Lumi's Batshit Insane Thread

fucker_sl

shitlord
Lumie was a pretty avid league player, i remember his posts/comments back on FoH about it. His in game name in there is AreURdyFortheEnd .. and obviously the name Luminati. Could be an elaborate troll I grant you, but I think he might be lying low after the apocalypse didn't happen too.
possible, but i was also wondering about his activities outside FoH. i remember someone linked some other forums where he went to spread his nosense. i tried to check but my googlefu has failed me

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Unexplained experience I had from when I was a kid:

Brought up in an Evangelical Christian household, Church every week and went to a Christian school from the ages of 11-16. Family holidays to Florida were for Evangelical Church conferences just as much as a few days in Disney. As a kid I believed but found Church boring.

When I was 11/12 went on a school camping trip, camping in a national park that was still open to the public. Felt a bit uneasy/scared about sleeping in a tent in a park that was accessible by anyone. Was sharing a tent with a friend and when we told the school secretary she prayed with us that we wouldn't be scared anymore.

A short while later I looked at my friend and said "are you feeling what I'm feeling", he said he was about to ask me the same thing...I felt completely at peace and at ease and have never felt like that before or since.

As a kid I was used to prayer, being prayed for and praying for things I wanted...if I fell over and grazed my knee my mum would respond by praying over it. No prayer ever had such a powerful effect. Can't really explain it, especially as it was the school secretary who previously I had limited contact with (therefore less empathy)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I can explain it in two words: Placebo effect.

So not unexplained at all.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
the secretary was scared of getting abducted and raped in the park. You felt better because she didn't.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I can explain it in two words: Placebo effect.

So not unexplained at all.
Frequently as a child I had tonsillitis, every time I was ill my mum (who surely I had greater empathy with than school secretary) would pray over me...I never experienced a miracle healing or placebo effect.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Right. Because prayer has quantifiably been disproven to do anything. Including curing your scraped knees, and your insecurities while camping as a retarded adolescent on the cusp of puberty.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Frequently as a child I had tonsillitis, every time I was ill my mum (who surely I had greater empathy with than school secretary) would pray over me...I never experienced a miracle healing or placebo effect.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't trolling. By definition the placebo effect only works when you truly believe it will work. In one situation you were psychologically distressed, but not physically. In the other you had a physically definable stress so it would be much more difficult to calm your psychological stress.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I hear if you put coconut oil and hydrogen peroxide in a bottle together, and gargle with them, it'll cure your scraped knees.

Tide goes in
Tide goes out
You can't explain that.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't trolling. By definition the placebo effect only works when you truly believe it will work. In one situation you were psychologically distressed, but not physically. In the other you had a physically definable stress so it would be much more difficult to calm your psychological stress.
Precisely.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Tide goes in
Tide goes out
You can't explain that.
Wait, now I'm mixing Tide with the peroxide too?!

rrr_img_31390.jpg

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Right. Because prayer has quantifiably been disproven to do anything.
Science disagrees.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=104310443

Prayer hacks your brain buddy.

(insert Matrix music here)

Since this is the batshit insane thread - I will list the one batshit insane thing I do on a weekly basis:

I buy lottery tickets (Powerball, Megamillions - depending on which is larger).
The odds of me winning said lottery are only a little less than the odds of me spontaneously combusting.
Yet, I buy in the belief I'll win in the next few years....

Three years ago I was sure I'd win by 2012, Now I'm confident I'll win by 2015 ;-) Unless it's 2015 then I'm confident it'll be by 2018...

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
No, science does not disagree.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0403133554.htm

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/he...anted=all&_r=0

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/12082681/n...-unusual-test/

These tests were conducted by real scientists, not neurotheologists, which is exactly what NPR calls the people who think prayer alters the brain.

From the NPR link

The field is called "neurotheology," and although it is new, it's drawing prominent researchers in the U.S. and Canada.
I recognize you're just trolling but I'm responding to you seriously because this shit is nonsensical. Neurotheologists? Jimmies fucking rustled bro. Jimmies fucking rustled.