Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I actually waffled on the card if I should buy one since I didn't for our first anniversary. My reasoning there was because we were in Hawaii so she actually had to pack the card in the luggage simply to give me on the day. She seemed a bit peeved last year I didn't get one so I pulled the trigger this year. Not like I actually give a damn about her getting me a card or not since I'm a guy.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
1. Kill bird.
2. Tell her its head fell off.
3. Go on road trip.
4. Don't come back.

Follow these four easy steps and you will have done right by everyone, including yourself.

rrr_img_133991.jpg

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bare in mind if I spend any length of time on my laptop/phone at her place she starts her shit up, because I should be a vegetable on the couch watching whatever mediocre show, because consuming mediocre tv programming is ok of we're both doing it.
The disgust for each other in your relationship is palpable. Sounds like it is time to move on.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
She's in clinging mode, everytime it blows up and I walk out on her she is calling and messaging me a day later to apologize.

The relationship is dead at this point, Im basically just helping her, keeping her company.

Guilt is the only thing keeping me attached, I want her to be in an emotionally stable place--but she, like the bird, has the luxury of being in an ok enough survival situation, that she can afford to be an emotional wreck. And here is where we are.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just let her tear out her feathers dude. It's not your problem.

I did the same with my ex, and it was a giant waste of time and sanity. Now she's with someone else and 1000% happy. Let both your birds go.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
She's in clinging mode, everytime it blows up and I walk out on her she is calling and messaging me a day later to apologize.

The relationship is dead at this point, Im basically just helping her, keeping her company.

Guilt is the only thing keeping me attached, I want her to be in an emotionally stable place--but she, like the bird, has the luxury of being in an ok enough survival situation, that she can afford to be an emotional wreck. And here is where we are.
Did she give birth to the bird? I'm pretty sure she has postpartum depression.

I guess what I'm asking is are you fucking a giant bird/woman hybrid?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
My anniversary was yesterday. I got my wife a card and she didn't get me one. I'm going to lord it over her for a while. Her reasoning was because I didn't get her a card last year she thought we weren't doing cards.
Same thing happened this year with valntine's day. She claimed she thought we weren't doing gifts because we didn't do them last year. Then I reminded her what we got each other last year, but added, hey that's cool though, if you don't wanna do V-day gifts anymore I'm cool with that. I don't need the stress and V-day is too close to your birthday anyway. That means I not only got to lord it over her for a month or 2, but I'm also forever off the hook from valentines day gifts in the future. The exchange even went down in email so I have proof at my fingertips if she tries to get mad next year.

Also, the thing I got her was an electric smoker, so it was kind of a gift for me too cause she's making some good meat with that thing.

#winning

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Did she give birth to the bird? I'm pretty sure she has postpartum depression.

I guess what I'm asking is are you fucking a giant bird/woman hybrid?
Large Breasts but the vagina is pretty huge... and poop and pee comes out of it. It's a coclea. She has a bird coclea.

Tenks

Luckily my wife already doesn't care about hallmark holidays so I'm off the hook for Valentines, Sweetest and all that shit

We chat over email all day long. Is that not normal?
I email my wife. We use email because its somewhat tactless to constantly check your SMS in a meeting and if I actually really do need to get ahold of her I want the SMS to convey some urgency.

lindz

#DDs
We text throughout the day. Used to email constantly, but that was kind of phased out. He also calls me on the commute home every day.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Wife and I text all day. I only email her if I'm forwarding an email or something from school.

Tenks

I should also note we don't really email that often. We send maybe, MAYBE a dozen emails total a week back and forth. I'm going to see her when I get home nothing is that urgent we need to talk now. Usually the emails consist of "Do you need something at the store?" or a thought I had that I know I'll forget before I talk with her. But we've already established in this thread I communicate with my partner far less than most so I wouldn't consider our interaction the norm.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Maybe it's why I'm single but outside of things like what time are you off or what's the plan for dinner, I don't see weekday you need to talk about with your S/O during your standard work day.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just use mightytext on my pc to text her, that way I never look at my phone at work.

I used to call my wife on the way home but it sucked ass. I needed that time to decompress a little.

Tenks

Maybe it's why I'm single but outside of things like what time are you off or what's the plan for dinner, I don't see weekday you need to talk about with your S/O during your standard work day.
You just need to find a girl who doesn't value constant communication too much. Maybe its a rarity these days since everyone is always connected, not sure. Personally I'd be driven batty if my wife constantly called/texted/emailed me and expected fast responses. Shit I get irritated when my friend texts me too much about the Bengals.