Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just something light hearted from today

I got my wife really sick. I've been sick for 3 weeks (can't shake my cough). Anyways, I've been going to bed a few hours earlier than usual every single night this entire time to try to help heal. She hasn't. She always stays up too late, no matter if she's sick or not. I told her "you should probably go to bed early" as I went to bed in passing.

This morning the kids wake up and she's like an absolute dead rock in the bed. Ok whatever, Saturday is usually my day to sleep in but I'm not gonna complain because she's sick. I then asked her how late she was up.and she says 230, so I got "what the fuck did you do that for????" Legitimately angry about it. Now she's sulking around because I "yelled at her like she was a kid"

The double standard there is hilarious. I get yelled at like I'm a kid nearly every day

It is the same exact way for me. She constantly barks and yells if I were off the path she thinks I should take. Hell I refuse to drive because she is the worst back seat driver. Yet the few times my long ass fuse depleted and I snap, it's the end of the world.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So what country would be the best place to order a bride from?

Vietnam. Usually they will pay you a lump sum in the form of two payments. sometimes like $20k up front and $20k after the wedding or at time of divorce.

Kicker is you need an in. My old business partner was one of these women, her husband was the one who her family paid. In Vietnam her family owned a small factory. She tried to get me to do the same deal back in like 2009 and to her credit, the girl was actually pretty damn attractive.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I guess I'm lucky with the regard to doing whatever I really want while at home. My wife doesn't care how late I stay up or how late I sleep in (I'm usually up after her and up before her). During the day and evening we have our own separate "living rooms" that are connected and we can see one another, she'll be watching whatever on TV in hers and I'll game in mine. At some point she may ask if I want to watch something with her and I always do, and it's no bother because it's always something we are both interested in, she doesn't expect me to watch her shows she knows I'm not into. Otherwise she's fine, she considers that as "hanging out" and she's cool with it.

I guess I'm pretty lucky in that regard. Last Sunday she marathoned Letterkenny, I gamed, we went out to dinner and we just did whatever all day. At the end she told me she was glad we could have a day together like that.

Again, I guess I'm pretty lucky from reading some of what you guys put (and when comparing to my previous marriages).

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
This really is only an issue because we have two demon spawns that wake up at 530am

When do they go to bed? My kids wake up too early on the weekends (7), but fuck 5:30. Kids sleep more than adults. Maybe you need to trade some evening time for morning time?

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Usually they get up at 630 but everyone's been sick. They're asleep by 8pm. Problem is one wakes up the other and that's it

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Some of you guys need some balls. I'm not saying to be a dick to your spouse but you should not be letting them boss you around and control all aspects of your life.

Noodle buy your fucking guitar you earned it.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Some of you guys need some balls. I'm not saying to be a dick to your spouse but you should not be letting them boss you around and control all aspects of your life.

Noodle buy your fucking guitar you earned it.
Exactly. There's a large gap between controlling husband and dude who has self-respect and sticks up for himself.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Right, there's literally zero logical argument that you cant have that guitar. Sure you're going to get a car in a year, but you were gonna do that anyway, this guitar literally takes nothing away from your budget that you had already planned with the lower wage.

Stop letting someone else dictate your happiness, no matter if its to a small or large degree.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Except people on the internet. Obviously we're qualified to dictate your happiness because we're on your side.

Post pics of the guitar.

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
We aren't dictating anything really, just providing advice. But I see what you did there.

Also, hes not going to buy the guitar. Did you really think he would?

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Or maybe his wife who does the finances (right?) has plans for that money and the guitar is too much? Maybe she just isn't good at explaining?

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Those dish gloves were probably outside the budget as well. Noodle just doesn't understand money.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Or maybe his wife who does the finances (right?) has plans for that money and the guitar is too much? Maybe she just isn't good at explaining?
This is called giving the benefit of the doubt, which I would agree with had we not many examples of Noodle putting up with unreasonable bullshit from his wife. He just brought 30,000 additional dollars into his household. I cannot fathom a possibility where 700 of that is not available for spending.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Wife reminded me today's our 17th wedding anniversary.

22 years together. 17 married.

• 5Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 7 users