Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It was in a cool facility that had lots of places to sit and hang out.

wow-cool.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If you're wedding doesn't have open bar it's automatically a disappointment. Shit even open beer and wine is a letdown.
Great. Now I'm gonna' disappoint my fiance and our wedding guests?!

I'm gonna' cry.

giphy.gif

• 2Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Open bars are stupid for the couple. Why the fuck would I pay for people to drink.

We paid for a specialty drink for every person and that was it. My cousins wedding was open bar and it was like $2000/hr

iannis

Musty Nester
Just go do your city hall thing and fuck them, unless they ask to see your marriage license and paperwork and such none of them will ever know anyway. It's really not their business.
Yeah, you can get married that way as often as you like.

You wanna pay the state, a magistrate would marry you every day.

Get legally married, don't tell them. Then do one for them. It happens so often that we have an English word for it. Elope. It applies to this situation as well!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Open bars are stupid for the couple. Why the fuck would I pay for people to drink.

We paid for a specialty drink for every person and that was it. My cousins wedding was open bar and it was like $2000/hr

Just get like 20 bottles of Jack, 20 bottles of Titos, bunch of 24 packs of cokes and tonics, and say, open bar we got vodka tonics and we got jack and coke, want something else? fuck off

Then put your shittiest brother in law or cousin on bar duty and make him pour for everyone.

Bang

• 2Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Just get like 20 bottles of Jack, 20 bottles of Titos, bunch of 24 packs of cokes and tonics, and say, open bar we got vodka tonics and we got jack and coke, want something else? fuck off

Then put your shittiest brother in law or cousin on bar duty and make him pour for everyone.

Bang

Had a friend get married back in July and the operation was similar to this. Perfectly acceptable that whiskey and vodka were all that was available.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Get legally married, don't tell them. Then do one for them. It happens so often that we have an English word for it. Elope. It applies to this situation as well!

That's what kind of blasting my ass about the whole thing. Initially, prior to the announcement when I did start floating marriage idea, the answer was the same. ''Wanna get married but don't wanna do the thing? Elope and we'll cut you a check." Now all the sudden that it's official they're moving the goalposts and shit.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Sister's wedding had around 150 people with an open bar and was floored at how mucH money was wasted for a few hours of entertainment. Her wedding cost my parents a nice total of around $30k, most of which was the bar (she had a regular bar and a fucking bar made of ice for "specialty cocktails") and the buffet-style food.I couldn't even convince them to help pay for my honeymoon but she gets that type of bullshit? We did our as cheaply as possible because we hate going to weddings generally, so why should we make others suffer?

Got drunk, ate food, so it's whatever...

• 1Barf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Well buffet style food is cheaper than individual plates, so there is that silver lining

We did buffet because even though we spent a lot we are not that high class.

One of our hors'dveorohsoures was buffalo tendies

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Why'd you guys invite 200 extra people you don't know?

It was family mostly, then you get friends of our parents and shit like that. We both have fairly large families, who all have kids who all had to be invited. We got married at the same place we were having the reception and at one point if everyone we invited came, we were going to have them go next door to a rock climbing gym for a cocktail hour while the venue was set up for the reception, when we got the final guest count, we just had people go upstairs to the balcony and outside. Ended up working out though, we got like $18k in cash.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
We just did pulled pork barbecue and the typical sides, a cake, and a DJ. I think our entire wedding was less than a couple grand. Not long after we were married we went to a friend of the family's where they spent north of 25 grand. They had a fucking interior designer do the decorations. If I'm spending 25 gs on a night of sex, you damn well better know it will be a night that fulfills every vile fantasy I have, not with a woman I've been dating/fucking for a few years already...

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Well buffet style food is cheaper than individual plates, so there is that silver lining

We did buffet because even though we spent a lot we are not that high class.

One of our hors'dveorohsoures was buffalo tendies

I wouldn't really call it full buffet style. They had the sides buffet-style but there were different stations for the main dishes. There was a station where they made different types of pasta in-front of you, meat-carving station and a Mongolian grill/stir-fry type station.

It was essentially just a very, very expensive party with a 10-minute marriage ceremony and a total of 45min-1hr of photos. We definitely made Yellow Cab a lot of money that night as there were taxis lining the whole "campus" where the wedding/reception took place. I also forgot that my sister had our parents cover about 20 hotel rooms in downtown Louisville (so everyone could walk to '4th Street Live!' that night to get food and go to bars/clubs). Either way, that's an insane amount of money to spend for a single evening that ultimately benefits the guests more than anything.

• 1Barf

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Best wedding meal I've ever had was a friend of mine who married the daughter of a pig farmer. He roasted a whole hog on a spit for a day and a half before hand, and then made their secret sauce for it. Pork pulled right off a roasting pig with fresh sauce on home made rolls. It was delicious.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah best wedding food I had was when a friend had a local taqueria supply all you can eat al pastor tacos. Bet it was super cheap too.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Pork. I ate meat then. Would still indulge if the wedding was today. I'm not a non-appreciative asshole.