[manga] Everything Else

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Wait, what's WDQK/TGR? Also I'm assuming you are reading them at their original spot? I don't think any of them have been translated up to 1000 chapters.
BTTH is done (side novel is also done, i think), WDQK is done, TGR is a few hundred from translation completion.

wu dong qian kun (WDQK) is manhwa as martial movement upheaval.

The great Ruler (TGR) will tie in btth/wdqk.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
BTTH = battle through the heavens, right? Are you talking about the light novel/source material or the manhwa from them (also what's the chinese version of manhwa)?

Also, new Solo Leveling is out. I'm digging the direction.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
BTTH = battle through the heavens, right? Are you talking about the light novel/source material or the manhwa from them (also what's the chinese version of manhwa)?

Also, new Solo Leveling is out. I'm digging the direction.
yes, btth is either btth or also called doupo cangqiong

source, all these manhwas are just stealing from chinese wuxia stories and fag up the main char a bit.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
God of Martial Arts is pretty good if you haven't been keeping up with that one.

Journey to the West has a new manhua out drawn by the same guy who does City of Darkness and did Feng Shen Ji (I think it was called?). Awesomesauce art, seriously great stuff.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
God of Martial Arts is pretty good if you haven't been keeping up with that one.
the novel was only "ok" the is called peerless martial god (PMG), it just finished translating, and now they're working on PMG2, i'd say it's the worst of the bunch.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I plowed through Solo Leveling in 2 days. Chapter 53 is out tomorrow, which is good shit. I just started reading A Returner's Magic, and I'm really enjoying that as well. Currently on chapter 10. This is another fun series.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
To be honest I can only stand chinese wuxia in limited doses, because apart from the world building it often boils down to "muh revenge" or "muh cultivation".

I was really surprised when a chinese manhua broke that mold, including interesting world building and humor. I recommend you: Retired Heroes

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Chapter 53 out of Solo Leveling. Fucking delicious. Was the A ranker stronger than Igris? Or is Igris fusing with him?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Chapter 53 out of Solo Leveling. Fucking delicious. Was the A ranker stronger than Igris? Or is Igris fusing with him?
No, the A ranker is "knight class" and starts at level 1 and is basically a tank, while Igris (I think called Ygritte in the LN translation) is DPS.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
So is Igris fusing with the A ranker? Because main character says "Arise" after killing the A Ranker.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
No, they remain separate. "Arise" is used as a spell to add a dead body to his growing collection of undead shadows.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm loving the zeke torture, though I wish I could have like a 2 paragraph explainer on where the plot actually is.

The Scout Corps captured a bunch of Marley soldiers who defected because they were actually from nations conquered by Marley, they helped them gather intelligence about the world, catch up with technology, establish a port and start foreign resturants. Secretly at least some of them were working for Zeke, including their leader. Eren left to attack Marley on his own, probably establishing contact with his half brother, Zeke. He destroyed Marley's military leadership and the Eldian ghetto they were meeting in, turning the world against the Eldians behind the walls. This seemed somewhat counterproductive and out of character, he may be influenced by the memories of the previous Attack Titans or by Zeke. The Scout Corps rescued him and locked him up.

Zeke has been injecting people with his spinal fluid, this allows him to transform them into titans (Connie's villiage, Levi's squad) and is potentially controlling Eren in this way. Large parts of the military seem to have drank wine with this spinal fluid in it and could turn at any moment, but not the main characters. It's unknown what Zeke's motives are, he claims that he wants to free the Eldians and defeat Marley but clearly this will be with him in control, he could possibly still be working for Marley or have his own motives though he only has one year to live. There's also a rebellion against the Scout Corps/Military because they locked up Eren who is seen as a hero/saviour who will save them from Marley.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ive been reading every night since you said their were many that followed the trope of learned knowledge and gone through everything up to current. Now im going to start on BTTH and that should take me through the week.