Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I proposed to my girlfriend last night. Hopefully it's not too late to save our daughter's soul.
You gonna bring yo baby and baby momma up to Niagara to visit her family soon?

We could have responsible dad time

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Was it sous vide?
So, I recently cooked a steak for new man. They were huge and well marbled and I did not sous vide them (this time). Granted, the man can cook but he called me such a girl and was making fun of the way I cooked them (in the 100 year old cast iron pan) instead of grilling them (it was cold and rainy and I am still working on my grill skills). He also questioned every move I made with them (flipped them on all sides - they were 2 inches thick for crying out loud, finished in a hot oven then rested) they turned out mother fucking perfect - crusty all around and medium rare. He apologized and said he was wrong and he would not question me again. Good thing he said that; it got him the bonus round. Gosh I like him.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Congrats Soybro.

I wish you well. Never go to sleep angry. Resolve conflicts through communication. Don't let money or bills or the small shit become big shit. Hold your spouse close regularly, tell them you love them, and you'll make it to the end game of growing old together and loving one another as much or more then than you do today.

This is all good advice, but don't forget to take her to pound town once in a while.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Bisi and Soygen sittin in a tree... discussing the various retirement investment options they have, and how to properly diversify.

• 1Like

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
This weekend, the GF and I told our parents our intention to get engaged and buy a house together. It went over well. The Process(tm) has begun.

LAST CHANCE TO PULL THE RIPCORD

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I don't think asking anyone here what is "normal" is the best idea.

(p.s. I love all of you, #nohater)

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is it normal to discuss getting engaged openly?

Don't most people let both sets of parents know they plan to get engaged before actually getting engaged? We decided to do it together since we already lived together and the opportunity arose, but I talked to both sets of parents prior to getting engaged previously.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Don't most people let both sets of parents know they plan to get engaged before actually getting engaged? We decided to do it together since we already lived together and the opportunity arose, but I talked to both sets of parents prior to getting engaged previously.

I hadn't even met my wife's parents before we got married, and mine didn't know until after.

Of course, my parents are assholes, and I got married at a courthouse on a Thursday, so your mileage my vary.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
So, I recently cooked a steak for new man. They were huge and well marbled and I did not sous vide them (this time). Granted, the man can cook but he called me such a girl and was making fun of the way I cooked them (in the 100 year old cast iron pan) instead of grilling them (it was cold and rainy and I am still working on my grill skills). He also questioned every move I made with them (flipped them on all sides - they were 2 inches thick for crying out loud, finished in a hot oven then rested) they turned out mother fucking perfect - crusty all around and medium rare. He apologized and said he was wrong and he would not question me again. Good thing he said that; it got him the bonus round. Gosh I like him.

Many people think this is the best way to cook a steak. It definitely works well. Did you deglaze 100-year-old pan and make a sauce? Or as the sauce making reserved for the bonus round?

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Many people think this is the best way to cook a steak. It definitely works well. Did you deglaze 100-year-old pan and make a sauce? Or as the sauce making reserved for the bonus round?
Deglazed...mmm steak fond..with the Cab we were drinking and a nice bit of butter.
Also, there was plenty of other sauce for the bonus round.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's normal to ask permission but I don't think you both go and tell both sides before doing it. I take it that an engagement is an intent to marry. An intent to engage just seems like another level of hell to me.

• 1Solidarity

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I told my wife's parents I was going to propose. I didn't ask permission it was more of a heads up. It feels like that is something they should know ahead of time.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I told my wife's parents I was going to propose. I didn't ask permission it was more of a heads up. It feels like that is something they should know ahead of time.
But was your wife included in the telling? That's the weird part to me. I told no one, but I was living there and they don't keep secrets

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I told my girlfriend's father that I intended to propose, but she was definitely not there when I told him. We've discussed marriage several times, but the proposal was still a surprise.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I told my girlfriend's father that I intended to propose, but she was definitely not there when I told him. We've discussed marriage several times, but the proposal was still a surprise.
How did they feel about you knocking the broad up!!?

• 1Like

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
If I had told my wife's parents I was going to propose, they would've gone on an extended (read forever) "vacation" to italy or some shit, and not pay for her to come back.