Lumi's Batshit Insane Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I've had a long time interest in the paranormal, and tried to find an explanation for it that both allows for people to experience and witness truly fucked up shit (alien abductions, other dimensions, etc) without them lying about it, and without it breaking too much of what we know about this universe. It appeared to be a futile effort until I started to read about psychedelics, especially Dimethyltryptamine, or DMT. This is one of the most powerful psychedelic compounds known to man and is manufactured naturally in most living organisms, including in humans (it's also an illegal substance, so the next time you go through customs, remember that both you and the customs officers have controlled substances on you!
wink.png
). Apparently not much is known about why we produce this, or what it's function is, as it seems to normally occur in too small a dosage to produce a psychedelic reaction.

However, in the early 90's Dr. Rick Strassman performed experiments on people with DMT and recorded their reactions to it. First of all, the visions they saw were described along the lines of "more real than real" or some such, that is, had they not known they were undergoing an experiment they would have believed what they saw to have actually happened. Many had what they described as a religious experience. About half had an encounter with non-human intelligence, and at least one person underwent an alien abduction. Needless to say the experiments were all performed in a hospital with Dr. Strassman and a nurse observing, and they, of course never saw any of these things.

What is noteworthy of this research is the following. It is hypothetically possible for the human body to produce the psychedelic DMT, which will cause the subject to experience something out of this world, without knowing himself that it is not actually real. For me, this is what I have found to be the answer to most paranormal and religious experiences documented, without having to resort to either believing the witness to be lying, or that something actually did happen in this physical universe.

Dr. Strassman's book, DMT: The Spirit Molecule, is a must read for anyone interested in this subject. A documentary has also been made about this with interviews with Strassman and some of the participants, but it lacks a lot of the science, background and issues raised in his book. You should be able to find the book on Amazon, and possibly an e-book version somewhere. The documentary trailer is here, and you should be able to find a torrent of it somewhere.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"Sight. Well sight isn't just sight right off. color and shapes are quite different. our eyesight is sharper at dusk due to ability to see black and white is greater then color."

I thought I read somewhere that more car accidents happen at dawn / dusk then another other time because of the way the lighting is. Something along the lines of we can't see better, but worse due to the colors, not the sunlight shining in your eyes.
Was definitely messing it up in my head how it works.
here is a writeup on rods/cones. and the two light sensitivity receptors.
http://www.aoa.org/x5352.xml

Basically, rods are more numbered. Can see color, and are sharper.
Cones are fewer in number. can only see black and white. have LESS resolution. But can see in the dark much much more.

The point I was making in general though is, our senses are very subjective. even the world we "know" is filtered through fallible sensory organs.
Taste can be altered by messing with our taste buds. We are well aware of the visible light spectrum being not remotely the full gamut of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Actually, I only heard of this recently..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

Charles_sl

shitlord
Ghosts in your bedroom, night terrors? It sounds like you guys were scared already and that's causing you to have these issues. It's like a little kid watching a scary movie before bed, chances are pretty high that they are going to have a nightmare over it and/or be scared through the night.

Personally I don't believe in ghosts necessarily, at least not the ghosts that most people would think of. I think that spirits are more than reasonable to believe in though. What are we? A bunch of matter, sure, but what are we? Our personalities, ourselves? We're a combination of matter and energy, while we're alive those two things are inextricably linked but what happens after that link is broken? What happens when we die? That matter doesn't just vanish, it's still there of course. If the matter doesn't vanish then why do we assume that the energy vanishes? That seems silly to me. Who knows what happens exactly but in my view it seems reasonable to think that what makes us continues on in some way, not simply the matter continuing on as something else in the universe but also the energy or whatever it is that made up our mind and personality.

I don't think that science has been able to determine what exactly it is that makes us "us." I think that anyone who has had truly personal and close relationships can agree that there's something more to it than each of brains simply being powered and that's that, we aren't machines even if that's what some people would like to think. There's something higher going on that makes each of us unique and special, it's not something that's easily explained and it's not something that has been explained.

