though, I sold a T1 stone for 150g cause it had grudge/adrenaline.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I just hit T2 and i think i had 10+ fails getting items to +15
As someone who is in T3 and failed a bunch of T2 rolls (I received a pity +15 on an item for instance) there is no rush here. You're already ahead of 99% of the curve and content will be released at a pace that doesn't mean you need to feel bad about this. Enjoy the progression.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am still waiting for this this pay wall, having played on KR since launch and being unable to purchase anything on the cash shop there. I'm also at the final tier in this release and I still have not spent a dime. Actually, doing some math, gold sellers are asking for $5USD per 1k gold. I'm at 172k Gold. Is a paywall where you make money playing a game without ever spending?

Either one of two things seems to be occurring;

1) People who have not played the game in any capacity to properly understand the currencies (albeit, they are needlessly complicated / numerous) are commenting about the aforementioned currencies and making those of us who have played / are playing laugh.

2) I'm not playing the game correctly and should be going to some secret ninja shop where I enter my credit card to get a bunch of extra currencies.

If it's (2), can someone let me know where to go? Thanks.

Keep in perspective that you are already familiar with the game, between the head start and knowing the game inside and out along with what items to rush for and sell on the AH what you have accomplished is nothing the typical player will experience in the gold making department.

Still I agree with you that the pay to win complaint is overblown, everyone has access to a fully fleshed out game for literally free if they choose and there is hundreds of hours of game play available if you simply don't try and slam your dick into a brickwall trying to speed up things that ultimately don't matter much.

I installed this on Monday fresh not having looked at even glanced at the game prior so far haven't spent any money and just feel like I scratched the surface of the game. It takes a while to get used to all the systems and things as well as the many currencies. I am probably overly cautious of what to use though since I have no idea the real value of items, most of the reward chests and things I have gotten along the way are still in my storage, and the currency trading obfuscation that AladainAF AladainAF mentioned is very real for a newbie. Right now I am at 420ilvl and feel gated by dailies but then again I haven't made an alt to get more currency yet or really even know what I am doing. I have been told there is a massive amount of resources you get from islands and things but again I have just started those.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I always see mentioned to "do you island quests" when you hit 50. Is that some quest chain or just go to Islands in a certain order by following a guide?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Keep in perspective that you are already familiar with the game, between the head start and knowing the game inside and out along with what items to rush for and sell on the AH what you have accomplished is nothing the typical player will experience in the gold making department.

Still I agree with you that the pay to win complaint is overblown, everyone has access to a fully fleshed out game for literally free if they choose and there is hundreds of hours of game play available if you simply don't try and slam your dick into a brickwall trying to speed up things that ultimately don't matter much.

I installed this on Monday fresh not having looked at even glanced at the game prior so far haven't spent any money and just feel like I scratched the surface of the game. It takes a while to get used to all the systems and things as well as the many currencies. I am probably overly cautious of what to use though since I have no idea the real value of items, most of the reward chests and things I have gotten along the way are still in my storage, and the currency trading obfuscation that AladainAF AladainAF mentioned is very real for a newbie. Right now I am at 420ilvl and feel gated by dailies but then again I haven't made an alt to get more currency yet or really even know what I am doing. I have been told there is a massive amount of resources you get from islands and things but again I have just started those.

You're doing fine, just take your time and enjoy the game. All these damn videos and guides..."You can go from zero to hero in no time! Click this link and I'll tell you how to get to tier 3 FAST!!!!" Rush rush rush...BAM. Ok, so you're t3. No more handouts. No more islands and shit to give you mats. Your progression slows to a crawl. Now its all side shit that you can't rush. Now it's either do that, or work on alts once you've done your dailies and weeklies. So, what was the hurry? lol

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You're doing fine, just take your time and enjoy the game. All these damn videos and guides..."You can go from zero to hero in no time! Click this link and I'll tell you how to get to tier 3 FAST!!!!" Rush rush rush...BAM. Ok, so you're t3. No more handouts. No more islands and shit to give you mats. Your progression slows to a crawl. Now its all side shit that you can't rush. Now it's either do that, or work on alts once you've done your dailies and weeklies. So, what was the hurry? lol
Not only that, but there's SO much shit to do in this game that being "gated" just means you're being lazy on all your other shit you should be doing. Island tokens, Mokoko seeds, skill points, runes, continent completion, etc. People get too focused on, "MUST GET ILVL NAAAAAOOOWWW!".

• 1Like

Aazrael

So I got my 302 set and upgraded so I could do Abyssal raid and the chaos/guardian stuff. The guide I have up says the 340 Abyssal should/could drop the Epic set items, I only got accessories though. Random drops or wrong info?

Edit: NM You craft them?
Could get 5 armor pieces but not enough tokens to craft weapon.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not only that, but there's SO much shit to do in this game that being "gated" just means you're being lazy on all your other shit you should be doing. Island tokens, Mokoko seeds, skill points, runes, continent completion, etc. People get too focused on, "MUST GET ILVL NAAAAAOOOWWW!".
Well thats been the thing to do in mmos since like WOW released and people learned to play it. MMOS conditioned people over the last 20 or so years that its imperative that you get to the end game ASAP as that is where the game truly begins.

Only problem in this game, where the end game is, gets obfuscated by all the content, systems and other such nonsense. But I would venture to say that once you hit 50-, regardless of ILVL, youre in the end game. Rushing to T3 is kinda stupid right now because thats where the content ends.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I got my 302 set and upgraded so I could do Abyssal raid and the chaos/guardian stuff. The guide I have up says the 340 Abyssal should/could drop the Epic set items, I only got accessories though. Random drops or wrong info?

Edit: NM You craft them?
Could get 5 armor pieces but not enough tokens to craft weapon.
If you run both, you should have enough tokens for the full set. You get one armor drop and enough tokens to craft one of each piece exactly. Not sure how you didn't get enough, maybe you didn't see the armor piece? But if you diss it, it'll give you 2 tokens back anyway so you should have enough to get the weap too. 5pc is enough though, there's no difference between 5 and 6 afaik, just looks nicer.

Make sure you're transferring your levels on the abyss set, and not relvling, that'd be a waste of mats. Honing NPC transfer gear levels.

Aazrael

If you run both, you should have enough tokens for the full set. You get one armor drop and enough tokens to craft one of each piece exactly. Not sure how you didn't get enough, maybe you didn't see the armor piece? But if you diss it, it'll give you 2 tokens back anyway so you should have enough to get the weap too. 5pc is enough though, there's no difference between 5 and 6 afaik, just looks nicer.

Make sure you're transferring your levels on the abyss set, and not relvling, that'd be a waste of mats. Honing NPC transfer gear levels.
Yea I missed the head piece. So I duped that.

Thanks for the tip on dismantling it! I got the full set now but as you said 5 pieces was enough for bonus.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
so am I correct in assuming the first thing I should do upon hitting level 50 is continue until I get to North Vern?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Getting Tytalos done so I can do T2 guardians was such a pain, even putting together a group for people who "know the mechanics". finally managed a kill after 5 tries without personally dying to the one shot at all, on the kill we had 2 people left alive (both of us 840gs lol). The fights are pretty fun but almost everyone I've played with has been really bad.