Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Here's a pic of my daughter. She'll be 3 months old on 29th! @Picasso3 I'll give you $5,000 if you find out my real name from this picture!

sgC6Rgd.jpg

Cute.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I posted in the parent thread but I'm gonna drop it here.

At 3:01 am my wife had crazy painful contractions and instantly her water broke. Called 911 and they were on the way and I was advised to keep her comfortable and wait the 4 minutes (literally down the street).

30 seconds later I'm back calling 911 because the baby instantly came out into her arms. And I'm a dad again.

I have never been so afraid in my life. My wife was rushed to the hospital because she lost so much blood.

Scary

Holy shit, just reading that scared me.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
It's been an interesting couple of days in Mrs. G Land.
Saturday, I went to a party at a dear friend's home. She had tried to set me up with her cousin a few months ago...he turned out to be the drunk texting unsolicited picture sending dude. He was there. I was cordial.
Saturday night/Sunday morning - new man cautiously reveals to me his feelings and speaks of his future with me in it, he refers to himself as "daddy" to the sweet pup of his...and on Saturday he refers to me as her momma....yeah, I love the dog, he adores her...so "parental ascription" is NOT a small thing...subtle sign of respect and affection. Had a great evening with him...he is not touchy-feely so when he displays non sexual physical attention it is special...got a lot of it from him Sunday a.m. Damn, I like him.
Last night, the couson of my friend/dude texts me, tells me how great it was to see me and how sweet and wonderful I am, asks how I'm doing. I tell him I am exclusively dating. He apologizes for fucking up the possibility of dating me. I thank him for the apology and suggest he learns from it on his new path...again sharing that I am unavailable. The conversation ends on a positive but hopefully final note.
THIS morning I get contacted by a man who is a great friend who tells me that he loves me...loves loves... and that he is divorcing his wife and wants to know if I will give him a chance.
WTF

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Ah, the life of a woman. Keep yourself in halfway decent shape, make an effort to be somewhat domestic, keep your crazy in check, and men will crawl out of the woodwork to win your affections.

As opposed to the life of a guy, where you seem to only find out women were interested in you 20 years and 3 kids ago.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Ah, the life of a woman. Keep yourself in halfway decent shape, make an effort to be somewhat domestic, keep your crazy in check, and men will crawl out of the woodwork to win your affections.

As opposed to the life of a guy, where you seem to only find out women were interested in you 20 years and 3 kids ago.

No disagreement, but it's just one of those sky is blue, water is wet type of statements.

• 1Solidarity

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
No disagreement, but it's just one of those sky is blue, water is wet type of statements.

It's just one of those things that hits you in the face every once in awhile when you're talking to women and you realize how vastly different our life experiences are.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
It's just one of those things that hits you in the face every once in awhile when you're talking to women and you realize how vastly different our life experiences are.

Definitely, but it has its trade offs and shit. I'd choose to be male again even knowing how it is. The dating world is definitely completely unbalanced though, mostly because men are NOT PICKY. Women are okay being alone if nobody comes along that suits their fancy. Men will mostly be out there hunting, and when there are more men out hunting than women making themselves available to be hunted, you have these type of situations where women basically have men throwing themselves at them constantly.

Also, I think the top 15-20% of women in each age group get most of the attention; your basic average women are probably as lonely as men, and get treated worse.

I dunno, it's not all roses but if you're an attractive woman you basically have male servants for life and that can be pretty warping on your perspective.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
As in all things in life, Step 1 is "be attractive".

• 1Like