Love, Death & Robots

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There are 3 AMAZING episodes of Season 1 that I'd love to see more of (Secret War, Beyond the Aquila Rift, and Zima Blue), then there's a bunch of good episodes like Lucky 13, Sucker of Souls, Shape-Shifters, Suits, etc.

Season 2 really only had about 3 episodes that resonated at all - Snow in the Desert, Pop Squad, and Drowned Giant. The rest was pretty forgettable.

I'm really hoping S3 is closer to S1 in quality, because S1 was fucking fantastic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
1 full "mini episode" has dropped on YT

season 2 wasn't as good as 1 and this looks a little more kiddie-ish but whatever, its short and fun

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
this is out now. just watched it due to a bit of insomnia... overall it was okay, i think. season 1 is still the best. partially because it had twice the episodes of season 2 and 3 (if i remember correctly, season 2 and 3 were initially supposed to be season 2, but due to covid they weren't able to complete it on time, so they split the season in two... or something. but also i think season 1 was just better stories for the most part.

this one had some interesting episodes for sure, night of the mini living dead was great just in how silly it was, the entombed vault (or whatever the episode is called) was nice, but the animation i think wasn't up to par with what we've seen from the series...

ultimately, i'll still watch season 1 from time to time, but i don't think i'd rewatch any of season 2 or 3... i'm not 100% sure what they are missing, but they don't fill me with awe the same way several of the season 1 episodes do.

it's a good watch, though, and i hope they continue (and go back to longer seasons)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed it. Season 1 is still the best but I found this to be better than season 2. The CGI on the last episode was amazing.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
this is out now. just watched it due to a bit of insomnia... overall it was okay, i think. season 1 is still the best. partially because it had twice the episodes of season 2 and 3 (if i remember correctly, season 2 and 3 were initially supposed to be season 2, but due to covid they weren't able to complete it on time, so they split the season in two... or something. but also i think season 1 was just better stories for the most part.

this one had some interesting episodes for sure, night of the mini living dead was great just in how silly it was, the entombed vault (or whatever the episode is called) was nice, but the animation i think wasn't up to par with what we've seen from the series...

ultimately, i'll still watch season 1 from time to time, but i don't think i'd rewatch any of season 2 or 3... i'm not 100% sure what they are missing, but they don't fill me with awe the same way several of the season 1 episodes do.

it's a good watch, though, and i hope they continue (and go back to longer seasons)

snow is worth a rewatch or two

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
snow is worth a rewatch or two
snow is definitely one of the better ones from season 2, but it didn't grab me like it did a lot of other people. it's possible that i think it's a great pilot episode of something that i'd really enjoy watching, but there's no more episodes so i miss what i'm never going to get.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I loved this season. Vast improvement on season 2.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
I didn't really like the siren one, the animation was great but it felt too much like someone trying to make a literal implementation of interpretive dance.

The rest were all pretty good though, I think I liked Bad Travellings best, mostly for the story and the main voice actor.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It was good overall, and I liked most of them. Better than S2 but not close to S1. The first one was preachy but not bad. Hated 3rd one, and Jibaro was one of the worst things I've seen in a long time. The rest were good enough to overcome those 2 but man were they bad. I'm really expecting a lot more out of Season 4 with the Covid excuse gone. 9 stories with several being extremely short is not pushing Netflix back into worth keeping.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
There was a couple I thought was meh but the only episode this season I actively disliked was the three robots. That was because it was just a bunch of preachy asshatery.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Watched the first few episodes of S2, gonna catch up this week.

The giant drowned man episode was good, felt like something written in the 1800's. The guy's musings on the deterioration of the body, etc.

Then Michael B Jordan trapped with an EMMI was really good. Maybe it's because I played Metroid Dread and am freaked out by the Boston Dynamics dogs that I think will be used to police people eventually. This one was legit scary. Probably watch it again before I move on.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Not as good as Season 1, but far better than Season 2. One of the only good products Netflix puts out, always a couple of complete shitter episodes like the finale but overall worth the watch.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
6 out of 9 were good watches, not bad for this season.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I'd say Jibaro was not my favorite. Mason's Rats was pretty baller though. I liked this more than season 2 for sure.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Parts of Jibaro reminded me of a music video.

It was total garbage though.

• 1Like