Anyway I just found it a bit sad that people are afraid of ghosts or spirits or whatever it is, I was just trying to make you guys feel better. If there are ghosts, spirits, whatever that energy inside of us is, then there would certainly be good versions as well, likely many more good versions than there would be bad versions. And they definitely aren't going to look like "ghosts" as in the type of ghosts that you see in the movies or have in your head, they wouldn't even be visible to your eyes, if they exist then they aren't even visible to any instrumentation that we have now or they would have been discovered.

So yeah, don't worry about stuff like that, it's silly. You should be confident and comfortable knowing that even if such things exist that, just like humans, there are many, many more good ones than there are bad ones. And on top of that they aren't able to do anything to you anyway, you can't even see them or tell that they are there. Don't worry about such things, this is not something that should scare you at all.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I've had a long time interest in the paranormal, and tried to find an explanation for it that both allows for people to experience and witness truly fucked up shit (alien abductions, other dimensions, etc) without them lying about it, and without it breaking too much of what we know about this universe. It appeared to be a futile effort until I started to read about psychedelics, especially Dimethyltryptamine, or DMT. This is one of the most powerful psychedelic compounds known to man and is manufactured naturally in most living organisms, including in humans (it's also an illegal substance, so the next time you go through customs, remember that both you and the customs officers have controlled substances on you!
wink.png
). Apparently not much is known about why we produce this, or what it's function is, as it seems to normally occur in too small a dosage to produce a psychedelic reaction.

However, in the early 90's Dr. Rick Strassman performed experiments on people with DMT and recorded their reactions to it. First of all, the visions they saw were described along the lines of "more real than real" or some such, that is, had they not known they were undergoing an experiment they would have believed what they saw to have actually happened. Many had what they described as a religious experience. About half had an encounter with non-human intelligence, and at least one person underwent an alien abduction. Needless to say the experiments were all performed in a hospital with Dr. Strassman and a nurse observing, and they, of course never saw any of these things.

What is noteworthy of this research is the following. It is hypothetically possible for the human body to produce the psychedelic DMT, which will cause the subject to experience something out of this world, without knowing himself that it is not actually real. For me, this is what I have found to be the answer to most paranormal and religious experiences documented, without having to resort to either believing the witness to be lying, or that something actually did happen in this physical universe.

Dr. Strassman's book, DMT: The Spirit Molecule, is a must read for anyone interested in this subject. A documentary has also been made about this with interviews with Strassman and some of the participants, but it lacks a lot of the science, background and issues raised in his book. You should be able to find the book on Amazon, and possibly an e-book version somewhere. The documentary trailer is here, and you should be able to find a torrent of it somewhere.

I tried the a synthetic version of it a few years ago, i believe it was 5-meo-dmt. I fell into a black hole for about 2 hours.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I have only had one really hard to explain experience. I remember posting this back on FoH.

1st grade, friend is having a sleepover. There are 7 children invited. The friend's mother is going out for the evening and hired a baby sitter. We stay up, eat pizza, play games, watch a non-scary movie. Time for bed, kids are spread all over the floor of his room. Lights go out, ghost stories begin. Usual campy stupid stuff. Then the light bulb in his bedside lamp pops. Shorts out? It was off, but there was a spark and the filament blew. That scares everyone and they run out of the bedroom and up to the living room which was on the second floor where the baby sitter is watching t.v. It was a split level apartment.

There was probably a short or a surge and was just coincidence on the timing, for the light bulb popping.

Anyways, no one wants to go back downstairs. Baby sitter is getting kind of annoyed. Everyone was upstairs at this point hanging around the top of the stairs. I decide to be brave and be the first to go down. I get to the bottom of the stairs. I remember this image clearly. The landing and hallway had inset lighting in the ceiling. So all the light was coming straight down, which caused the room to appear very dark. The friend never picked up his toys and the hallway was a mess. His bike was laying at the bottom of the stairs on it's side and I was standing over it. Anyways, before venturing into the pitch black room, I decided to test the waters a little bit. I looked around for something to throw and found a hard plastic/rubber Apatosaurus toy. It was reddish brown on the back and had a green belly.

