Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
It does sound like that! Unforunately Love and Like can be 2 completely seperate concepts and are not required to overlap.

This is basically it. She has so far been very conciliatory on wanting to make sure everything is fair and equal. I just let her know that me losing the house would sour that arrangement and make it less productive. If she thinks she's making me happy and in the process it gives her the peace of mind of knowing she might be able to come back, then great. I mean, it's not like it's ever going to be in writing anywhere that I HAVE to take her back, so what the fuck do I care what she thinks? It's possible that my life is in such a state that I'd let her come back as long as she agreed to up her fucking game. But it's also possible I'll be balls deep in several other prospects at the time and not really see the point. I lose nothing from this.

You know, it's kinda funny, I thought about this the other day, and I've never yelled at any of my other relationships. I've gone entire adult sexual relationships with people without them ever hearing me raise my voice, from beginning to "you need to never talk to me again" after some of the craziest shit I've ever heard.

But you know what? I reserve the right to yell at people who think this is what an office looks like. And I'm not gonna feel bad about it one fucking bit.View attachment 161877

If I ask you on Sunday to clean up some shit this week, and by Wednesday you've done nothing, I'll remind you that things need to be done. And if by the following Sunday, nothing has been done, I'll say that I'm disappointed that I can't get a simple task out of her and ask it again. And then when Sunday rolls around again and not a fucking thing has been done - well, sorry, but you're getting yelled at because you need to step up your fucking game at life.

My wife would not only yell but she would probably cut you if you left the house like that.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Get contractor bags, lock the door, open the window, fill, and throw outside. Could be cleaned out in an hour.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And as it turns out, it works out fine with ground rules. It does not work out fine when one party is completely inappropriate with their emotional attachment. We call this party "Women."

I bet the whole banging other chicks after she had kids had zero to do with her checking out on the relationship.....

This is going to come off as harsh, but she probably was dead inside and too nice to say anything until your shift change made her resentment of the thing something she could no longer internalize. Then she got with another guy and found out that she didn't have to live as the second choice all the time. I get that you are hurting, but I think you are being unrealistic if you think being the sole person with side action is not super corrosive for a relationship. You had to know by the fact that she never took that option herself until your shift change made things different that she could not have been as thrilled as you apparently were with the whole open relationship thing, at least deep down. But you went with what served yourself best, despite having kids in the mix. Jesus, man....

What you are going through sucks, but its going better for you than a lot of men who got dumped through no fault of their own. Don't blame this on "women are crazy", when there were clearly by your own admission a fair number of red flags you chose to ignore before things got to this point. I am sure you care about your kids and maybe even your soon to be ex. But I think you cared about yourself more, or you would have not been in an open relationship when there were problems to be solved with your marriage.

• 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I bet the whole banging other chicks after she had kids had zero to do with her checking out on the relationship.....

This is going to come off as harsh, but she probably was dead inside and too nice to say anything until your shift change made her resentment of the thing something she could no longer internalize. Then she got with another guy and found out that she didn't have to live as the second choice all the time. I get that you are hurting, but I think you are being unrealistic if you think being the sole person with side action is not super corrosive for a relationship. You had to know by the fact that she never took that option herself until your shift change made things different that she could not have been as thrilled as you apparently were with the whole open relationship thing, at least deep down. But you went with what served yourself best, despite having kids in the mix. Jesus, man....

What you are going through sucks, but its going better for you than a lot of men who got dumped through no fault of their own. Don't blame this on "women are crazy", when there were clearly by your own admission a fair number of red flags you chose to ignore before things got to this point. I am sure you care about your kids and maybe even your soon to be ex. But I think you cared about yourself more, or you would have not been in an open relationship when there were problems to be solved with your marriage.

I like you bro, we've had a lot of good discussions over the years, but you're making way too many assumptions here.

She has always been number one. Always. Side action is side action. Furthermore, the open relationship was her idea. Due to the childhood I had, she wanted me to form more relationships with people. She finds the thought of me banging other women hot and it's lead to threesomes along the way. She just never felt the need to look for anyone else until all her friends convinced her that she was somehow being exploited when she was finding other girls for me to bang. (Lol)

So yeah dude, you're pretty far off base. Don't infer shit that isn't there and assume what's going on from bits and pieces.

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I hope you dont wonder why your children turn out like your soon to be ex in a decade or two and you are pulling out your grey hairs dealing with your mulatto grand children.

Seriously, for the love of god going forward put your children first, not some random piece of ass. Nothing will fuck up your kids more than seeing you interact in a toxic manner with your ex, and whores off the internet.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I hope you dont wonder why your children turn out like your soon to be ex in a decade or two and you are pulling out your grey hairs dealing with your mulatto grand children.

Seriously, for the love of god going forward put your children first, not some random piece of ass. Nothing will fuck up your kids more than seeing you interact in a toxic manner with your ex, and whores off the internet.

Are you serious with this shit?

I know a lot of people here like to use that "virtue signaling" buzzword. This entire post fits that description precisely.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Are you serious with this shit?

I know a lot of people here like to use that "virtue signaling" buzzword. This entire post fits that description precisely.
You think children turn into well adjusted adults when they come from homes that fell apart due to open relationships with parents that place higher value on their sex life with random people than time with their family?

• 1Like

Khane

You think children turn into well adjusted adults when they come from homes that fell apart due to open relationships with parents that place higher value on their sex life with random people than time with their family?

I don't know Big P, what's the reason you haven't turned into a well adjusted adult? Did you see the line I bolded? You're telling him he is amoral and that his punishment will be that his children will fuck black people and have mixed race kids.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Yeah bad choice of words.

Point being guy has set a monumentally horrible example for his kid when it comes to relationships.

Khane

Or he and his wife came to an adult agreement about their sex lives and their children have no idea about it because they don't wave it around in front of them.

There is always potential for an arrangement like that to be more volatile than a traditional relationship, you just never really know how an outsider may try to inject themselves into your home life or, like in this case, what feelings might be "caught". But to say it's a foregone conclusion or that you can't still be a good parent just because you don't follow traditional societal roles is nonsense.

People do all kinds of different things in their personal lives and still end up being good parents. You're acting like he and his wife were just bringing random tinder dates home to meet the kids before fucking on the sofa in the living room for all to see. We don't really know much about his arrangement other than he told us it was an open relationship.

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cutlery's living room:

armory room.jpg

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Khane

Who's that hot little number off to the right Cutlery? I love a woman in flannel.