Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Some of us just stick to certain sections for the most part. I rarely post outside here so likely only known by the frequenters of the Grown Up section.

Ditto, I keep up on a lot of threads, but don't post very often outside of here.

I did end up sitting down with the Ex a couple of weeks ago, it was right before my trip to Denver so I may have forgotten to post. It all went really well, we met for lunch and ended up talking for almost 4 hours. She was super on board with everything, she even started the whole thing off by apologizing for asking me about the food stamps thing. I think she was concerned when I asked her to lunch to talk and didn't tell her about what, other than "Just want to go over some child support stuff, and a couple other things", to be honest.

But yeah, we had everything hashed out in the first hour or so and then just shot the shit for a couple more hours. Just catching up and talking one on one, it went much better than I could have hoped.

Also, on a little side note, shes been talking about moving (just to a new rental) and ended up doing that this last weekend. This is the first time out of her 4 moves that she didn't ask me to help. We stopped by her new place Sunday night to drop my sons Kindle Fire off, and she gave us the tour. I liked her old place just fine, but this one is so much better, super nice yard, big backyard with trees, and she said its the exact same rent as her last place. So anyway, all that made me happy too.

Nothing else exciting happening.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Dinner was served when I had 3 minutes left in a match, 3 minutes proved to be far too long and i'm a total piece of shit that never communicates.

#goingay

I got out a stopwatch once and started keeping a cumulative day timer of all the times she made me wait for her, and I'd even the time out anytime she asked me for anything.

Guess how that went over

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yep, story of being married. The souls games not being able to be paused has caused many flash fire fights in our house over the last year because of it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yep, story of being married. The souls games not being able to be paused has caused many flash fire fights in our house over the last year because of it.
Yeah, I've learned that playing Souls games requires nobody to be around me.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Most of the times G was upset with me were because: 1. I have no concept of how long activities take me...thereby resulting in me arriving late to home and 2. My caution with money...I am practically minded with regard to "stuff"...I do regret not buying him the truck he wanted, though. :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh you just got to go with the flow. I know what pisses her off and she knows what pisses me off. So we both try to be accommodating to each other. Shit used to piss me off more back in the day. Now I shrug it off like a pro.

the gaming thing, I try to do it when she goes to bed. This usually leaves me about 4-5 hours of uninterrupted gaming time from like 9-10PM to 2AM. I dont have to be to work until like 9-9:30 and I live like 5 min away. So I can get my ass up at 8:30 and still be early for work, lol.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I try not to game on night's we're home together usually, unless i tell her in advance - for instance with the wow expac dropping there will be a few private nights for me.

Sometimes she'll want to read or something and I just play games, it works out fine, but I always try to do stuff together on those nights if that's what she wants.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
For dinner, I just fix it up and once it's ready just set it on the ottoman for the BF while he's playing OW or whatever else. I just read forums until he can save or is finished his match and then we watch an episode of South Park while we eat, then back to doing other shit. The only issue I've noticed so far is he loves to chat with me while I'm in the middle of a boss fight while raiding, so that usually ends up being some really awkward multi-tasking trying to listen to him while listening to people on mumble while trying not to fuck up.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I kind of like that my wife does not game. I mean, yeah she plays her scrabble shit on the phone for hours, but im talking like raiding with the crew. I think our house would degrade at that point. I game, my kids game, and if my wife gamed too I dont think anything would get done. Fucking pizza, pop, and mess. I like that my wife does not game because it keeps me in check. I know that I cant just wake up on sat and game all fucking day long because she would get pissed. If she gamed as well we would both be playing all weekend long.

• 1Solidarity

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

And it's like they have a radar in the same spot of their brain as the sexy time radar, where they won't bother you at all as you are clearing the trash, but as soon as you pop through that boss fog.... they are right there needing instant attention right now!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Luckily we just have a small apartment and aren't going to have any kids, so it's just us and the new kitten. Not too much really needs to be done to keep the place tidy. BF usually works 3-11 shifts so I only really cook on the nights he's off work then he'll help me take care of dishes. We've kind of silently settled in to taking care of certain things around the apartment on our own. He just grabs trash and bottle returns on his way out the door to work, I'll clean the sinks after using them if I notice they're getting dirty and sometimes I'll just vacuum because I feel like it. We each do our own laundry and will just grab the towels or sheets while we're doing that. Just in general we seem to have a good habit of just doing little bits of cleaning here and there just as we sit it so nothing really ever builds up into a giant mess.

lindz

#DDs
I kind of like that my wife does not game. I mean, yeah she plays her scrabble shit on the phone for hours, but im talking like raiding with the crew. I think our house would degrade at that point. I game, my kids game, and if my wife gamed too I dont think anything would get done. Fucking pizza, pop, and mess. I like that my wife does not game because it keeps me in check. I know that I cant just wake up on sat and game all fucking day long because she would get pissed. If she gamed as well we would both be playing all weekend long.

That very much happens. When we're both playing an MMO - at least in that initial rush while leveling or whatever - life kind of takes a backseat. I feel a little bad for our kids during those weeks, and our house goes to shit. I mean, we both pick up after ourselves, but holy shit if we don't stay on top of the kids stuff...

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
That very much happens. When we're both playing an MMO - at least in that initial rush while leveling or whatever - life kind of takes a backseat. I feel a little bad for our kids during those weeks, and our house goes to shit. I mean, we both pick up after ourselves, but holy shit if we don't stay on top of the kids stuff...

This is why I can't really play MMO's anymore, kids are needy.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I just wouldnt feel right. Even though my kids are now 14 and 12, and they are both like out of our lives at this point (teenagers hate parents) I still would not feel right just gaming all day long. Sat and Sunday im hanging by my pool sipping on beers.

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since having children I told my wife I would still like to beat at least 1 game a year. This usually occurs around Christmas and I just marathon a game out. I have a shelf full of unopened Ps3 games that I have picked up for next to nothing in the bargain bins.
Like many others my wife seems to only want my attention when she knows I would like to be left alone. she is always late for everything but gets bent out of shape if I am even a little late( I am rarely late so she assumes it must be to prove a point).

Now if it's important to me I either meet her there or verbally say I do not want to be late to this. It's frustrating to be honest because when I act like a dick to something I want we are make it on time but otherwise we are always late.

Nester

Vyemm Raider

This so much,

I scream "FUCK NOOO" when I died with a boss one hit away for the 5th time and my wife comes running "whats wrong? are you hurt"...nope, monster ate me..

No matter how many monsters eat me, she still comes running to see if I fell down the stairs (again)

She is good.

• 1Like