Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So I just calculated how much money I've been able to save/invest this year. It's depressing how much money I spent on frivolous unimportant shit this year. I blame this solely on the ex. I'm willing to wager I'll save twice as much over the next six months post relationship.

Are you going to be celibate? Dating isn't cheap either.

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
So I just calculated how much money I've been able to save/invest this year. It's depressing how much money I spent on frivolous unimportant shit this year. I blame this solely on the ex. I'm willing to wager I'll save twice as much over the next six months post relationship.

I feel your pain here - one paycheck in since not having to worry about my ex's shit and I'm shaking my head at the amount I've wasted this year. More money for drinking and finding new chicks!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Listen, you can't hit a homerun every time you step to the plate but it's better to go down swinging.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Only if you're a sucker.

What are you doing? Dating hipster girls that are cool with brown bagging it in a park? Nothing against that because I love that shit, but most people go to dinner or get drinks. And that adds up quickly.

Khane

Yea but you do that in a relationship too and also take weekend trips and vacations.

My ex didn't cook. Ever. So we ate out a lot because I got tired of always having to fucking cook for the two of us. According to mint I've spent $14.8k this year on dining and alcohol.

Khane

I'd estimate she spent about $10k herself on dining and alcohol as well. So probably around $25k between the two of us.

Khane

Not exactly Michelin star but I gravitate towards pricier places with better menus and drink selections. Places like this:

Food

We drank a lot. Like way too much a lot.

Khane

I'll tell you guys a funny story. Well, it will be funny for you... it pissed me off.

She used to get super gassy when drinking beer. For whatever reason. And her beer farts were rancid... disgusting... like something died in her anus. So... because she didn't want anyone knowing she farted whenever she felt one coming she would come stand next to me and put her arm around me as if she wanted some cuddle time then drop one of those stinkbombs. Because nobody is going to think the 5'1" 115 lb chick just laid that room clearing abomination. No, they're gonna think the 200 lb slob standing next to her did.

What a bitch.

• 12Worf
Reactions: 11 users