Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
People complaining about failures in T2 -

Just remember that the success chance at T3 for going from 7 --) 8 is 40%. There are also no more islands for extra mats, mari's shop doesn't sell t3, etc. Enjoy T2's failure rates while it lasts!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean t3 is end game right now and we dont even have all of it from my understanding. So I see no point to grinding my ass off to hit the ultimate wall at T3. Also being the end game and this being an asian game, I would expect no other thing than a massive grind at end game.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
The amount of weapons i've failed while showing a 90%+ success rate tells me those numbers are complete bullshit anyhow. Failed a 97% for +14 last night and almost threw my mouse.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Out of the 40+ items I've gotten, I've only seen a couple of upgrades and they're either earings or necklace that gives me negligible gear level. I haven't seen armor or a weapon that is an upgrade yet.
After reading all the back and forth, I think you missed something even with all the guides that were posted. So you have the initial gear that you said you upgraded to 340. That gear isn't going to get upgrades via straight drops from other content. Like you're not going to find 340+ ilvl gear straight up. What you'll find is higher "quality" gear. It says the quality level in the item stats window. If you find a higher "quality" piece of gear, you transfer your "hones" to that piece of gear because it'll have higher base stats.

In the meantime, while looking for higher "quality" gear from those dungeons and shit you're running, keep "honing" that gear until it's +15, and that's how you end up then getting into Tier 2, and eventually Tier 3.

I'm noob, and hope I didn't fuck up that explanation.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Taking it slow in T2, I'm at 1k gs atm, these unbound leapstones sell for so much. I need to rush my alt here before they drop in price too much.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm not looking forward to Pugging the last 2 Abyssals in Tier 1. But I could go to Tier 2 anyway right? As long as I get 600 item level the Legendary set isnt really needed?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'm not looking forward to Pugging the last 2 Abyssals in Tier 1. But I could go to Tier 2 anyway right? As long as I get 600 item level the Legendary set isnt really needed?

They were challenging encounters the first time - i actually ended up liking Hildebrent(sp?) alot

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it's optional, although you can get materials from abyss dungeons which I find is a lot more useful than the set. Up to you, the mechanics are annoying in full pubs though you kinda want to join on the party finder thing and hope people aren't lying about knowing mechanics. I've been doing it on several chars it's not that bad but can take a few wipes for people to stop fucking up the instant wipe shit, and stagger checks can be tough when people can't read their fucking skills.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I went to the monastery to gobble up tons of herbs on potions just a little while ago. While there, I looted a platinum field ticket. Have no idea, so I track it down and do the guide quest. Next thing I know, its a map that sets you up to find four nodes through the entire area of herbs, logs, ores etc. Find the four, it unlocks a cave - go into the cave, and every herb, rock, w/e is all purple. Each harvest nets anywhere from 7 to 18 material a piece. Im rushing through the cave cause I only have 4 minutes left and I came out like a bandit. With what I harvested and the rewards - I walked out of there with over 900 herbs, 700 ore, and 300 wood.

Game never stops surprising me with shit I had no idea about.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well I picked up this game on the 15th so a full week behind you guys with the founders pack. If I had paid more attention I wish I had bought the founders pack and gotten the head start like many of you guys did. Sounds like selling shit to whales worked out well for Voldeth Voldeth . Overall impressions is very solid there are tons of things to do in this game once you start breaking through the surface of it. If anyone want thinking twice about this game because of the P2Win shit like I was just give it a chance. I haven't dropped a cent on this game and have gotten many times my moneys worth out of it.

The storyline at least the initial ones to 50 are god awful but later on as they have released newer parts of the game I see many comments from people it greatly improves in the T2 area. The fighting side of the game is something I am still learning the nuances of but this is what Diablo 3 should of felt like. It isn't just pure spam and there is more thought in the mechanics. I would recommend anyone play this game for the dungeons alone, they are visually impressive and each one is surprisingly fun to experience. And if you just feel like casually grinding and exploring there is tons of shit to just chill and explore the game.

The gear acquisition can be slowish but really I mean people are in T3 inside of 2 weeks so it isn't that bad at all. Also the game does a very shit job explaining the finer points to it, thankfully there are a good number of guides and info out there. I have to say the raids are visually impressive and I have only done a handful of them so far. I did one today of a giant 9 tailed fox and they are one of the coolest aspects to play through.

Overall Impressions

Story -1/10
Dungeons 9/10
Raids 10/10

Now onto some questions as my inventory looks like Chysamere Chysamere in that I horde everything. I have tons of Battle Items I haven't used a single one, I know they are for raids but I have been hording for when I needed them for actual content. Same with things like pheonix plumes. Also Voldeth Voldeth mentioned I should work on engraving so I have hundreds of chests in my inventory can someone give me a guide or go over

1. Engraving
2. Cards
3. Coins (I have 100x chests to choose between Gienah, Sceptrum, Acrturus, Ancient, Sun)
4. Ships and blueprints
5. Structures
6. Rapport items - similarly I have kept all the chests for these things.
7. Alts (what can I funnel to mains, what content is restricted to one character) how much is it required that I start powerpass getting characters to 50 I haven't wanted to waste it not knowing if it is a class I would enjoy.
8. All these stronghold structures that are clogging up my inventory.

I know that is a fair bit of topics to ask about but if one of you guys that are really knowledgeable could either provide some links or can give a breakdown on these things my storage will greatly thank you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I went to the monastery to gobble up tons of herbs on potions just a little while ago. While there, I looted a platinum field ticket. Have no idea, so I track it down and do the guide quest. Next thing I know, its a map that sets you up to find four nodes through the entire area of herbs, logs, ores etc. Find the four, it unlocks a cave - go into the cave, and every herb, rock, w/e is all purple. Each harvest nets anywhere from 7 to 18 material a piece. Im rushing through the cave cause I only have 4 minutes left and I came out like a bandit. With what I harvested and the rewards - I walked out of there with over 900 herbs, 700 ore, and 300 wood.

