Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Being vindictive might feel good but it'll probably just prolong heartache and grief. I've done the whole "here's where you fucked up bitch' thing and it wasn't cathartic to me

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Sound advice. On the other hand it's too galling to let her try and blame me for the failed relationship when it was her issues that caused everything she was complaining about.

I should have got shot of her a while back but I guess I'm a soft cunt.
No matter what happened, she's going to have her "truth" and in it she will paint herself as the aggrieved party. That's just how people are. You can't let that beat you up. Better to just let it go.

• 3Solidarity

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
No matter what happened, she's going to have her "truth" and in it she will paint herself as the aggrieved party. That's just how people are. You can't let that beat you up. Better to just let it go.

Exactly. She's a cunt and at least unconsciously used you (or maybe on purpose, who knows), but she's not going to have an epiphany when you tell her that. She's just going to feel more justified in doing what she feels like because now you're being mean.

But she "totally fell in love with some other guy but didn't cheat". Cool story bitch, tell it to someone who cares. P.S. You have 1 week to get your stuff the fuck out or it goes to charity. Good riddance.

Rather than tell her what a cunt she is, tell your bros what a cunt she is when you go out drinking with them. Much more therapeutic.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Most importantly for therapeutic reasons please post nudes. We can tell you how bitchy she is when we look at them

• 8Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sound advice. On the other hand it's too galling to let her try and blame me for the failed relationship when it was her issues that caused everything she was complaining about.

Women have an uncanny knack for rationalizing/justifying any behavior, no matter how shitty or abhorrent. They could murder your 5 children and fuck your best friend, yet somehow it'd be your fault for letting the kids be so annoying. The best revenge is literally to never contact her again. Both for your own peace of mind and the fact that the lack of attention will drive her fucking bonkers.

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh once I get my shit back I'm never having anything to do with her again. I'm pretty determined however to make her realise what a massive arsehole she is before I do.

After my divorce I was bitter and just wallowed in self pity and anger for awhile. Then one day I realized that she was still controlling my life and making me miserable. Once I realized that, letting go of the anger was the most liberating experiences I've had. Use the time for self-reflection and self-improvement and become a better version of who you want to be.

As others have said, you are not going to convince her that she was wrong. Just realize that she was never your's, but it was just your turn and move on. And be thankful you didn't have kids, house, and a divorce that would cost you for years.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't often post but here I am as a passenger on a 5 hour drive home in the middle of the night and I'm mad as fuck so here goes.

Tonight my now ex girlfriend left me for someone else. A bit of background - we've been together a year and a half, I run a touring cinema company and she is a failed musician/admin worker. We're both in our early 30s. Things were fine for the first 10 months - we went travelling together, enjoyed partying together and generally were happy spending time in each others company.

This all changed about the start of this year - she went down to London to play with some mediocre musicians (we live in Edinburgh). She made a few contacts, had a good time and came back and was quite happily working her day job and gigging at weekends. About 6 months ago one of these dudes in London got in touch and asked her to organise a tour of Scotland for his band and rather than paying her offered for her to put together a support band and split the proceeds 50/50. This guy claimed if she sorted the venues he had a ton of great PR agencies to promote it. She unsurprisingly jumps at the chance and I'm pretty enthusiastic for her. As time progresses this takes up more and more of her time and she quits her job. I wasn't delighted about this but she was scraping her rent with gig and dole money and I was pretty much paying for every other aspect of our lifestyle. She then falls out with her entire family over a heap of shite, I obviously side with her and support her through this. She then falls ill with a bit of cluster headaches (look it up, it's brutal) and I nurse her through the 3 month bout of this.

All this while I'm working myself into the ground doing 50-60 hour weeks as my business grows quick and very quickly becomes a constant ballache. I knuckle down to ensure me and her stay afloat. After a few months of this I've noticed changed in my demeanour - miserable all the time, don't have time to go drinking with my pals anymore, no time to read, go to the cinema. I can't even do anything with her because paying for both of us from everything become unaffordable. It affects us, we talk and we seem to get where each other are coming from and all is well.

6 weeks ago she goes on this tour and it's a massive flop. She's weeping in my arms the two nights she's back after the first couple of dates closer to home then she's away for two weeks. She makes it back, a bit more optimistic than when she left but effectively did 6 months work without getting paid and left us both struggling. The following two weeks she literally doesn't have a penny ti her name so I find myself putting my hand in my pocket again and getting us through it. During this time she's keeping in touch with some of the dudes she was touring with. I then depart to work away for 17 days.

