Marriage and the Power of Divorce

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
har har (was just a troll bro)

Before quitting Facebook in 2010 it definitely was fucking retarded drama with exGFs regarding bullshit relationship status updates, who is this chick, that chick etc, etc. Just not worth the hassle and also a mega time waster.

I mean guess I should listen to the guy who's married to a woman who doesn't work, put out or clean the house though, right?

:smuggly:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Alex Alex - I am sorry, honey, I hate heartbreak. :(

Makes my stupid shit seem more stupid - yet I continue with the dialogue...I don't tell New every time I get hit on or actually ever- that would be tedious. He knows I get hit on; um duh - he's seen other men around me. He has remarked to other men as they were ogling me for crap's sake. I agree that because I am a widow and super-fucking friendly people do weird stuff in their heads with that - I don't need everyone up in my business (I mean besides the lovely lot of you, whom I adore).
I did tell him about the blind date stuff in a "huh, wtf sort of way". I asked him if his friends still tried to set him up on blind dates and he made me laugh - he said "Nope, my friends know how I am." Oh gawd, he's a breath of fresh air.
I am not changing my approach on the stupid book of Faces, I will, for as long as I am keeping New and he me, continue to politely decline in private. No advertising one way or the other. He can do whatever he wants.
Why the hell do I think I have to ask you guys shit for which I already have an answer? Oh yeah for my book ;)
Sometimes typing out this stuff is cathartic, at least for me

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Yeah. I'm actually looking for counseling services. It's annoying that I have to do rehab again.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you aren't posting drug-fueled rants to Facebook you aren't fully committed to your addiction.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Facebook, social media in general, just seemed like a waste of time where people are trying to socially keep up with the joneses. I dunno I guess I'm already a pretty private and anti-social person so I get social media would never be my thing but it just felt like a wasteland being on there. I never saw any good come from the platforms unless you're trying to advertise your brand. Which I guess in general people are trying to advertise themselves and the best version of themselves they want the world to see. It just felt like everything was bullshit. Maybe I'm jaded.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I like being able to organize stuff with friends and family on Facebook and now that I have a kid, I like to being able to share pics with my family who do not live locally. That being said, 99% of the shit being shared/posted is garbage and I find myself contemplating deletion of my account on a daily basis.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
^I totally get keeping in touch with your distant family on Facebook. My parents love it and use it for this reason. It's just not for me. I suppose I don't care as much about other peoples lives.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I give people a few chances but if they keep sharing annoying shit I just unfollow them. I've been a member since when it required a .edu email, and the platform has gone from this thing where you'd just see what people posted to seeing a million fuckin things. I don't care that Bob liked some dumbass picture or Randy posted to this meme group I'm not in. I just want to see what people are up to.

I use it for a lot of things, but mostly family stuff and a bunch of friend groups/band stuff/professional stuff. I don't use it nearly as much anymore.

Also low blow lulzsect, low blow

• 1Solidarity

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think back in the .edu days you didn't even see when people posted shit. There wasn't an activity feed back then I thought you'd have to go to someone's profile to see whats going on. It was basically MySpace but without the emo angst.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yes, it was basically a neatly formatted MySpace with slightly better privacy features.

If I had a kid I'm sure I'd have to bite the bullet and reactivate my ancient profile just for the sake of family/friend updates.

So there's another reason to not have children.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
likewise noodlebro

we all have our flaws

Khane Khane 's on point about FB, I'd probably have to rejoin in the future if I ever knock up a broad and settle down.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think back in the .edu days you didn't even see when people posted shit. There wasn't an activity feed back then I thought you'd have to go to someone's profile to see whats going on. It was basically MySpace but without the emo angst.
It was so long ago I can't really remember. I remember one female coworker posted a nudie on there and I've been a member ever since

• 1Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I mainly use FB to find out when bands I like are coming into town. I mostly hate it but it does have its uses.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah I'm familiar with them and Bandsintown. There is still the occasional beach bonfire gathering or whatever where I would only get the invite on FB too. I dunno. I've thought about deactivating mine because it is predominately months old memes at this point.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I use it for therapy (I keep Gravy's page active), also belong to a secret grouo of hot widows...I use it keep connected to my huge family and circle of friends (in secret and closed groups often), for charity platform/event organization, and alumni associations'events/event planning.
As far as family stuff goes, it often bridges the generational gaps. My niece and nephew's friends have even "friended" my parents. Each can learn something of life from the other.
As far as annoying or uninteresting things posted, there, like here, I just scroll past.