Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Because she has the opportunity, resources and connections to be incredibly successful and only wants to stay at home and live a charmed life.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I take college classes here and there right now and have absolutely no need to. I will never put it on my resume due to my current career. It’s all 100% paid for also.

I guess I am just a bimbo 26 year old.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Because she has the opportunity, resources and connections to be incredibly successful and only wants to stay at home and live a charmed life.

To be fair — very common around here. If you drive around the wealthy East Bay suburbs (I.e. Danville, San Ramon, Pleasanton, Moraga, Lafayette for example) during a weekday, you’ll see tons of wealthy mommies walking around in yoga pants and meeting up with other wealthy mommies for brunch or Orange Theory or “play dates” or whatever. Her mom has never worked and doesn’t have to.

I have no issue with this as long as I’m not the only one paying for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Khane has a point. It could be that way.

It's also not as if any of us know this woman. His concern, while valid, may or may not be the actual facts of the matter.

It's not like wage slaving at a job you actively dislike and which slowly embitters you is a particular virtue. There is something about facing hardship in life however that focuses a person. Depends on the person.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Khane has a point. It could be that way.

It's also not as if any of us know this woman. His concern, while valid, may or may not be the actual facts of the matter.

It's not like wage slaving at a job you actively dislike and which slowly embitters you is a particular virtue. There is something about facing hardship in life however that focuses a person. Depends on the person.

I don’t disagree at all, lots of valid points. Anyway — cart before the horse and all. I’m not about to marry this chick and have kids with her, we’ve dated for two months, ha.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I take college classes here and there right now and have absolutely no need to. I will never put it on my resume due to my current career. It’s all 100% paid for also.

I guess I am just a bimbo 26 year old.
You don't flash your T&A at us enough to be a bimbo.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don’t disagree at all, lots of valid points. Anyway — cart before the horse and all. I’m not about to marry this chick and have kids with her, we’ve dated for two months, ha.
Everyone is pointing out the obvious instead of asking the important questions. How healthy is Grandpa?

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I'd be pretty disappointed in him if he wasn't.

If I was rich old and single why would I NOT do that?

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Good luck with that one bud. A young girl who has everything paid for and knows she'll never actually have to work, getting a degree to be an RN with the intention of luring a man with false ambition just long enough so she can quit and stay at home. That's got entitled brat written all over it.

Just buy a corvette. That's a much cheaper mid-life crisis.
This place (east bay) is awash in Teslas that cost as much as Corvettes.

He needs something else to stand out. But what that is, I don’t know anymore. So much money around here that everything is on the road or in a garage near Dublin.

Or to just get a motorcycle for a real sense of danger.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I mean, fair point. Just saying if you're gonna, then go after a much younger model.

And teach your granddaughter to be a play thing for men. Well, as long as she gets taken care of.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
You make her sign a pre-nup and then show her the will where she gets taken care of.

That way you both know the terms.

All you have to worry about at that point is poison.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm pretty cynical when it comes to marriage. I think it's a far outdated social construct that favors women and religious fags

Prove me wrong
Pretty much. There is also at least one study that shows children in married households do significantly better than children in non-married(but still both parents co-habitating) households. There really aren't any benefits for men, though. I'm tying the knot next October. I don't want my daughter to be a bastard!

What's the bastard name for South Florida? Swamp? Jon Swamp.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users