I saw something about that, it seems the best use of them is to get a party of 4 to max all the materials when you can.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Also I still haven't been able to get the twitch drops to work beyond the hover mount and the fox pet.. Given that there are still a couple of remaining that I can't seem to get credit for did anyone have any suggestions or info.. This seems to have happened to a fair number of people when you look at their forum but no solutions I can see.

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Platinum Fields is designed as group content although it can be soloed. The object is to bring those carryable drops back to the entrance and reaching the cap that will reset all the gathering nodes. It's a very old system and hasn't been updated since launch, and it really needs it. The hunting/excavating/fishing one is a cakewalk, but the other one has mobs that spawn and ambush you when you try to carry one of the thingies back, it's really retarded. You want a party of 3, not 4, one for each type of gathering.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Well I picked up this game on the 15th so a full week behind you guys with the founders pack. If I had paid more attention I wish I had bought the founders pack and gotten the head start like many of you guys did. Sounds like selling shit to whales worked out well for Voldeth Voldeth . Overall impressions is very solid there are tons of things to do in this game once you start breaking through the surface of it. If anyone want thinking twice about this game because of the P2Win shit like I was just give it a chance. I haven't dropped a cent on this game and have gotten many times my moneys worth out of it.

The storyline at least the initial ones to 50 are god awful but later on as they have released newer parts of the game I see many comments from people it greatly improves in the T2 area. The fighting side of the game is something I am still learning the nuances of but this is what Diablo 3 should of felt like. It isn't just pure spam and there is more thought in the mechanics. I would recommend anyone play this game for the dungeons alone, they are visually impressive and each one is surprisingly fun to experience. And if you just feel like casually grinding and exploring there is tons of shit to just chill and explore the game.

The gear acquisition can be slowish but really I mean people are in T3 inside of 2 weeks so it isn't that bad at all. Also the game does a very shit job explaining the finer points to it, thankfully there are a good number of guides and info out there. I have to say the raids are visually impressive and I have only done a handful of them so far. I did one today of a giant 9 tailed fox and they are one of the coolest aspects to play through.

Overall Impressions

Story -1/10
Dungeons 9/10
Raids 10/10

Now onto some questions as my inventory looks like Chysamere Chysamere in that I horde everything. I have tons of Battle Items I haven't used a single one, I know they are for raids but I have been hording for when I needed them for actual content. Same with things like pheonix plumes. Also Voldeth Voldeth mentioned I should work on engraving so I have hundreds of chests in my inventory can someone give me a guide or go over

1. Engraving
2. Cards
3. Coins (I have 100x chests to choose between Gienah, Sceptrum, Acrturus, Ancient, Sun)
4. Ships and blueprints
5. Structures
6. Rapport items - similarly I have kept all the chests for these things.
7. Alts (what can I funnel to mains, what content is restricted to one character) how much is it required that I start powerpass getting characters to 50 I haven't wanted to waste it not knowing if it is a class I would enjoy.
8. All these stronghold structures that are clogging up my inventory.

I know that is a fair bit of topics to ask about but if one of you guys that are really knowledgeable could either provide some links or can give a breakdown on these things my storage will greatly thank you.

Phoenix plumes should be right clicked and added to your UI inventory, and they are shared Roster wide.
Save engravings til you have read some guides and know which ones you want.
Open all your cards. The min/max card stuff is very late game/long grind, but you can still get a lot of utility from the base sets.
Save those coins until you need them. Certain ocean vendor stuff costs certain coin types. And if you run low on pirate coins Sun coins can be traded 1 for 20.
If you have earned a ship you'll have that ship available in your stronghold for dispatch missions.
Right click all structures to add them to your stronghold inventory.
Save rapport items and use them on Npcs with important/valuable rewards.
Alts can funnel weapon/armor stones and tradeable leapstones (although its best to sell the leapstones for now, these prices will drop like a rock soon. Even t1 at 17-20g a piece a sweet profit) After you use your 2 powerpasses you can always use Knowledge transfer to get more alts to 50. It's 600g a pop, which isn't that much.
You mentioned structures already.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am so slow at this game. Just hit 500. I have done next to nothing with housing. I have enjoyed Chaos Dungeons and the tower. I have yet to try a raid.

Can a game have too much to do? This one sure does feel like that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Ran the first t2 abyss last night and it seems much better designed. It's not nearly as punishing.
2nd one is some weird ass 8 man shit with really gimmicky bosses though. It's honestly worse than Phantom Palace in pubs, the first 2 aren't THAT bad(one of them do have you sit at your assign position then rotate to catch orbs but it's not too complicated) but 3rd one has some real bullshit.

Side note, finally hit 1100. Not nearly as many fails as when I was doing 600 upgrades, failed about half of my 14-15 which is the expected number, and failed twice on 15 > 16 which is a bit bad but I had just enough mats/breath for that(well I had to spend 1500g buying guardian stones but eh). On to Punika!

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
2nd one is some weird ass 8 man shit with really gimmicky bosses though. It's honestly worse than Phantom Palace in pubs, the first 2 aren't THAT bad(one of them do have you sit at your assign position then rotate to catch orbs but it's not too complicated) but 3rd one has some real bullshit.

But, I've been personally informed in this very thread that raid minigame mechanics are the absolute pinnacle of good game design and anyone that doesn't love them is just a casual who wants gear handouts. Are you a casual, Pyros?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I trust implicitly in Broken Arm Critics opinion, so I'm staying away from this pile of shite.

• 1Moron