Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just so we are clear if the house was financed in both their names there is absolutely nothing he can do to change that short of bankruptcy. He can give up all claim and ownership to the house and it will make no difference to the bank. Hopefully the evil bitch has a good job and she can refinance the house in her name only otherwise his name is stuck on the loans.
Neither of them can afford it on their own

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Neither of them can afford it on their own

Either owner can force a sale, you have to file a suit for partition and when the other owner won't buy them out (or can't) then the judge will order it sold.

If the other owner is a dick then the first owner might have to make the payments until the sale, but they can take that back as part of the partition if they have records.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
No you must go back to the suave looking black guy... Just like Gravy was always a black football player, you were the black guy with the hat.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Like I told my last wife, I said "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Either owner can force a sale, you have to file a suit for partition and when the other owner won't buy them out (or can't) then the judge will order it sold.

If the other owner is a dick then the first owner might have to make the payments until the sale, but they can take that back as part of the partition if they have records.

That is true, so I stand corrected. He could force the sale of the house. Cad I'm curious what if the sale is short of paying off the loan on the house and the bank refuses to accept the sale. What happens then?

Short aside. After my divorce I was way upside down on our mortgage. I was more than willing to take out a personal loan for the difference between the sale and the amount of the loan but the bank I was with would absolutely not work with me. It was strange they said their hands were tied unless we were not current on the mortgage. Their personnel were telling us to stop paying on the mortgage. I found this really hard to believe but that was the way the bureaucracy worked. So we eventually did what they said we should do. We stopped paying on the mortgage. We applied for a short sale, bank finally approved it and at the end of it, the loan was wiped out. By my estimate the bank was out about 50k because of this. Just so it is clear no one told us not to pay our mortgage they just said over and over there is nothing we can do if you are current on your mortgage, the message was pretty clear to us.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
That is true, so I stand corrected. He could force the sale of the house. Cad I'm curious what if the sale is short of paying off the loan on the house and the bank refuses to accept the sale. What happens then?

Short aside. After my divorce I was way upside down on our mortgage. I was more than willing to take out a personal loan for the difference between the sale and the amount of the loan but the bank I was with would absolutely not work with me. It was strange they said their hands were tied unless we were not current on the mortgage. Their personnel were telling us to stop paying on the mortgage. I found this really hard to believe but that was the way the bureaucracy worked. So we eventually did what they said we should do. We stopped paying on the mortgage. We applied for a short sale, bank finally approved it and at the end of it, the loan was wiped out. By my estimate the bank was out about 50k because of this. Just so it is clear no one told us not to pay our mortgage they just said over and over there is nothing we can do if you are current on your mortgage, the message was pretty clear to us.

Banks do stupid shit but that doesn't have anything to do with the legality of it. If you're short then when the judge orders it sold you'll have to go through a short sale and you'll have X months to complete the short sale. If the bank doesn't approve it and you can't sell it you'll probably just get foreclosed on, or you can make the payments yourself. If the other owner obstructs the sale after the judge orders it sold you can get them held in contempt and monetary sanctions or jail time can apply.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I really don't know what they're doing and if I'm completely honest I don't care. It was one of the most retarded decisions I'd ever seen.

Also they bought a house that was nearly 100k more than ours and renovated it. The entire process was bonkers.

Glad it ain't me.

• 1Like

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
So, since the old posts are added, I may have been reading a little. Incidentally, starting sober and backtracking while drinking made the sad posts sadder and the funny posts funnier - go figure. I only got to July of last year before I realized how MUCH has happened to several people in this here thard. Damn.
OK - continue, thank you.

• 3Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Did you get to the ohnoes rebound sex?

That was a pretty great arc.

I think he bought like $300 in sex toys one weekend and posted us his shopping list. And then provided proof.

We shit on him for being a manchild, but it's only because we don't ever want him to grow up.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I finally decided to start reading this thread and it just makes me happier in my marriage, lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
OK - missed that - may have to go on a hunt....unless that is a Snipe hunt then, will just get ready to go watch the Chiefs in some pre-season.
Did read including but not limited to: Tarrant's woes, Wormie stuff, Eomer stuff, Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle toys, lube discussion, some Ones stuff, some Chaos and Noodle stuff, LD, Soy and Cad typing kindly of their respectives, a couple of references to weddings, coathanger dick remarks, corn hole and lawn darts, boudoir photography and vids of hotdogs being tossed down hallways. Some decent advice given, some meh. A ton of funny. YAY.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This thread puts it all out there, dangles it around a bit, and snaps it back in a thong when it's done.

iannis

Musty Nester
Onoes might have had it in a SS thread, I don't honestly remember.

Shit was funny though. He went sex crazy for about 2 months and then got a couple of women that went insane on him.

And he fucked some married woman while she was on the phone with her husband. And it sounded like a scene from some really depressing movie. At least he had the decency to regret that one.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
OK - missed that - may have to go on a hunt....unless that is a Snipe hunt then, will just get ready to go watch the Chiefs in some pre-season.
Did read including but not limited to: Tarrant's woes, Wormie stuff, Eomer stuff, Teenage Mutant Ninja turtle toys, lube discussion, some Ones stuff, some Chaos and Noodle stuff, LD, Soy and Cad typing kindly of their respectives, a couple of references to weddings, coathanger dick remarks, corn hole and lawn darts, boudoir photography and vids of hotdogs being tossed down hallways. Some decent advice given, some meh. A ton of funny. YAY.

Thanks Ms. Gravy, I try to talk her up a bit in case I leave my computer unlocked and she reads my posts. :D

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Onoes might have had it in a SS thread, I don't honestly remember.

Shit was funny though. He went sex crazy for about 2 months and then got a couple of women that went insane on him.

And he fucked some married woman while she was on the phone with her husband. And it sounded like a scene from some really depressing movie. At least he had the decency to regret that one.
Well the car thread was definitely in SS or Grown up forum and I think separate

Also there was the Jurassic Park truck

Also gave his kids the middle name "Awesome" and something else

Also all the pics with the horns... they may be gone now though.. but my god the horns..

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
didn't he also go muff diving on a full-granola, all-out bush chick after a day of sweaty hiking?