Marriage and the Power of Divorce

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
For us mere mortals what's your secret?

I posted a big wall of stuff about not sweating small shit and some other stuff awhile ago. I dunno if that's the secret, or if we just mesh incredibly well plus she's just an awesome person in general to put up with me for so long (lol) but we do and always have been very like physically and emotionally connected. Like we cuddle and sit close all the time we're together. We stay in constant communication. We're friends and always have been first and foremost friends who really give a shit about one another.

I also respond, you know. I try not to get too much into my ego when dealing with her if there's a conflict, do my best to admit fault when I feel I am at fault, be accountable and emotionally available.

We met early, too, (17) and so we sort of grew up together, makes it more of a family feel I think, we didn't have half our early adulthood behind us or more, so we have a lot of shared experiences. Hard to just walk away from someone that you've spent more time with than you lived apart before you met. Shit we've been married as long as we lived before we met at this point, then there's another half decade stacked on top of that together.

I dunno man. I just really love her, and she seems to actually give a real actual shit about me. At the end of the day, if you both care, it'll last. When one stops caring is when it dies.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Here's the compromise. You tell her your Father's Day present will be a guitar. That's two months to save $700. The kids will be all happy that they got to give dad a guitar. It's a win/win.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
Something you may not know because you aren't married and therefore your advice is always invalid, is that all of my kids utensils, cups, plates, etc are plastic that can't be put in the dishwasher. Most of our dishes are exactly that.

I can't believe no one mentioned this. What the hell type dishwasher do you have that is to hot for plastic cups? That's some industrial level dishwashing.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Either they don't realize the bottom rack gets hotter, or they wash and reuse disposable dishes.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
It's the maytag sandblast 5000.

I just use my dishwasher for a drying rack. It's just easier to do them by hand, and after about the fifth time of noticing my dishes weren't really clean after prerinsing them I concluded that dishwashers are a Zionist plot.

My house can be filthy and I don't care, but my utensils have to be spotless and shiny.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

I just use my dishwasher for a drying rack. It's just easier to do them by hand, and after about the fifth time of noticing my dishes weren't really clean after prerinsing them I concluded that dishwashers are a Zionist plot.

My house can be filthy and I don't care, but my utensils have to be spotless and shiny.
This is how I rolled when I lived alone. God, I miss living alone.

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is how I rolled when I lived alone. God, I miss living alone.

Wasn't life just simple when meaningless tasks didn't appear when you decide to finally sit and game... and they better be done right f'ing now or you're clearly lazy and just put things off.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

I've only ever been happy with commercial dishwashers that operate at ridiculous temps. Anything less is just not worth the trouble of cleaning things before they go in and inspecting them after.

Wasn't life just simple when meaningless tasks didn't appear when you decide to finally sit and game... and they better be done right f'ing now or you're clearly lazy and just put things off.

I don't think I could ever handle life not being that simple at this point. Godspeed married bros.