Marriage and the Power of Divorce

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
8ceb57dbceeb91c4d4b5ed85d812f3c3--hipster-things-funny-things.jpg

Is that dude drinking out of a little silver pet bowl.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never used social media other than posting on this message board occasionally, if that even counts. I always figured if Facebook is required to keep in touch with people, or for people to stay in touch with me, then were probably not *that* interested in maintaining a relationship. If I need to get in touch with family or friends, I just call them. Keeps shit simple, keeps my circle small and close, and I avoid all the bullshit people hate in regards to social media (which seems to be 95% of social media from what I hear). One of the best decisions I've ever made.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
OK one huge benefit of FB for me is keeping touch with my friends that don't live in the US anymore. Sure there is WhatsApp but FB Messenger is so much easier.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I've never used social media other than posting on this message board occasionally, if that even counts. I always figured if Facebook is required to keep in touch with people, or for people to stay in touch with me, then were probably not *that* interested in maintaining a relationship. If I need to get in touch with family or friends, I just call them. Keeps shit simple, keeps my circle small and close, and I avoid all the bullshit people hate in regards to social media (which seems to be 95% of social media from what I hear). One of the best decisions I've ever made.
100% of people I know who dont use social media call it one of the best decisions they've made. Myself included.
100% of people I know who do use social media complain about stuff they deal with on social media.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Yet another conflicting hipster criteria. You're a hipster if you're a craft beer snob and if you drink PBR or Tecate. I can't keep up anymore!

I think you're reading too much into my post. I couldn't tell what beer it was, but it looks like it's probably a big name brand. Even if it's not it's still closer to her. So I'm saying she's practically 2 fisting beers to be able to stand being seen with him.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Tell me I'm not the only one who sees about 12 jokes here?

I'm slipping. I only have 2

1. Makes you think, or makes you hope?
2. That's probably a more important piece of information to you than it is to the rest of us.

• 1Picard

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Yet another conflicting hipster criteria. You're a hipster if you're a craft beer snob and if you drink PBR or Tecate. I can't keep up anymore!
Uh OH, I drink craft beer AND Tecate. G introduced me to Tecate in the way back; it was the first beer he had ever had- in Mexico - when he was a kid and he went with his mom and step dad (They lived in Las Cruces; and would go to Mexico for shopping and fun etc). His step dad ordered it for him at a bar in Juarez and poof - beer - I love thinking about a 14 year old G sitting in a dive bar in Mexico having a sip of brew ...btw -His mom was not pleased.

So does this mean that I am an old hipster or is it just that I have old hips? Hmm. Pondering.

• 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No such things as old hipsters, I don't think. You either die young as a hipster or just become a normal adult.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Nothing wrong with craft beer. I'm not that far from Grand Rapids, which is the craft beer capital of the country. There is some mighty fine beer there. Now I don't have an ironic beard, or dress like a dumbass, so I think I'm okay.

The hipsters can't take good beer from me.

• 1Solidarity

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I love(d) craft beer, but that shit has way too many calories and I have a very high tolerance. Not a good combination. I will still have a few if we are out somewhere that has a nice selection, but gin is my go to drink to maintain my girlish figure.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm not willing to cut craft beer. So much so that I [mostly] cut beef, pork, and chicken from my diet instead. Still will gorge myself on vacation from time to time or indulge myself with an al pastor burrito occasionally, but I haven't bought any for the home in months.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
So, you cut useful protein from your diet to make way for more useless carbs, interesting.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not willing to cut craft beer. So much so that I [mostly] cut beef, pork, and chicken from my diet instead. Still will gorge myself on vacation from time to time or indulge myself with an al pastor burrito occasionally, but I haven't bought any for the home in months.
How are those a tradeoff? Financially? Calorically?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's not a trade-off because I was indulging in both all the time before. It's not like I wasn't drinking craft beer and decided to after I cut back on the meat.

And it's easy to get the necessary protein. That's such a stupid misunderstanding. The fat content in meat is ridiculous. And I'm also not an alcoholic or anything. I average less than two beers per day.