Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Screw that. If you have guests and no available bed, you give the guests your bed and you sleep on the floor. If you're making the effort to come and visit, the hosts need to be accommodating. This is basic hosting 101.

You're not being unreasonable
That'll be the day when someone comes to my house and I sleep on the floor

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Do you invite people to your house and expect them to sleep on the floor?

I’d expect them to decide that for themselves, if they want to sleep on the floor they can, if they want to get a hotel they can. I don’t dictate what you do, you’re an adult.

That’d be the fucking day I don’t sleep in my own bed, I agree with noodle. I’d kick one of my kids out of their bed for my dying mother but I’d still be sleeping in my bed.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can sleep pretty well anywhere, so I'd let them sleep in my bed, and I'd go sleep on the floor. With kids it can be fun. I'd build a fort and sleep in that with the kids.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Their house is fairly large looking on the outside but the space inside is just retarded. Nearly half their second floor is a bathroom with a jacuzzi tub they never use. Totally wasted space. Either way there's plenty of room for us. I'm fairly certain my step mom is just holding a grudge because one of our dogs pissed in their bedroom in the middle of the night and she stepped it in. I was silently laughing incredibly hard. She's a sweet person but she's so goddamn anal. She was a dental hygienist. Woe be unto thee with dirty teeth around her.

• 1Worf

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Made it home with no Drama!

Wife has know my position for a while, things changed about 3 years ago when they had a second kid who rightfully took over the spare bedroom.
We get the kids playroom and an air mattress. Well i am 260lb and my wife is 125 so that does not work, and i can't sleep on the love seat being 6'3

I think i scored points by actively trying to recruit my BIL to move to our city where he can get double the house for half the price.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
G and I would give up our bed for his parents when they came to visit us, but only for them. Everyone else could sleep in the guest roomwith the double bed, the guest room with the twin sized bed or the nice queen sized air bed or on one of the sofas.
G's folks used to drive from NM to MO to see us. They got the best bed. ♡

• 1Solidarity

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
So, my relationship with New is not well-advertised; as in, not on FB, because, well it's FB and as much as I post on there (which is too much), I expect a certain level of discretion with regard to my intimate life. I didn't post much about G even when he was alive out of respect for his privacy. I do a fuckton more now because it's therapeutic for me and also for his myriad friends.
So - what happens as a result of that - me being what appears to be as "in the market" is that I get new - sort of acquaintance - friends of friends men requesting to be my friend/ asking me out and I have friends and family trying to set me up on blind dates. I had a very serious attempt made yesterday by a dear younger cousin of mine. As in - she has the "perfect man for me". (I love her - she is one of the coolest people I know - adventurous and smart and sweet and I am grateful she was thinking of me.) I politely declined and privately said why.
I have also been asked out and politely declined.
I can't see any reason to tell New any of this...should I? Is there any reason? What would you expect of a mostly serious not terribly clingy girlfriend? BTW - serious enough that he is coming to Thanksgiving which is a big family deal...

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If you are non-hideous, he should expect people to hit on you now and then. That's just part of not being an antisocial homebody. Probably time to stop hiding the relationship, though. You don't have to name him or anything, but let it be known you are off the market.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I would probably tell him about it simply to avoid a nasty situation later. If he happened upon your FaceBook feed and saw guys hitting on you and people trying to fix you up, and your response is simply to decline instead of say "no, I'm seeing someone," he might think you're not fully committed to him, or that you are somehow trying to keep your options open.

Perhaps I'm the paranoid one, but if I were dating someone on social media and it was serious, and she hadn't mentioned me ever on social media I might wonder. A two minute conversation in language like you used above would alleviate all the wondering.

My $0.02

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife has had guys ask her out but to me I don't really care. She's told me of a few but probably not all of them.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Bonus information...he has not mentioned it on his page either. On my page, my relationship status is not listed....not single, not widowed...not what I am interested. His remains "single....women". I really believe he just doesn't think about changing that kind of stuff.