Man of Steel

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
And while many died during his fights, most of kansas was due to the military interfering and attacking all involved. The metropolis fights I viewed as him being to new to the scope of his powers when going against someone else with the same capability.
Except earlier in the movie, during the fight scene with Zod's chick, he's actively going out of his way/letting himself get his ass kicked, in order to save some of the military/pilots. Hence, the whole, "For every one you save, we'll kill a million more!" remark. This side of Superman gets completely abandoned later in the movie, because large cities getting annihilated is much cooler, I guess...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think they could've put a scene in where Superman attempted to lure Zod away from metropolis and Zod responds by destroying an oprhanage skyrise.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
What if he uses his super speed to build a skyrise out of infant corpses by stacking them like cordwood?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
AF9eNOQ.jpg

Caliane

Please no, never go back to shitty kryptonite again.
Krypotonite atmosphere is better then kryptonite crystal?
The fuck? Its the same damn thing.

The problem with Metropolis being ruined is less about Superman allowing it. And more about the fact there is no catharsis in the movie over it.
we have him freaking out over killing Zod. we have a small freak out over his mom being in danger.
(where Clark totally murders like 20 people at the gas station)

People getting hurt is inevitable. Especially with a massive threat. Zod, Brianiac, Apocalypse. there will be casualties. No one expects him to save everyone.
superman being mr perfect and saving people while fighting is generally a given. and we never want to see him carelessness be the cause of an injury. so, its partially careless film-making here as well. why were those buildings occupied? why wasn't the city evacuated immediately? Synder intentionally had people stay in them for some odd reason. like the Daily planet, half way through the city being wiped out, finally saying, "hey we should leave!" lights on in the skycrapers. traffic on the streets.
This does make him look bad, as he did almost certainly get civilians killed for no reason. its pretty obvious after the 12th building, that smashing through buildings isn't going to stop Zod. so stop fucking doing it. The fight scene was poorly done. very repetitive like that.

Then again, at the end. no catharsis. the trillions in property damage, millions dead, and lingering terraforming is never addressed. you can't do that. your movie will feel hollow if you ignore things like that.

Show. don't tell. Serious flaw in the movie. we are told hes really human. hes from Kansas, S means hope, etc. None of these are really shown.
This is exactly why the original iconic image of superman putting the US flag back on top of the capitol was there. SHOWING hes an American. not telling us he is.
phantom zone is not shown at all. if this was you only introduction to it. you would have no idea what it was.

Bacon_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure why everyone is so hung up on the destruction of Metropolis. Zod is about to kill every human, hell every organism probably, on the planet. Yes, thousands of people died. I would've been disappointed otherwise. Two Kryptonians fight, one hell-bent on destruction, and you expect it to be tidy? Superman couldn't lure Zod away because Zod held all the cards. Luthor is going to profit greatly from the rebuild. Maybe not as well as his kyrptonite timeshares from Returns...

Pretty cool collection of easter eggs from the movie
http://screenrant.com/man-of-steel-m...ok-references/

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
It was an excellent movie, right up there with Avengers, people didn't seem to have a problem with all the destruction in Avengers, so what's the problem here again? You had two and more flying gods clashing what the fuck did you think was going to happen? they would go around flicking the tops off great wonders of the world and superman would fly in to fix them? Oh he didn't think of the people and taking the fight elsewhere! First day on the job and he was basically going from one fight into the next and did you really think he had a choice where to fight all 3 of them? They didn't give a shit they were going to kill the entire human race regardless of what Kal-El wanted, so he did what had to do to get rid of them.

Looking at this movie compared to the rest is like comparing the 60's batman series to the new batman trilogy, I love the superman movies even the shitty superman returns but they needed to make this more realistic to today's world. The destruction in this movie is what you should expect would happen in any fight with Zod, Darksied, Doomsday etc. If you didn't enjoy it then I feel sorry for you that you can't enjoy a good movie with action anymore, sit over there and watch Prometheus the rest of your life I suppose. There are obvious flaws to the movie and a couple things bothered me as was with Avengers, but the length(man of steel and avengers are both 143 mins btw) and the action that everyone seems to want to barrel on was just fine.

All the easter eggs were great and liked that they used actors from the Smallville series. Also Hans Zimmer made this movie epic with his music, every scene was setup perfect with it.

I don't follow rotten tomatoes ratings, I use to read here for reviews on movies but sadly it seems this place is turning to shit like rotten tomatoes on reliable reviews, just fuck off with the stupid trolling already.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
So equivalent to almost twenty 9/11's?

Thanks superman

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea I mean what the FUCK, the REAL Superman would have flown around the world backwards really fast and turned back time and stopped Zod properly afterwords. I mean WTF were the writers thinking not using that AMAZING plot device from the older movies.

sole

Molten Core Raider
I hope Goyer and co. make this a trilogy about Superman becoming Superman. They made Superman a flawed and conflicted personality, and it's a story that's never really been fleshed out. I think I heard the word "Superman" one time in the movie. I thought they did a great job of capturing that bit, and I really hope that's the direction of the story line.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope Goyer and co. make this a trilogy about Superman becoming Superman. They made Superman a flawed and conflicted personality, and it's a story that's never really been fleshed out. I think I heard the word "Superman" one time in the movie. I thought they did a great job of capturing that bit, and I really hope that's the direction of the story line.
I would have loved if this first movie would have been made into a trilogy. All the Easter eggs they put in concerning Krypton could have been flushed out in the first movie. Things like the moon having been destroyed thus leading to the ban on space flight. This would have explained a "Little" better as to why the citizens did not just leave the planet.

1st Movie : Krypton

They could have gone into all the character development with the council, General Zod and Superman's father. The acts that led to the rebellion, which of course could have been shown in all its glory. They could have even explored the phantom zone a little bit more. Why was the moon destroyed? Who was the really large Kryptonian character and why was he so large? So many small stories that could have been flushed out and explained. This story would have been fantastic and different. The end of the story would of course culminate with the explosion of Krypton and Superman being sent to Earth.

2nd Movie: Superman

This would be the Smallville aspect of the story that would have shown all the adaptations he had to make growing up. Yes this story has been told dozens of times, but with good character development and writing a person could perhaps "Feel" what it would have been like to be a boy that could never reveal the truth. He has to make difficult descisions as to when he reveals what he can do and when he does not. He would grow up and the story could even continue a bit into being an adult who is still unsure of what he is supposed to do. Ending this story could either be when he becomes Superman or when he is first shown the path towards becoming Superman.

3rd movie: General ZoD

He returns, but now you have a much better understanding of what he represents. The strife that Superman goes through destroying his own kind only having just found them could be more profound. In the movie I was actually on General Zod's side when he was on Krypton. What General Zod said to the council on Krypton made sense, which kind of flustered me a bit since he was supposed to be the villain. This is why the story really needed to be flushed out a bit more.

This is a brief summation of how I wish the story could have been told.