Lost Ark Online

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On #8, there's a bunch of qol UI changes in KR we don't have yet. Can move/resize party bars(make them horizontal too if you want it like that), move/hide the loot popups shit, see your alts una/chaos/guardian info on the char change screen, see front/back indicators on bosses, queue chaos/guardian/abyss from anywhere and stuff like that. They did a pretty large amount of qol patches recently in KR, but since it's recent we're on a version right before most of these which kinda suck.

Rest I agree with.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
6. Guardian Raids should be knocked down to once per day especially if the game insist you play 17 alts. The inflated HP pools are just one extra fuck you on top. This shit is super easy so extending shit from 5 min out to 10min for no other reason than "BuT Mer DifFiCulTy" is beyond moronic. At first I didn't have the experience to understand why Voldeth Voldeth and them were complaining about this, but the longer it goes and the more alts you have the more you understand this is extra tedium bullshit for zero gain.
Goddamned this. I don't have many complaints about the game, but this is by far the largest one. It's so bad I don't even bother doing guardian raids sub T3. These fuckers should take 5 mins for an average group, 7 if your DPS is total potato, and a big dick energy group should be able to do these fuckers in 3-4m. Granted, T3 guardians(at least the first 2)are pretty close to that, but prior to that is just fucking retarded. Save the inflated ass health pools for Abyssal raids, not fucking 4 man retard shows.

And on that note, the fact that guardians don't have HP bars is fucktarded as well. Quit trying to fucking port Monster Hunter and just tell me what the fucking HP is, this is a fucking MMO. Even Dark Souls has HP bars FFS.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Goddamned this. I don't have many complaints about the game, but this is by far the largest one. It's so bad I don't even bother doing guardian raids sub T3. These fuckers should take 5 mins for an average group, 7 if your DPS is total potato, and a big dick energy group should be able to do these fuckers in 3-4m. Granted, T3 guardians(at least the first 2)are pretty close to that, but prior to that is just fucking retarded. Save the inflated ass health pools for Abyssal raids, not fucking 4 man retard shows.

And on that note, the fact that guardians don't have HP bars is fucktarded as well. Quit trying to fucking port Monster Hunter and just tell me what the fucking HP is, this is a fucking MMO. Even Dark Souls has HP bars FFS.

I know me & Raes Raes beat this horse to death when he (correctly) felt that some of the first Guardians simply had too much hp and Amazon later confirmed that they had buffed it but the situation continues to piss me the fuck off, so I'm ok ranting some more.

Everything Amazon has touched that has changed the game has been terrible. This is easily in my top 3 complaints along with item trading in T3 being disabled & the fucking censorship. Guardians are not meant to be super challenging encounters. Buffing the HP makes them tedious. What ticks me off the most is that, in doing this, they've created such a fucking terrible perception of the content (which is tuned correctly in every other region).

Know why the folks clearing Argos are sitting around going, "Uh.. That doesn't feel like an uber raid... This feels totally lackluster to clear"? It's because it's not fucking supposed to be. Guardians are a daily task which you are intended to complete in 5 minutes. Argos is intended to be a step above that, in that it takes 15 minutes but you only have to do it weekly. In boosting the health pool of Guardians, Argos now feels like a regular Guardian with 8 people & no one actually enjoys doing the Guardians because they are tedious as shit. Thus the whole experience feels weird because it's been changed without an understanding of how things are supposed to work and why they were done in the manner that they were.

Why these imbeciles don't simply undo their shit changes to allow the game to be more fun (as in it's original conception) so that people can enjoy getting to Legion Raids (which is the content that's intended to be satisfying / difficult) is beyond me. Here Amazon, let me make your patch notes on behalf of the people:

