Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife recently purchased a water flosser and it's been some solid comedy.

Every day i listen to this storm of cussing because she turns it on before it's in her mouth and doesn't turn it off when finished until it's sprayed all over.

This is week 2 and she's now moved to doing it at the kitchen sink. I'm afraid to turn appliances on in there now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I got one of those, was a waste of money imo. Does nothing floss picks cant do and just makes a mess.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
5yo was obsessed with making potions last week - no biggie, let him free his mind; but he was getting frustrated and tantrumed when I dumped them out. He had to test them he said; they had to sit overnight he said. He had eye droppers and test tubes and several odd shaped bottles filled with liquids.
He exclaimed and cheered when he droppered some on ants.

6:40 a.m., he woke up with a start and ran into the kitchen to check. Then he came into my room with a voice that sounded defeated. "I tried really hard," he said, " to make a potion to make mommy not sick anymore. I needed a potion to make her see (that) you're a good dad."

Tough to not get choked up. He was unshaken and wanted me to Google recipes. I diverted and talked about careers in medical research. He listened for a bit and then snapped back into kid mode.

This whole situation pisses me off. Move on and learn to not do it again. I know. But what I can't grasp is how come things can be not perfect. That's not how it's supposed to work. You're supposed to dig in and double down and tough it out and fix things. After 7 years of losing that battle, I know I made the right decision by leaving. Life is technically better now. I'm not walking on eggshells or fearing for my life. I sleep better and nowhere near as stressed. Time will heal, I know this. I will get another partner and I refuse to settle for scraps. There's actually much to look forward to and personal development to experience, but times like this one are tough and sets me back.

• 3Solidarity

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I got one of those, was a waste of money imo. Does nothing floss picks cant do and just makes a mess.
My dentist recommended I get a water pick to clean my crown. I don’t use it as regularly as I should, but it does a much better job at getting any impacted debris out than floss or a flosser.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Waterpik has done excellent things for my kids teeth. They just don't floss like they should, but they don't mind doing that. Yeah, it does nothing floss can't do for most people, but if they don't want to floss, but are willing to use this thing, it's a good trade-off.
My wife's teeth are incredibly close together, and very difficult to floss. The dentist recommended a waterpik instead of flossing for her, and it has been really good. The whole family just got used to using it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

apex

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'll switch between flossing and using the water pik. I fucking hate flossing but don't mind the water pik as much. They both have their advantages and drawbacks. I don't think one is inherently better than the other though.

Really as long as you are doing something then you are ahead of a majority of the population who can't seem to make the effort to take care of their fucking teeth. Gross.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
6:40 a.m., he woke up with a start and ran into the kitchen to check. Then he came into my room with a voice that sounded defeated. "I tried really hard," he said, " to make a potion to make mommy not sick anymore. I needed a potion to make her see (that) you're a good dad."

My oldest said about a month ago "I'm not sure what bothers me more...the fact that mom has changed so much, or the possibility that she hasn't."

All you can do is be the stability for your kids. Just be the rock they need for whatever time they're with you. You can't control what happens when they're not, but at least they know there's somewhere where life won't be crazy and they can just be kids.

• 3Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're not supposed to *like* flossing! At the very best, you do it to spite the dentist so your gums don't bleed as much when he butcherscleans them.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
You're not supposed to *like* flossing! At the very best, you do it to spite the dentist so your gums don't bleed as much when he butcherscleans them.
After suffering 6 months of tooth pain many years ago because my old dentist didn't properly identify an abscess I fucking love flossing. Only chewing on one side of your mouth sucks ass so I'm happy with every minute of tooth cleaning.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Flossing is like yoga for your teeth. Terrible while you're doing it but feels so good when it's all done.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My oldest said about a month ago "I'm not sure what bothers me more...the fact that mom has changed so much, or the possibility that she hasn't."

All you can do is be the stability for your kids. Just be the rock they need for whatever time they're with you. You can't control what happens when they're not, but at least they know there's somewhere where life won't be crazy and they can just be kids.

You got divorced?

And that second part is true. My oldest had his childhood stolen by his mother while over at her house and he was expected to act like an adult starting at 10. At my place he knows he can be a kid and he's truly grown to appreciate the environment he has when with me. As they get older, they realize the truth about a lot of things.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
You got divorced?

And that second part is true. My oldest had his childhood stolen by his mother while over at her house and he was expected to act like an adult starting at 10. At my place he knows he can be a kid and he's truly grown to appreciate the environment he has when with me. As they get older, they realize the truth about a lot of things.

Yep, finally. What a fucking shitshow.

But, much happier now. I've got the house, better than half time with my kids, the dog, and the cat. I've got everything but the problem.

• 2Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
How did it affect the business?

You have me confused with someone else. My job, pension, and life came out unscathed. Inherited a good bit of debt to balance the books, but whatever. Can always make more money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You have me confused with someone else. My job, pension, and life came out unscathed. Inherited a good bit of debt to balance the books, but whatever. Can always make more money.

My bad, not sure why but I read your name and thought of Lyrical for some reason. Not sure why.

Glad things turned out okay for you man!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I have a genetic disposition to weak gums and my teeth have no enamel on them. I hate going to new dentists when I move and them hiding until the read my records.

I bleed every damn time and sometimes at night. Perfectly healthy but they dry and crack super easy.