Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Ok, but for some dishes, like your tikka masala, substituting tofu for chicken thighs is more expensive(or, maybe approximately equal depending on location) while being quite close calorically. You don't have to drop all protein, maybe just the fatty ones. And even then, there's way to cook fatty proteins without having to actually eat that fat.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
The fat content in meat is ridiculous.

Screen Shot 2017-09-28 at 10.17.06 AM.png

??

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was going to say chicken breast is boring, but so is tofu.

I'll have to compare chicken and tofu prices next time I'm shopping. A big pack of chicken thighs is like $1.50/lb.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Chicken. The most boring of the meats.

I shouldn't have even said anything. Any mention of vegetarian triggers people in the worst way. You can still eat your meats folks. I'm not preaching some PETA bullshit over here.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, you're never a douche about it, Alex. I don't think I would never give up meats. I simply enjoy eating and cooking way too much, to limit them.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Chicken. The most boring of the meats.

I shouldn't have even said anything. Any mention of vegetarian triggers people in the worst way. You can still eat your meats folks. I'm not preaching some PETA bullshit over here.

Nobody cares what bullshit you eat or don't eat, I just wanted to point out how wrong you were about "fat content in meat"

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of eating habits, in an effort to correct years of eating like shit the wife and I are on day 27 of eating Vegan. I do not plan to eat vegan for the rest of my life, actually the plan is to do it for 60 days and then slowly introduce healthy lean meats in small portions back to my diet. For years meat has dominated my caloric intake and the results do not match up with my goal to live a long healthy life. I need to form new habits and retrain myself to take a few extra minutes to do a proper meal prep with healthy portions. We plan to introduce fish back into our diet first and then chicken, pork and beef in that order. Our goal is to live by the 90/10 rule, basically eat like a vegan for most meals and then treat meat like it is a treat. Maybe Fish once a week, pork or chicken twice a month and a nice steak once a month.

Also, the vegan thing is WAY easier than I ever thought it would be and I feel great!

• 2Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Nobody cares what bullshit you eat or don't eat, I just wanted to point out how wrong you were about "fat content in meat"

Classic lawyer. Utilizing the use case that supports you the best. Gimme the stats on the superior tasting beef and pork.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nutrition arguments are almost as bad as political/religious arguments. Almost.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm not even going to bother. You're trying to compare shit to tofu when I eat that maybe twice a month. Sorry I said that in an attempt to be more healthy, I cut meat from my diet. Didn't know that would cause an angry mob.

I have lost 10 pounds so I'm going to tell myself that the only lifestyle change I've made in the past six months is the cause of that. If you want to continue arguing and saying I'm wrong and dumb, fine. But I'm done with it.

Can someone breakup with somebody or something?

• 4Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
We're helping you get through your breakup Alex. Your breakup with meat.

• 7Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users