1- Guardian raids have had all of their health boosts reverted back to the original values. We apologize for allowing the intern who wanted to break Chromanium's shell for 10 minutes the ability to touch these values and assure you that we've fired him alongside every New World dev.
2- Tier 3 items are now tradeable. Removing the ability to trade them was an un-intended consequence of not understanding anything. We're sorry.
3- We have fixed all chat & naming conventions to allow grown ups and man-children alike the ability to type and name things as they see fit. We realize now that protecting you from hurty words was perhaps not the best approach.
4- We're releasing Scouter tomorrow to make up for the above 3 moves. We're also increasing the class release cadence to two more per month. We understand people not getting to play the classes they like is shitty design.
5- We've hired five hundred interns who wanted to work for Amazon. Their sole job is to sit around banning every Berserker bot / gold spammer there is.
6- We'll be releasing South Vern, alongside much of the content that provides materials in the coming month. Legion raids will follow a month after that, starting with Valtan (see our terrible Youtube preview of Valtan here). Also, yes, the honing increase comes with South Vern. Enjoy, motherfuckers (you can say that in game now too - see 3!).
7- We've tracked down and sent people to murder anyone who hit the ping feature an excessive amount of times or greets people by saying 'Lailai'. We feel that this will help develop a less retarded community moving forward. You're welcome.

Voila. Game is now perfect. You're welcome, Amazon.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I feel you, but it's pie in the sky at this point. Talking about a team that takes a month (+?) to redo a 2 month roadmap.

All they have to do is give us all the up to Argos side shit that we should have, the +honing rates, and release classes as fast as they can translate them. But, they act like Smilegate isn't continuing to spit out classes and raids and continents at fucking lightspeed. Guess it's not their fault they are ignorant, it's not like there are thousands of posts on their own forums telling them this shit.

Also...lailai.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I feel you, but it's pie in the sky at this point. Talking about a team that takes a month (+?) to redo a 2 month roadmap.
Bro, it took them 3 fucking tries to fix a fucking clock. I really hope people stay the fuck away from AGS after fucking up 2 MMOs now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Bro, it took them 3 fucking tries to fix a fucking clock. I really hope people stay the fuck away from AGS after fucking up 2 MMOs now.

That one is on Smilegate. AGS doesn't write the patches. But, yeah, Amazon is a trainwreck. Almost make Trion look competent.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

All they have to do is give us all the up to Argos side shit that we should have, the +honing rates, and release classes as fast as they can translate them. But, they act like Smilegate isn't continuing to spit out classes and raids and continents at fucking lightspeed. Guess it's not their fault they are ignorant, it's not like there are thousands of posts on their own forums telling them this shit.

Also...lailai.
The class thing is sort of baffling to me. Like, are we going to get a delay on actual new classes from here on out? I don't understand holding them back at this point if the goal is all regions having the same content.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
The class thing is sort of baffling to me. Like, are we going to get a delay on actual new classes from here on out? I don't understand holding them back at this point if the goal is all regions having the same content.

Well, we can have all the same content and not have all the classes, which will just put us further behind on actual new classes. It's just their braindead idea of using classes to try and lure people back periodically. Which is fucktarded, because while it will do that, it won't do it nearly as much as they think. And is just going to drive people away who get annoyed/bored waiting months and months for the class they want to main. Imagine maining a class for months that is not the class you want to main, and getting tired of all the not so fun parts of the game, and then they finally release your class and your like, wow, this class is so much fun, I wish I wasn't over the fucking game.

Another reason why they should be adding content and classes as fast as possible is that NOW is the perfect fucking time. The MMO landscape is pretty barren atm, but it ain't gonna stay that way and they need to capitalize on that shit. But, it's AGS. If they actually made a good decision it would rip a hole in the time-space continuum.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well, we can have all the same content and not have all the classes, which will just put us further behind on actual new classes. It's just their braindead idea of using classes to try and lure people back periodically. Which is fucktarded, because while it will do that, it won't do it nearly as much as they think. And is just going to drive people away who get annoyed/bored waiting months and months for the class they want to main. Imagine maining a class for months that is not the class you want to main, and getting tired of all the not so fun parts of the game, and then they finally release your class and your like, wow, this class is so much fun, I wish I wasn't over the fucking game.

Another reason why they should be adding content and classes as fast as possible is that NOW is the perfect fucking time. The MMO landscape is pretty barren atm, but it ain't gonna stay that way and they need to capitalize on that shit. But, it's AGS. If they actually made a good decision it would rip a hole in the time-space continuum.
Problem is that is something they should've outlined for March and April timelines. That 30-60 day period is CRITICAL for an MMO. If they wait much longer, most of those people are never coming back.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Problem is that is something they should've outlined for March and April timelines. That 30-60 day period is CRITICAL for an MMO. If they wait much longer, most of those people are never coming back.

