[Manga] Naruto (warning: spoilers up to current chapter)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is he famous for being copy ninja kakashi or the son of the white fang?
cuz these old guys seemed to care about the latter
rrr_img_66501.jpg

hell kakashi's had that eye for over half his life, this is about the first time we've seen someone get de-powered, aside from 1-legged might guy.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Glad we finally get to see infinite tsukiyomi. The big question I wish they'd answer is how Sasuke isn't completely immune or easily able to break out of it. I imagine we'll see that he is in fact able to break out of it like a boss and infinite tsukiyomi is a piece of a shit jutsu in the first place.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well I think without the unplanned Sage power up for Naruto and Sasuke that everyone would be fucked at this point, so you can't really say that it's a piece of shit jutsu. They will however probably hold hands, combine those sun/moon symbols and shatter the tsukiyomi world with the power of life partnership.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I guess when I say 'piece of shit jutsu', it's a silly jutsu that would never work. It's like any super powerful world-ending macguffin the antagonist uses in a fiction you know will end well.

It's not like, say, the attractive/repulsive jutsu in the deva path of pain which has interesting combat situations for the protagonist to overcome. I'm interesting in seeing how it plays out, but I suspect it'll end like you say, with a naruto/sasuke fusion dance.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The filler arc was good but they are finally back to the war arc this week. Great episode. The animation quality had seemingly gotten better, maybe its just me. This episode seemed like it was animated a step up from previous ones.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They have multiple studios that do the animation, can usually tell when they're going to use the "A" team on critical episodes.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just came out of left field too, or maybe not. I specifically downloaded those episodes so I didn't know if they did that with other major fights at that point.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nah that was the only one I remember other than a flashback of the Nine Tails attacking Konoha (I think). They ruined that fight with that shitty art style, imo.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I had been watching the anime since the first season and actually stopped because of the Pein arc. That was the fight I was looking forward to the most of any fight and it was completely ruined. Since then I haven't watched a single anime episode. Yeah it's silly but it pissed me off that much.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm about to hit the big stretch of pre-Shippuden filler, and it's been recommended that I skip it. Is the filler bad, or just pointless? Cause I might watch it if it's only pointless.

Column_sl

shitlord
There might be one ,or two arcs in there that all right , but most of it was god awful.
It went on for like 2 years, or something.

It's basically like watching the shitty Naruto movies, but in a much longer format.

PKS

N00b
Mostly pointless, mostly bad, and for around 80 episodes in a row. My god it was such a long wait that it probably converted very large portion of the 'anime only' to manga readers and on top of that the initial Shippuden episodes weren't that great either. Maybe in 5 years time post Naruto manga you can pray for the studio to do a HQ remake of the show w/ canon material only, 45 minute long episodes. It's a pain to see normal episodes have the tiresome battle of filling out time due to the manga - anime race, then a filler arc, then a long drawn out manga episode. Something something FMA Brotherhood esque.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't get it, why would anyone bother watching filler episodes. You already know it's not cannon and there is no character progression.