Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's actually The Armory in SF. Used to be where they filmed kink.com films. You could take tours of the place on weekends when they weren't filming. Was always a great date. The prop room was impressively hilarious. Massive barrels of lube, human sized hamster wheels, shock machines with ELECTRO-SLUTS in big ass letters. Unfortunately they sold the building and it's going to become fucking offices or something now. The things those walls witnessed.

That studio has an amazing art department. Insane asylum and butcher rooms that look hella gross but are apparently so pristine they can perform surgery in them.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
That's actually The Armory in SF. Used to be where they filmed kink.com films. You could take tours of the place on weekends when they weren't filming. Was always a great date. The prop room was impressively hilarious. Massive barrels of lube, human sized hamster wheels, shock machines with ELECTRO-SLUTS in big ass letters. Unfortunately they sold the building and it's going to become fucking offices or something now. The things those walls witnessed.

That studio has an amazing art department. Insane asylum and butcher rooms that look hella gross but are apparently so pristine they can perform surgery in them.

"Tours" of an open club that anybody can visit? :) . Yes I bet you can "tour" the kink club at anytime. *wink*

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
TFW you realize Khane has the moral high ground over you.

On the other hand Khane being indignant that someone pointlessly criticized someone's life rather than providing useful input is pretty funny.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
TFW you realize Khane has the moral high ground over you.

So your opinion of me is that I'm immoral? How's that? Argumentative, yes. Sardonic, of course. Immoral? What are you basing that off of?

Cad continues to have an incredible knack for selective reading when it comes to my posts. Yea bud, I was indignant about his "pointless criticism". It wasn't the blatant racism. Nah.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cad lives in Texas. He's probably racist and didn't see anything wrong with that statement. Assumptions are fun!

• 2Worf

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought Asians were supposed to be the superior race so clearly him marrying one is even more racist.

• 2Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So your opinion of me is that I'm immoral? How's that? Argumentative, yes. Sardonic, of course. Immoral? What are you basing that off of?

Cad continues to have an incredible knack for selective reading when it comes to my posts. Yea bud, I was indignant about his "pointless criticism". It wasn't the blatant racism. Nah.
I was going for single mother.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

I think of you like the little devil on our shoulder that tells us to do terrible sexual things. I don't judge, I'm just making fun of Big P.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I like you bro, we've had a lot of good discussions over the years, but you're making way too many assumptions here.

She has always been number one. Always. Side action is side action. Furthermore, the open relationship was her idea. Due to the childhood I had, she wanted me to form more relationships with people. She finds the thought of me banging other women hot and it's lead to threesomes along the way. She just never felt the need to look for anyone else until all her friends convinced her that she was somehow being exploited when she was finding other girls for me to bang. (Lol)

So yeah dude, you're pretty far off base. Don't infer shit that isn't there and assume what's going on from bits and pieces.

I am going to make an observation about women in general. They don't want to share their partners' anything with anyone else. Time, attention, affection, resources; you name it and women want it with their partner and for their family. The problem is that they are usually high in agreeableness AND think that they can change people over time so what ends up happening is that they tell you something that you want to hear and may even believe it at the time (i.e. - I want to wait 5 years to have kids, I don't care where we live as long as we are together, the thought of you banging other girls turns me on) but one that their lizard brain fully intends to reverse once the relationship is their major source of security and stability. We men are often told that we ignore these signs when, in actuality, our brains do not see the signs or interpret them that way because it just isn't the way we reason.

I say all that to say this: I don't think your woman's friends are the ones that suddenly made her realize that she had the short end of this relationship stick. It sounds more like her natural feelings of safety/security have been constantly diminished with every outside fling simply due to the fact that her lizard brain doesn't really see you as ever being fully committed. I mean, if you are willing to bang them then logically you could leave her and your offspring to be with one. Never mind the fact that she encouraged it since, in her mind, you could prove your commitment at any time by telling her that you would stop and never do it again. Now she found a guy that is telling her the things that she wanted to hear from you the entire time but probably told you over and over that she didn't need to hear.

I may be totally off base with you specifically but honestly you could put me and my wife or about half of other couples in the statements above and they would probably still peg some problem with a marriage because it really seems like a lack of true communication in most instances. I mean the kind of talk that you have to be ready to hear shit you never wanted to hear and then figure out how to move past it when what you really want to do is fucking rage and then say something horrible back to the person who just laid it on you. Luckily for me and my wife things came to a head and we went to a councilor who was able to really get us talking about real feelings instead of just surface level keep-the-peace ones.

On a slightly lighter note, maybe try hate-cleaning her office?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users