Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Jait

Molten Core Raider
He was Trading for the gas and bullets. I think he was offering Milk, Water would have made more Sense imo.
They had a TON of water (Aqua Vita), a maybe 500gallon fuel pod of gas, and a small amount of Human breastmilk (probably for children or baking. Otherwise makes no sense.) They never said what was for what.

And for the fucktards saying this doesn't have a story...you just missed it is all. Beast stood out, and probably deserves at least a nomination for best supporting actor. His story isn't nearly as incredible as the dichotomy of Joe and Max. Joe is Order, Max is Chaos/Free Will. Neither is good nor evil. The story BEGINS with Max explaining all that is left is the instinct of survival. But he's dominated by madness and chaos, whereas Joe actually has a fucking plan for survival, and like his methods or not, he prevents total anarchy. He understands that no one can begin to truly rebuild society until the couple hundred years pass and the water and lands are clean enough, so he's creating a system of control that allows Humanity to survive that long. Meanwhile Max just goes around blowing everything up.

It is a nearly perfect movie in every way. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's fuckingfantastic.

cypis

Lord Nagafen Raider
It is a nearly perfect movie in every way.
rrr_img_101295.jpg

Siliconemelons

They had a TON of water (Aqua Vita), a maybe 500gallon fuel pod of gas, and a small amount of Human breastmilk (probably for children or baking. Otherwise makes no sense.) They never said what was for what.

And for the fucktards saying this doesn't have a story...you just missed it is all. Beast stood out, and probably deserves at least a nomination for best supporting actor. His story isn't nearly as incredible as the dichotomy of Joe and Max. Joe is Order, Max is Chaos/Free Will. Neither is good nor evil. The story BEGINS with Max explaining all that is left is the instinct of survival. But he's dominated by madness and chaos, whereas Joe actually has a fucking plan for survival, and like his methods or not, he prevents total anarchy. He understands that no one can begin to truly rebuild society until the couple hundred years pass and the water and lands are clean enough, so he's creating a system of control that allows Humanity to survive that long. Meanwhile Max just goes around blowing everything up.

It is a nearly perfect movie in every way. It's nothing groundbreaking, but it's fuckingfantastic.
Yup, just like Max f-ed up BarterTown... I think the only one where "humanity" as a whole - and focused on those he (Max) interacted with that came out better than not was Road Warrior. I suppose the few kids that ran off with him in ThunderDome are better off...but those that stayed in the valley would be fine also once they decided to "live and grow" rather than be focused on returning to "what was" - in fact that struggle is Max... Max is holding on to "what was" in terms of order etc. it deep down is his core of justice and doing what is right... that world is GONE and he is fighting against those that are trying to rebuild because those rebuilding do not fit in his thoughts of what is proper.

khorum

Murder Apologist
There's like a whole backstory to Immortan Joe and the Bullet Farmer and the People Eater (the gastown gang leader). They were the commanders of a regiment during the last water wars. Immortan Joe was Colonel Joe Moore and the Bullet Farmer was major Kalashnikov etc.

Apparently Joe Miller had developed an entire backstory for them during the decades since the last mad max movie and he has enough material for like 3 prequels to Fury Road.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yup, just like Max f-ed up BarterTown... I think the only one where "humanity" as a whole - and focused on those he (Max) interacted with that came out better than not was Road Warrior. I suppose the few kids that ran off with him in ThunderDome are better off...but those that stayed in the valley would be fine also once they decided to "live and grow" rather than be focused on returning to "what was" - in fact that struggle is Max... Max is holding on to "what was" in terms of order etc. it deep down is his core of justice and doing what is right... that world is GONE and he is fighting against those that are trying to rebuild because those rebuilding do not fit in his thoughts of what is proper.
I agree with this and when I bring it up to others they think about it and agree too. We weep for the Wretched and curse the Warboys. We have that luxury. We have the luxury of not knowing what they know. That the Wretche's plight, while tragic, probably saved human civilization. Immortan Joe and Tina Turner, while grotesque and incomprehensible to MadMax, are the saviours of humanity.

I feel like if they did any reasonable sequel to Fury Road and looked at how the citadel was a year after Fury Road the aquifer would be empty and the pumps broken.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I agree with this and when I bring it up to others they think about it and agree too. We weep for the Wretched and curse the Warboys. We have that luxury. We have the luxury of not knowing what they know. That the Wretche's plight, while tragic, probably saved human civilization. Immortan Joe and Tina Turner, while grotesque and incomprehensible to MadMax, are the saviours of humanity.

I feel like if they did any reasonable sequel to Fury Road and looked at how the citadel was a year after Fury Road the aquifer would be empty and the pumps broken.
There's more than just one way. The way Joe et al picked is fucked up. I don't blame anyone for not going along with that. The Citadel could be fine with a new leadership that doesn't straight up enslave humanity.

In this case, it wasn't even Joe, it was Furiosa that precipitated the whole thing. She had lived under his rule for 20 years, give or take. The whole subplot of the girls and the "who blew up the world" bullshit was that men like Joe are the reason they are where they are and men like Joe are leading them right back to that same outcome.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know, seemed like Joe had shit pretty under control. Maybe the reason he only trickles out a little water at a time isn't because he's a sadistic madman but because its incredibly precious and they can't afford to waste it much. He had food growing FFS, can't just dump out water left and right. What's the alternative? Live like Max or the grandmas, eating lizards and drinking your own pee?

Now Max and Furiosa come along to behead the dude and wipe out Joe's entire defense force so they are unprotected and then set a precedent as leaders to just start off dumping liquid gold on everyone's heads. How well will they take it when she realizes she can't keep that up? Or will she waste it all and then get assassinated by an angry mob?

Its no wonder Max walked away, this super idealistic commie hippie love preserve is fucked! Clearly the movie is a conservative piece outlining the dangers of liberal progressivist thinking in our modern world.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Only a bunch of former EQers would interpret Mad Max as a tragic tale of a visionary leader cut down by greedy, selfish women. Buncha goddamn catasses.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
In one of the first scenes where Joe's putting on his armor, you can see a fuckton of water bubbling behind him.

Caliane

Only a bunch of former EQers would interpret Mad Max as a tragic tale of a visionary leader cut down by greedy, selfish women. Buncha goddamn catasses.
The movie basically spells it out.

"Green place? you LEFT the green place to come here. now you want to ride "165 days" with 10 days of food and water, "that way", when again, the "Green place" was 4 hours back where you came from." "Clearly, your planing sucks."

Joe wanted his kid back.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I'm not going to crown Tina and Joe saviors of a rebuilding world yet. The story tells a lot but not THAT much! Who has true value except Joe and a couple of his old mates? No one but some breeders. How much water is there? It's a lake so possibly quite a bit. Lots of stuff we can only guess at.

There is no one way to do things and considering Furiosa just destroyed Joe's empire...are we really willing to completely dismiss her abilities already? She was a warleader for Joe. She knows his system. She didn't destroy all the warboys...just most of them and his progeny. She has the most valuable resource available and a fortress at her back. I wouldn't bet against her.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Regardless of his intentions behind severely restricting water, it was a gigantic waste to just pour it into the crowd/ground like that ~

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Regardless of his intentions behind severely restricting water, it was a gigantic waste to just pour it into the crowd/ground like that ~
Agreed, but i thought of it more like a show of power rather than his standard line of distribution.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Amazing movie.

Was it filmed at normal speed? A few scenes didnt feel natural because the actors moved so fast. Even when chilling / talking, especially in the beginning. I guess i got used to it has the film went on.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure it would be a Mad Max flick without some sped up shots.