Lumi's Batshit Insane Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Any and all religions are stupid
They are wrong, but not stupid. All of the current crop of religions are the succesful product of thousands of year of memetic evolution; the truly stupid has been weeded out of them.

That doesn't make them any more true. Just non-stupidly wrong. I'm talking about the religion itself, not its followers, though.

(oh, and I've gained a slightly better appreciation of the judicious use of Christianity and their obssession with the reproductive behaviour of their congregationists after reading fully Joseph Heinrich's W.E.I.R.D.est people on Earth and how that contributed - for all the wrong reasons, of course - to the immense success of Western culture)

Sevens

Log Wizard
They are wrong, but not stupid. All of the current crop of religions are the succesful product of thousands of year of memetic evolution; the truly stupid has been weeded out of them.

That doesn't make them any more true. Just non-stupidly wrong. I'm talking about the religion itself, not its followers, though.

(oh, and I've gained a slightly better appreciation of the judicious use of Christianity and their obssession with the reproductive behaviour of their congregationists after reading fully Joseph Heinrich's W.E.I.R.D.est people on Earth and how that contributed - for all the wrong reasons, of course - to the immense success of Western culture)
Okay youre right
Any and all religions are evil and their followers are stupid
I mean come on, if youre on the same team as Lumi and Vanessa something is wrong

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Any and all religions are evil
Oh yes.

The most useful feature of Christianity, which was its hard-on against clan-structures, was mostly about being able to get those little youngest sons as church priestly figures, and getting the wealthy to bestow their wealth to the Church for "good causes" rather than get the inheritance to remain in the clan...

It's all selfish to the extreme. Even if the end result is useful, despite the parasitic church.
I mean come on, if youre on the same team as Lumi and Vanessa something is wrong
They are both on Ignore, so yes. If I was on the same team, something would be very, very wrong.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Oh yes.

The most useful feature of Christianity, which was its hard-on against clan-structures, was mostly about being able to get those little youngest sons as church priestly figures, and getting the wealthy to bestow their wealth to the Church for "good causes" rather than get the inheritance to remain in the clan...

It's all selfish to the extreme. Even if the end result is useful, despite the parasitic church.

They are both on Ignore, so yes. If I was on the same team, something would be very, very wrong.

It took me this long to get them both on ignore, so I suppose I will wear any stupid badge that is owed.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What a narrow, plebian way of thinking. All institutions are evil, because they exist to take from you and give to themselves. Hope is the cheapest reward for the plebs, so it's a go too for particularly successful institutions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sevens

Log Wizard
What a narrow, plebian way of thinking. All institutions are evil, because they exist to take from you and give to themselves. Hope is the cheapest reward for the plebs, so it's a go too for particularly successful institutions.
Go yiff yourself

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
1621992466918.png

• 2Worf
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 6 users