Man of Steel

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
(I don't like comics)

So I watched Man Of Steel in good home conditions (55'LED and quite decent homecinema setup, DTS-HD and such). Well, that was a good movie. I mean fight scenes were ass-kicking, DTS-HD sound mixing was impressive and there were some really nice movie shots. To be honest, that was quite a spectacle. But then, I watched the movie without homecinema perks (work conditions : shitty 19' screen + budget headphones). And it was not so good. Writing is okay, acting isn't horrible and overall movie quality is good (Costner, Lane, Schiff, that gal from BSG, etc).

What the fuck you're even posting then ? Well problem is, unless you watch it with pristine conditions, MoS isn't that enjoyable IMO. While playing the serious card (no red panties and no cheesy gimmick events), Superman (yeah) is a-by-the-book Hollywood franchise ; while seeing the hero genesis, with USWoL-approved ways (saves a yellow bus, etc), he's an society outcast, but as soon as society is threatened, he goes by the book saving his "kind"' minus the (in)convenient kryptonite of course.

Most fight scenes nailed me on my couch, they were most of the time really well directed. That's, in my opinion, why the movie had a sub 8/10 note. Man Of Steel is the kind of movie magnified with 1080p / DTS-HD experience, which couldn't be well representend at home. On iMDBPro it's sometimes stunning how movies ratings get hit when there are BRRIP copies around, and people try to add the spectacle 1/10 note. To me MoS is a good movie with decent setup, otherwise it's glorified Smallville.

Juvarisx

Florida
Edit. Hahaha HOOOOOOOOLEY-SHIT. This panel is from 1940

sudolf2.jpg

Of course only the best dialogue would do

sudolf1.jpg

Arakkis

N00b
No, I seriously don't know. White supremacists usually hold Germans up as the originators of democratic society. I'm not sure why you would hold the Japanese in as high regard as Germans.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
whoa, who said i am an advocate for white supremacy? most WASPs hate catholics, even though i am an atheist i still am considered one. why would i be against japanese or any asians?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
they turned a much beloved character for 80 years into a cold blooded murderer.
What options did he really have in that situation? Stand by and watch at Zod just kills everyone on Earth one by one in between fistfights? It is no different than Doomsday, really. If he hadn't killed him it never would have ended.

I actually liked the movie. It could have been better in parts, cut out all of that Russell Crowe shit for one. But the guy playing Superman was good, the story was ok, and of course Michael Shannon was awesome. That part at the end with him telling Superman how fucked he was, pretty fucking good acting.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What options did he really have in that situation? Stand by and watch at Zod just kills everyone on Earth one by one in between fistfights? It is no different than Doomsday, really. If he hadn't killed him it never would have ended.
you mean other than knocking out zod and taking him into space? or building a prison with the same krypton atmosphere and locking his ass up?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
How the fuck is Clark Kent going to build some kryptonian atmosphere prison? Or knock out Zod? Did you not see him beating Zod's head against every building in Metropolis for the second half of the movie? You're just being retarded here. Zod was going to kill an entire family of people RIGHT THEN. And then he was going to turn around and kill millions more, on top of the probably hundreds of thousands he already killed. And you're talking about "build a space prison!"?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the story was written with the krypton atmosphere ship as a thing.it could easily be duplicated since the knowledge of everything krypton was implanted inside fucking superman. if supes can snap zods neck, he can knock him the fuck out. you telling me there is no middle ground?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
the story was written with the krypton atmosphere ship as a thing.it could easily be duplicated since the knowledge of everything krypton was implanted inside fucking superman. if supes can snap zods neck, he can knock him the fuck out. you telling me there is no middle ground?
How the fuck can alien technology light years away from anything humanity has conceived be "easily" duplicated?

No, there was no middle ground. Zod was killing people now, not 10 years from now as Earth's best and brightest scientists look for a way to reconstruct a kryptonian prison from a destroyed ship. Or as Superman continues to pummel Zod hoping that maybe this time he punches him with the force of a thousand trains through 20 buildings and a bunch of concrete rubble, maybe this time it will knock him out and then he can.... do what with him? Take him into space? Why? To kill him? You don't make any fucking sense.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is an origin story, dude. Superman doesn't have the Fortress of Solitude, or his super intelligent robot sidekicks, or a cadre of super friends to supplement his intellectual weakness. He's a guy from Kansas who has super powers. Have you talked to anybody from Kansas? My experience is that they are not all engineering geniuses that can adapt alien technology to imprison someone who is obviously on a genocidal rampage in less time than it takes that guy to kill 1+ people. C'mon.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How the fuck can alien technology light years away from anything humanity has conceived be "easily" duplicated?

No, there was no middle ground. Zod was killing people now, not 10 years from now as Earth's best and brightest scientists look for a way to reconstruct a kryptonian prison from a destroyed ship. Or as Superman continues to pummel Zod hoping that maybe this time he punches him with the force of a thousand trains through 20 buildings and a bunch of concrete rubble, maybe this time it will knock him out and then he can.... do what with him? Take him into space? Why? To kill him? You don't make any fucking sense.
sorry, its you not making sense here. superman can snap zod's neck with his bare hands, that means he can knock him out or just throw him into a sleeper hold. next we have the krypton world builder thing which was recreating krypton on earth. that means whatever mats supes needed for constructing another prison ship was already on earth. supes has knowledge of krypton tech inside his DNA. did you not watch this film?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
sorry, its you not making sense here. superman can snap zod's neck with his bare hands, that means he can knock him out or just throw him into a sleeper hold. next we have the krypton world builder thing which was recreating krypton on earth. that means whatever mats supes needed for constructing another prison ship was already on earth. supes has knowledge of krypton tech inside his DNA. did you not watch this film?
Superman has knowledge of krypton's DNA cloning shit in his cells from Gladiator infusing him with the codex. I don't remember them saying he has knowledge of kryptonian tech in his system. Even if he did, he obviously can't access that directly. How would he access it? Even then, he isn't a fucking engineer. How will he build it? Meanwhile, what will Zod be doing? Oh yeah, KILLING EVERYONE ON FUCKING EARTH.

He obviously couldn't knock out Zod. Do you even understand how difficult it is to knock out a normal person without killing them? He fucking superpunched Zod through the entire downtown Metropolis, shredding buildings and roads, shaking the ground with the force of them. And Zod didn't get knocked out. Even if he magically was able to knock Zod out in that instant, even after he had somehow been unable to previously, what would his plan be then? Quickly begin construction on this superprison you think he learned about in Kansas public schools? The same public school that teach creationism and shit?