Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Mine are 3 years apart (daughter then son) and my daughter loved waking him up and later on antagonizing him.

I had a talk with both of them not long before his growth spurt - making sure my daughter understood he'd soon be capable of whipping her ass, and making sure my son understood I would still be willing and able to whip his.

You have so much to look forward to.

For mine the older son (even though he is only 2 years older) already went through puberty so he is like 9" taller than my 11 year old and 25lbs heavier and lean and strong with upper body power already... 11 year old is still a little kid even though he is burly and tough. I tell him (11 year old) not to even think about messing with his older brother because he will get totally ruined... still doesn't listen and tries every now and then. Kids are just gonna do what they are gonna do. They'll learn.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
At one point we had twin 3 years olds, a 1 and a bit year old, and an infant. Those were difficult years. However, now, my oldest four are really tight. Three are on the same track team, and they are all pretty equal in their athletic ability, and so family soccer is a riot. My youngest is the weak link, simply because of age (4 years younger).

Having kids close together in age is really rough for the first six years, I'm not going to lie. After that, it is awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Wife is coming home today. I suppose now is when shit gets real.

Having a 2 year old you forget how tiny the little dude once was
I am happy she has recovered enough to be dcd to home. I am guessing acini de pepe is well enough too (it's the smallest noodle term of which I could think)?
I also am interested in the little Noodle's numbers - ht, wt, apgar (if they could do one...), screening results. I can't help, it I'm curious.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Ramen will be coming home tomorrow, he had elevated billirubin(sp) levels so he had to be under lights all day but he got cleared.

He was 20 inches long, 5lbs, 11oz. He's a tiny guy. Super fragile. Apgar and screening results I don't know what that means.

Also he looks like a mirror image of me.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
5lbs, Jesus.

It's funny hearing people talk about things like "you forget how small they were." My kids were both ~10lbs. They were literally never that small.

iannis

Musty Nester
5 lbs isn't a bad weight. And that's real close to 6. It is small. But... A generation back that wasn't small. Women are trying to push out these 10-15 lb babies. I mean yeah... we have to cut it out of them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
5lbs, Jesus.

It's funny hearing people talk about things like "you forget how small they were." My kids were both ~10lbs. They were literally never that small.
So, I never had to push out anything like that; apparently my parts are entry only. That being said - all three of my sisters children were between 8.5 and a little over 10. My older sis is a freaking size 2 and both her boys were right around 10 - her back is ruined. My other middle had all three of hers with no epidural and they were all 9-10 (she is a fucking rock star); baby sis first one - epi but at around 8 and a half; second I was there in the room and the doc was late - they kept telling her to keep her legs closed; that boy was 9 plus and 22 inches long; has a permanent blue spot on the bridge of his nose from hanging in the canal too long.
A 6 lb baby in my family would be an anomaly.

• 1Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
My youngest was over 10lbs, after she shit.

My wife kept saying there was something wrong and it doesn't feel right, and the dipshit doctor was saying "yeah, uhh, you're having a baby."

As soon as the kid came out, his first words as he caught her we're "ooph, yeah, this shoulda been a C-section"

Hey, maybe my wife wouldn't have almost died afterwards if you had listened to her!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My daughter was 7lb 4oz and 20 inches long. She was, by far, my largest child. Also...the only one.

• 1Like

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Ramen will be coming home tomorrow, he had elevated billirubin(sp) levels so he had to be under lights all day but he got cleared.

He was 20 inches long, 5lbs, 11oz. He's a tiny guy. Super fragile. Apgar and screening results I don't know what that means.

Also he looks like a mirror image of me.

I'm not one to criticize, but Ramen?

Middle school is going to be rough. Why would you do that to a kid.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
I'm not one to criticize, but Ramen?

Middle school is going to be rough. Why would you do that to a kid.

Are you sure it's not just a play on the noodle name for the sake of internet probably here?

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Ramen would get shortened to Ray in kindergarten anyway.

And I'm sure he named his Kiddo Benjamin or something like that.

But Ramen wouldn't be so bad.