They did have a roadmap. It got "leaked" on like the 7th and after all the negative feedback on that and the Argos drop and all the shit we're missing they decided to redo it. It's like watching an infinite number of monkeys hammering on typewriters, except that would eventually give you a good result.

I also forgot to mention their stupid line about "releasing the right classes at the right times to compliment released content" or whatever fucking retarded PR spin bullshit it was. Oh, this is it: "As we release new content into the game, we want to add new classes that compliment that content." Complete nonsense.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What I don't like about the fact they're so slow with their roadmap is they probably know what they're doing, but they're being indecisive because they're observing metrics and seeing if it's feasible or if Argos reaction will repeat and stuff, when all they have to do is adjust stuff to make it fit. If the metric don't fit then just add some more events, or half patch the honing changes(keep T1-T2 the same for "progression" but ease the 1340-1470 rates for example). They just need to fix it before it becomes a problem, and even ~2weeks should be plenty for that if they have a really rewarding event(more than the current ones for T3). Ultimately that's the only way they're gonna get ppl ready to raid this stuff quickly anyway, and they should have considered that sooner. Should have had shit like Punika powerpass for reaching 1340 and shit like that to get people to have high lvl alts to feed their mains which is the only decent way to gear up currently in T3, since the amount of mats you get from a single char is really not enough.

As for classes they really need to change their mind on their original dripfeed releases. It's especially bad since a bunch of the classes not available are among the most popular ones, which means if ppl are told they won't see their main for 6months, they're just quitting right away, it's a waste of time to play an "alt" for 6months, it'll be faster to just catch up once the class releases. Obviously you have a bunch of players who don't even know what classes KR has, but these people won't care regardless, fast or slow release, so slow release is basically almost all negative. And KR releases new classes often enough that you don't really need to hold the old ones for "content". Like by the time we get all the classes KR will probably have released 2 more classes.

Anyway it seems pretty dumb what they're doing atm. And they're basically propping themselves up for a big disappointment because whatever they release some ppl are gonna hate it, but by delaying it longer and longer it's just gonna make them hate it even more. Stuff like "if I knew class x wasn't coming I wouldn't have bothered" or "oh now you're buffing honing rates after I spent all my gold upgrading to do argos, fuck you" and so on.

• 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Like by the time we get all the classes KR will probably have released 2 more classes.

More like 5 or 6. They already have the Artist chic, with I believe the other subclass, aeromancer, plus female berserker on the way. Even if they accelerate the release schedule for NA/EU those will probably all be out in KR before we get all the classes we're missing.

It's obvious why the roadmap is taking so long. They are trying to find the right balance to barely appease the playerbase while still maximizing the milking of the swipers and whales. Which is laughable because they have no idea what they are doing. It's all just guesswork and they just aren't smart enough to even make good guesses. It's sad just how fucking stupid they are. It's so hard to believe that people this incompetent actually get paid.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, the average player is not bashing their head and stuck worrying about 1340+.

The player base most represented here is most certainly not the average player base.

There is not enough mmo content created that can satisfy some of the min / maxers that play 16 to 18 hrs a day.

Since the game is f2p, they certainly need to find that balance that gets people to pay.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cyni Cyni Apparently it was patched out or just wasnt implemented into NA/EU that way. Sad times about transferring tripods for repeated attempts. :(

Last edited:

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I think in a way they are looking at BDO and how those devs milk the playerbase with a new class every season or so. Works very well for BDO. Tons of people come back, buy new character slots, level the new class to max over a few months and then never play the toon again. BDO makes another 100 million and moves on to the next character design. I can't fault them for it, it is a fun way to play the game.

But in spite of the BDO-lite upgrade mechanics, Lost Ark is a very different game. New classes aren't going to be the same draw as it is in BDO. So like you say, not releasing content we should have is just going to frustrate and bore the playerbase. Especially since much of the endgame is a bit of a job with dailies, etc.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So what ia the carrot on the stick for a new class? I would assume that thosw waiting for whatever unreleased class would already have a complete stockpile of mats so leapstones might be the only hurdle.

Wouldnt it be possible to powerpass or KT a new class and lvl it to max on day 1?