[Manga] Bleach (spoilers to current)

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I assume Kenpachi's bankai will be a third arm that sprouts from his chest. CAN YOU IMAGINE THE POWER OF WIELDING A SWORD WITH THREE ARMS INSTEAD OF TWO. ERMGAHD!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I took the last part to mean that Ichigo was able to do all this so far on his own power, meaning once he sexes up Zangetsu again he'll be in cheat mode and rape the hell out of the evil Quincies.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Confirmed Quincy mom.

rrr_img_15272.png

Phaint_sl

shitlord
Does Kubo forget what he writes in previous chapters or some shit? Like Tram said, he wrote it like it was a super secret revelation and we're all supposed to be like ERMAHGERD NO WAI!!! I swear this guy is on drugs for sure no joke...

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Ah but the key is she called herself Masaki Kurosaki. So Ichigo's last name isn't from Isshin...but from his mom. So, does that mean Isshin is not Ichigo's real father. Did he take her name? Or did Masaki get killed by the Quincy for siding or showing sympathy for the Shinigami? TK said Grand Fisher wasn't her real killer. Shit, were they truly married and he just banged her and knocked her up? Mini side note - Isshin is confirmed as a captain though his haori and about a 100 other clues over the years hinted 99% that this was the case.

After rereading it, I am getting a serious Orihime vibe from Masaki. Doesn't Orihimi and Ichigo both have orange hair? 50/50 we have a Luke and Leia situation here.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We always knew Isshin's last name wasn't truly Kurosaki. If it was, everyone in Soul Society would have KNOWN who Ichigo was, as they would have remembered a Captain Kurosaki. We're still under the impression that Isshin ran, abandoned or is in hiding from Soul Society, so him taking up his wife's name (probably the woman he abandoned all of that for) isn't too far-fetched.

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
We always knew Isshin's last name wasn't truly Kurosaki. If it was, everyone in Soul Society would have KNOWN who Ichigo was, as they would have remembered a Captain Kurosaki. We're still under the impression that Isshin ran, abandoned or is in hiding from Soul Society, so him taking up his wife's name (probably the woman he abandoned all of that for) isn't too far-fetched.
I always considered it a bit of a plothole(But what fucking isn't in Bleach?) that none of the fifty odd Shinigami Captains, Lieutenants, and Grunts which were downed during the Aizen battles didn't even seem to notice that Isshin was even there. Not one of them even stated afterwards: Who the fuck was that guy who could taken on Aizen 1 v 1 and put him through a building by flipping him in the forehead by a single finger? That's on the level of Yamamoto and these ridiculous royal guard, so HOW DID NOONE FUCKING NOTICE? And yeah I'm aware that he hides his reiatsu super well in Shinigami mode, that doesn't mean he can make it so he's invisible to them if they just fucking look up.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah have any of the former Vaizards even made hint that they know/knew Isshin at some point in their past? You'd think one of those old relics would have recognized him. And thinking about it, who all was still conscious when Isshin showed up? I'll have to check back. Maybe Yamamoto noticed him but its not like we'll hear anything from him about Isshin now...

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Isshin must have been a recent captain since he met Ichigo's mom who was a human, so he couldn't have been one centuries ago.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thats where the inconsistencies lie. Practically all divisions history of Captains from the Pendulum arc to the present is accounted for, and Isshin is no where in this.

Unless....UNLESS he only served as a Captain for a very, very short time prior to his abandonment.

Edit: After a little research its possible Isshin is from the 10th Division. Little is known about their history, and its known they hadn't had a Captain prior to Toshiro's promotion in a while. Shunsui/Unohana both claimed the former Captain died.

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
Isshin must have been a recent captain since he met Ichigo's mom who was a human, so he couldn't have been one centuries ago.
Unless she was from the mysterious FASCIST QUINCY WORLD(Oh sorry, the Vanderreich, what the fuck ever) which is making all of these fucking new Quincies immortal apparently.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Isshin Shiba obviously.
Asmadai_sl said:
After a little research its possible Isshin is from the 10th Division. Little is known about their history, and its known they hadn't had a Captain prior to Toshiro's promotion in a while. Shunsui/Unohana both claimed the former Captain died.
Seriously, Kubo must be lurking Rerolled for his plot. Christ.

But honestly the timeline is still off there. It seems like this stuff is taking place post-Pendulum arc, which means it's within at most the past 100 years. As easier as it would have been to fit Isshin in the Pendulum era, he's thrown him into a more recent time, contradicting himself.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hang on a second... so wouldn't Rukia know on sight her best friend's relative who was one of the Captains? Didn't she live with him in the first Manga Arc and didn't say a word!?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck is a Rukia? Oh, you mean a character from when bleach was good.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hang on a second... so wouldn't Rukia know on sight her best friend's relative who was one of the Captains? Didn't she live with him in the first Manga Arc and didn't say a word!?
You know Urahara probaby had a hand in this with his Gigai. He probably made it so it erased memories of Isshin when she donned the suit. According to the wikia Rukia has been part of the gotei for at least 40 years prior to her encounter with Ichigo so it is for certain that she would have been aware of Isshin.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I kind of wonder how long Kubo's been sitting on this backstory (like with Unohana), because for once it doesn't feel like half a retcon. ;p