Madame Web (2024)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I want to say ex machina is what really got Issac into popularity

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Star Wars where really only very few peope became famous from other roles, outside the franchise
Ford was the only one, In all honesty every main actor in the original Star wars had no range. Out side of acting Fisher sucked, Hammil is a voice actor, and Ford always looked like he was sweating out a hangover

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Ford was the only one, In all honesty every main actor in the original Star wars had no range.
Fisher killed her career by addiction. Hamill didn't do too bad with the voice acting and stuff. Harrison was already en route to being a star before Star Wars.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ford was the only one, In all honesty every main actor in the original Star wars had no range. Out side of acting Fisher sucked, Hammil is a voice actor, and Ford always looked like he was sweating out a hangover
James Earl Jones went on to appear in a lot of big films after the trilogy ended. his career was on a downward projection when Star Wars happened. afterward, it boosted his career and he got some more decent roles to keep him going. we all love Carrie, but she really isnt that good of an actress. her big fat tits only get you so far, but not far enough to overshadow Meryl Streep or even Cher. christ, i thought the 80s were supposed to be awesome, Cher ended up starring in a lot of dramatic roles. howd that happen?

• 1Picard

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
James is 93 years old. 🍻👑
thulsa-doom-film-characters-photo-u1

• 2Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Really it was only John Boyega and Daisy Ridley that fell off. Oscar Isaac has had enormous success, same with Adam Driver. It's almost like the talented ones continued to work.

from what i understand, Driver was already an established actor before TFA. dont quote me on that, but even still. thats not a lot of people to catch on from the Disney Star Wars films. though i think Carl Weathers also got a career boost from Mando. Ridley should have gotten something from being the star of an entire trilogy. it might just be luck of the draw. sometimes you get lucky and you make a movie like The Outsiders where most of the cast went on to become well known actors with long careers. then you got Star Wars where really only very few peope became famous from other roles, outside the franchise
I'm not sure that these big franchise movies help anyone's career. Seems like the added publicity is offset by the typecasting.

These people continue the career trajectory they had before and Daisy Ridley was a nude corpse on a forensics cop show.

Sydney Sweeny gets the publicity without the typecasting because nobody saw the movie.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm not sure that these big franchise movies help anyone's career. Seems like the added publicity is offset by the typecasting.

These people continue the career trajectory they had before and Daisy Ridley was a nude corpse on a forensics cop show.

Sydney Sweeny gets the publicity without the typecasting because nobody saw the movie.
they do help sometimes. one movie can make a person's career. the thing is what you do with your career after something like that happens. you can stick with doing those films and sequels and ride the gravy train for 10-15 years til people get tired of you or you do one and done type of films where you have a great movie and then you do something else so you can prevent typecasting and extend your career over a few decades. for women, most only have 10 to 15 years total before they have no choice but to play older roles and then get kicked out of the industry anyway.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I feel like Sweeney got way more attractive after getting popular and finally having money. In Euphoria she wasn't anything special and tbh her acting is still shit. Not saying Dakota Johnson is hot but she was ugly as hell early on in her first roles. I don't even remember when she was on The Office

View attachment 520769
Ugly as hell? The internet has warped your brain.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ugly as hell? The internet has warped your brain.

It's Homsar Homsar he can't tell actresses apart. Go read the Star Wars Prequel thread

1711019735738.png

He thought the girl on the left was Keira Knightly, middle Daisy Ridley and right Natalie Portman as Mon Mothma

And Hamill had virtually no movie career because he was forever typecast, hence why he had to build up his voice acting career. Going from Star Wars to the voice of the Joker is hardly a stellar career trajectory. Likewise appearing in Wing Commander

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Homsar

I don't know if that is Dakota but she would have been 10 years old at the time. Next you will be bringing up baby photos to somehow prove a stupid point.

Edit- lol, just looked at your Star wars photo. Touche

Screenshot_20240321-074603.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't know if that is Dakota but she would have been 10 years old at the time. Next you will be bringing up baby photos to somehow prove a stupid point.

View attachment 520834

Sharon Stone, Sydney Sweeney and Benicio del Toro at the premiere of Traffic (2001)

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is fisher one of the earliest butterfaces?
she wasnt a butterface, she just aged poorly, probably due to whatever substance she was ingesting. she was only 27 in Return Of The Jedi. by the time she was in the Burbs, she was already downgraded to mom roles at 33.
iu

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Hamill also got into an accident which left scars on his face i believe which hurt his leading role appeal, in addition to being typecast due to star wars.

I mean any actor that got THAT role would have been typecast-hell despite ALL his excellent roles Ford is either Han Solo or Indiana Jones to most people- due to the fact that ANH was What it was a phenomenon . except for a week week 4 of release-, it was #1 at the box office for over 4 and a half months. several movie theatres played it for over a Year.. think about that compared to what we see "now" at the movies. huge huge billion dollar blockbusters last MAYBE a month and a half as #1-if that.

now as to Madame Web. i will watch it Eventually, it is still 20 bucks to rent and i do not feel it warrants me doing a torrent.

• 1Picard

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Hamill also got into an accident which left scars on his face i believe which hurt his leading role appeal, in addition to being typecast due to star wars.

I mean any actor that got THAT role would have been typecast-hell despite ALL his excellent roles Ford is either Han Solo or Indiana Jones to most people- due to the fact that ANH was What it was a phenomenon . except for a week week 4 of release-, it was #1 at the box office for over 4 and a half months. several movie theatres played it for over a Year.. think about that compared to what we see "now" at the movies. huge huge billion dollar blockbusters last MAYBE a month and a half as #1-if that.

now as to Madame Web. i will watch it Eventually, it is still 20 bucks to rent and i do not feel it warrants me doing a torrent.
It will be on Netflix and MAX soon enough.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

wait. Now I'm getting confused

It's Harshaw Harshaw that couldn't recognise the mechanic from Mando in the Fallout trailer.

Why did I keep tagging you instead of Hoss Hoss I mean Haus Haus I mean Harshaw Harshaw

• 1Direct to DVD