The first 10 days everything seems fine, we talk every day as normal and then communication trickles off until the last 3 days she isn't answering my texts or calls. She's started a new job so I'm cutting her some slack but getting concerned. I pin her down on fb messenger last night and say I'm looking forward to getting back on Friday, what's she up to? she's acting strange, saying she'll come up and see me on Sunday and pretty much nothing else.

I try to call her a couple of times today but nothing and at this point I know something is up. I ring her and eventually she answers and I demand to know what's going on. Eventually she tells me she thinks it's not working out. I ask her if someone else is involved and she says yes. I immediately name the person from this tour she's been mentioning the most to me recently and she says no and she's not going to tell me. I eventually drag it out of her and it is indeed the guy I first named. He lives in London and she says she's gotten to know him well over FB and this is how she feels. She starts daying some bullshit about how we don't talk anymore and how I work too much. I demand to know if she cheated on me while touring and she still denies it but I'm pretty sure she's lying. Fucking bitching even phoned me up for money while she was away.

I'm about as angry as I've ever been. I just can't get my head around it. The bitch has clearly used me and has dropped me for some cunt she's known less than two months. Literally don't know what to do.

Tldr I'm a fucking fool. Cheers for reading

Could have been worse bro. You could have got married. You could have kids. She could have gotten pregnant. It could have been 5 years, or 10 years.

Do everything you can to excise her out of her life immediately and DO NOT ENGAGE when she comes back into your life, and it's 100% that she WILL come back into your life. The only mistake you can make is falling back into the dumb bitch like the sex-hungry male that you are. Consider the money you lost as a "I picked the wrong girl" fee and move on. Plenty of other girls want what you got.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah be thankful you saw all of this BEFORE the ring of power (read actually doom) fell on her finger. Sounds like you grew up, but she didn't. It sucks, but it could have been way suckier for sure. And being vindictive will do nothing more than having human fecal matter in your bushes, so I don't advise that either. Put your energies into your business and enjoy the fruits of your labor all to yourself.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Thanks for the advice pals, that all seriously helped.

All the anger has gone out of me. We're sorting out our stuff tonight and then the cord is cut. After I'm going out to get shitfaced with my long neglected bros who rallied round me at a moments notice this afternoon. It brought a tear to my eye.

Sadly I have no nudes to share as she wouldn't let me take them. Should've binned her there and then.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
And on the bright side it sounds like you just got a lot more disposable income.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the advice pals, that all seriously helped.

All the anger has gone out of me. We're sorting out our stuff tonight and then the cord is cut. After I'm going out to get shitfaced with my long neglected bros who rallied round me at a moments notice this afternoon. It brought a tear to my eye.

Sadly I have no nudes to share as she wouldn't let me take them. Should've binned her there and then.

You should have told her if she was going to fuck you for money the least she could have done was be better at it.

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Daelos

Guarding the guardians

Just do Bannerman's and then Espionage from top to bottom instead. More fun. More productive

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I always love the logic of bitching about the man working too much but he’s paying for all of her shit. Can’t explain that. You sound like you have some good bros, go have a good time and be happy that leech is gone from your life.

• 4Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I always love the logic of bitching about the man working too much but he’s paying for all of her shit. Can’t explain that.

Sure you can. She was interested in another guy and needed to find an excuse more acceptable to her friends and family than "I wanna fuck someone else".

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Honestly I just don't really feel like typing it all out and getting into it. I'll give you a short version of the events in a vacuum.

We had being talking about going to see Thor:Ragnarok over the weekend. We were at a friend's house party on Saturday night discussing if we would go see it after we got done there. We were out celebrating her sister's birthday at a local brewery Sunday night talking about it as well.

On Monday she texted me her stomach was bothering her. I asked her why and she said she thought it was the popcorn she had at the movie theatre Sunday morning. I asked her what movie she saw. She said Thor. I said "What the fuck?" and it escalated from there.

When we were dating, my wife did the same shit with Men Who Stare at Goats and Inglorious Basterds. For some reason I didn't kick her to the curb. Still haven't seen either one. Now I see I screwed up.

Oh once I get my shit back I'm never having anything to do with her again. I'm pretty determined however to make her realise what a massive arsehole she is before I do.

The best revenge is to live well.

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The best revenge is to live well.

QFT! When my ex found out I was happy and enjoying life more without her than I ever did with her, that was when she tried to start some crap up again. By then I was completely over her and when she called me one night and started demanding that I do something I just laughed and said "that's never gonna happen, and don't call me again." then hung up. Those are the last words I ever spoke to her, and I feel pretty good about it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users