Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
No kidding. You're sitting there wondering what you did with your life while your stepdaughter is yelling "You can't tell me what to do, you aren't my real dad" on her way out the door to her Dogfart.com audition.

All this bitching and no link to the stepdaughter's audition vid. I am disappoint.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
"if you're over 24 and not in a relationship, just accept you're going to get random, single-mom strange."

Fixed. "Just accept X" is just a fallacious line that worn-out whores use in an attempt to get men to capitulate to their needs. It's just fear-mongering. "If you don't accept this shitty or sub-par situation, you're going to be alone for the rest of your life!!! Is that what you want!?!!". It's a boogeyman that women have invented to "scare" weak men into conforming.

I don't understand this recent generation of men that are so utterly fucking terrified of being alone. They go from womb, to tit, to "momma's boy", to being completely afraid of what life might be like "alone", without a "mommy" as it were. They transition from mommy to wife without almost nothing between. The real test for a man is how he lives with himself, alone. Very few men ever truly allow themselves to be alone and learn real independence and self-reliance.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fixed. "Just accept X" is just a fallacious line that worn-out whores use in an attempt to get men to capitulate to their needs. It's just fear-mongering. "If you don't accept this shitty or sub-par situation, you're going to be alone for the rest of your life!!! Is that what you want!?!!". It's a boogeyman that women have invented to "scare" weak men into conforming.

I don't understand this recent generation of men that are so utterly fucking terrified of being alone. They go from womb, to tit, to "momma's boy", to being completely afraid of what life might be like "alone", without a "mommy" as it were. They transition from mommy to wife without almost nothing between. The real test for a man is how he lives with himself, alone. Very few men ever truly allow themselves to be alone and learn real independence and self-reliance.
Oh I'm not saying I believed the meme, the talk on step-dad just triggered it in my memory.

I'm 26, haven't been in a serious, committed relationship in 6 years. I cook for myself, do my own laundry, and generally if I want to get something done, I have to do it myself. Pay my own bills, etc. I think I'm about as independent as it gets, and I question if I could ever be in a relationship again sometimes just because I refuse to change who I am or how I am.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
On the topic of dating single moms -

I don't understand how any man can genuinely want to help raise another man's spawn. Then there's all the potential drama of dealing with "real" dad, custody, picking up/dropping off/etc. Having your own kids is headache enough. Raising somebody else's? No fucking thank you.
I would have said the same thing, before I had gotten involved with my current girlfriend.

nuday

Golden Squire
Wait, does everybody assume that if you're a single parent that dating = marriage? I'm fucked if that's the case. Not literally, though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Looks like my brother in law is finally breaking it off with his evil bitch of a girlfriend. They're the two idiots that bought a house together after dating for 2 years.

She actually thought he would just sign it over to her too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
Looks like my brother in law is finally breaking it off with his evil bitch of a girlfriend. They're the two idiots that bought a house together after dating for 2 years.

That just makes me say "oh geez"

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'd like to think most of us are vastly different than our online personas

Other than the fact that I'm an introvert IRL, I'm exactly the same.

That may work. You still run into the "YOU'RE NOT MY DAD" potential. I'd need to know she's not a weak parent basically, I'm not interested in raising someone's else brat.

I don't understand the fear of that retort. You act like kids are never insolent to their biological parents. Without the "not my real dad" defense, she'll just have no power over you and have to be good?

If it works for you, great. Live and let live. I just won't ever understand how men can rationalize it, that's all.

Whatever man. It's not like adoption is uncommon. 140k children a year are certainly happy other people can rationalize it.

• 1Like

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Like I said in my original post, I have basically zero interest in raising someone else's kids. Shit, I don't even think I want to have or raise my own.

I'm not as much of a cunt about it as Kirun, though.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Other than the fact that I'm an introvert IRL, I'm exactly the same.

I don't understand the fear of that retort. You act like kids are never insolent to their biological parents. Without the "not my real dad" defense, she'll just have no power over you and have to be good?

Whatever man. It's not like adoption is uncommon. 140k children a year are certainly happy other people can rationalize it.
I wouldn't say it's fear. Just not something I care to deal with.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Like I said in my original post, I have basically zero interest in raising someone else's kids. Shit, I don't even think I want to have or raise my own.

It's all good. If you know what you want and don't want, it's pretty easy to avoid it.

That said, the pool of childless women(who don't have even worse baggage)gets smaller and smaller as you get older. I'm 40 as of this year and have dated many women, all of whom had no kids. None of them were half as awesome as my current girlfriend.

• 1Like

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
It's all good. If you know what you want and don't want, it's pretty easy to avoid it.

That said, the pool of childless women(who don't have even worse baggage)gets smaller and smaller as you get older. I'm 40 as of this year and have dated many women, all of whom had no kids. None of them were half as awesome as my current girlfriend.
single mid 20 something woman with no kids got so many options that they couldn't care less how they would treat their boyfriends anyhow. those that treat their bf well are already taken in early 20 and are locked in.

men are the best options if you are into those things. I encourage all straight men to try it out.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>

Pfftt they practically raise themselves. Also I hate children, not my child but children as a whole. Wife had a get together at our house with like 10 friends all with kids. My beautiful clean home that I am accustomed to coming home to after work look liked a frat parry had been thrown.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
men are the best options if you are into those things. I encourage all straight men to try it out.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Depending how much of the house has been paid off, maybe he should.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not a lawyer, he should definitely go talk to one about this(and more), but giving her the home actually seems like a good thing for him.