I tossed it underhand into the room by gripping it's tail, but I do not hear it land. That makes me pause for a moment and then I look back up towards everyone who was crowded around the top of the stairs. So at this point I am staring the whole party in the face, and I just shrug, when I heard a whooshing sound. I looked left just in time to see the toy dinosaur fly out of the dark room and past my face. It wasn't tumbling end over end, it just flew straight, all four feet pointed at the ground, and punched through the sheet rock in the wall next to me, leaving a fist sized hole. The dinosaur comes to rest on the spokes of the bike tire along with sheet rock debris.

Everyone freaks out and I run up the stairs two at a time once it sinks in what just happened. No one goes downstairs for the rest of the night. The friend's mom is really pissed when she sees the hole and the babysitter tells her what she saw and that she doesn't know what happened. My friend still gets grounded.

The easy explanation is that an unknown person entered the apartment. But there was only one door to the whole place and narrow windows on the ground floor that were hard to get in through and noisy as hell when you opened them. These units were cheap apartments. And for them to be hanging out right where I would randomly decide to toss a toy is pretty strange. Due to the apartment's layout, the person had to have been waiting in either the mother's room, or the bathroom. and then snuck into the friend's bedroom after we all ran out. They would have had to have been waiting silently for about 40 minutes minimum while we told ghost stories. Also this person would have had to sneak back out of the apartment silently in the hour or so window of time before the mother came home, with the whole house filled with spooked kids listening for every bump, without using the front door. Like I said the windows on the ground floor were a pain to open, and set high and narrow like a basement apartment. And then the final bit, They had to have been fucking stupid to throw a toy that hard, a quarter inch away from a kid's face.

That is still the most probably explanation I suppose, and it has been suggested that the babysitter might have brought in her boyfriend... but just thinking about that image of that dinosaur toy flying through the air without tumbling still spooks me.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Roswell is different in my mind because of a few things. The actual facts surrounding Roswell is what's up for debate, lets not forget that the first official response from the government was it was an alien space craft. I find it hard to believe that anyone at an Air force base could confuse a craft capable of interstellar space travel for a weather balloon. My grandfather was actually at Roswell, New Mexico when whatever it was that crashed. I have discharge papers proving he was there along with 87 pages of his honorable discharge summary. I would love to read it but when they gave it to him they made a copy, blacked out every word that wasn't a, and, or, but, of, the, and then made a copy of that and gave him that. If you put aside his story, the fact that my grandfather was there and the unit he was in (the 509) which was dismantled shortly after the Roswell incident. If you aren't familiar with the 509 that was the group that was responsible for dropping the atomic bombs and the Enola Gay was at Roswell when the incident happened.

As for the actual story my grandfather told I don't have time to get into depth and the story is now 2nd hand account of what happened and even first hand account is the lowest form of evidence scientifically. His story wasn't all that crazy to be honest with you, he claimed 2 ships crashed one destroyed another intact. He said they never found any bodies that he was aware of and described them as unmanned craft, the thing that leads me to believe my grandfather is that he described to me touch panels back in 1987. What truly happened I nor most of us will never know, but I promise you these people wouldn't confuse a fucking weather balloon with a space craft, maybe some local joe dirt farmer but not Air Force investigators.
87 pages? DD214 is like 2 pages tops bra.

fucker_sl

shitlord
asking this again: is anyone aware of Lumie's internet activities after the (failed) apocalypse? i'm curious about what new crazyness he's spreading

Salshun_sl

shitlord
I tried the a synthetic version of it a few years ago, i believe it was 5-meo-dmt. I fell into a black hole for about 2 hours.
I did 2C-B once, then got driven along the Las Vegas Strip at night while it was was kicking in. No words...no words at all.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
What happened anyway? Why did FoH suddenly vanish?

And someone needs to get Lumie back in this forum...

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's nothing mysterious about what happened to FoH, why it....simply disappeared.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I dunno. None of that guys posts are calling someone a 'fucking retard'. Doesn't smell like Lumie.

Golt_sl

shitlord
I dunno. None of that guys posts are calling someone a 'fucking retard'. Doesn't smell like Lumie.
Lumie was a pretty avid league player, i remember his posts/comments back on FoH about it. His in game name in there is AreURdyFortheEnd .. and obviously the name Luminati. Could be an elaborate troll I grant you, but I think he might be lying low after the apocalypse didn't happen too.